Snowbound

Aurielius

This might shock you but most of the planet right now is uninhabitable for humans. The interior of Antarctica is uninhabitable. The highest mountain ranges is also largely uninhabitable. Over most of the Earth's oceans are uninhabitable, The layers of the atmosphere above the troposphere is uninhabitable. The interior of the Earth is uninhabitable of us as well. The van Allen belts in the exosphere is extremely uninhabitable. Some deserts are marginally habitable but most of them are not. Why would we want to even put at risk at losing what little of the earth has to offer for us to live on?

This is pretty much a dooms day scenario that assumes human beings can't us technology to adapt. I do believe there are or were people who have lived in both the Arctic and the Antarctic for years. I'm sure that the same can be true for under both the Sea and the land, but this is still an assumption that we will somehow need to.

Nothing, really. People in general will believe what they want to in the end, even when faced with a contradicting reality.

Double edged sword. Be careful as to not decapitate thy own self in the process.

For one thing a better environment for our children to live in. Hopefully teaching them that we only have one planet to live on so we should take care of it as best as we can when we can actually do something to help better it.

This is also and assumption that a middle ground can't be reached where we don't throw the baby out with the bath water. Personally, I would like to get rid of a lot of the technology that is ruining society and turning us into self centered ass holes, but that is me. I would gladly go off the grid and live as we did back when we still had lives and had business enough of our own to take care of and didn't have the time to delve into the businesses of others.

Maybe then we wouldn't have so many lost little activists looking so desperately for somewhere to feel needed. At first there was a need, but like the unions they have outlived their usefulness and have become just as much of the problem as the forces they agonize against. Ideology has become a religion and offense become an industry in this country and both are a despotic taskmaster who suffers little tolerance for those they demand tolerance from.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic