Snowbound

Aurielius

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're probably all surprised to see me here, as it has been quite some time. However, I was reading over this thread this morning and those of you who remember me at all will surely know on which side I stand. But my real reason for jumping into the fray is because of the astounding lack of respect I felt was being displayed by all of you that were on one side of the debate towards Colorwheels, who was the only one on the other side of the debate. I do not happen to know Colorwheels and have no particular agenda with respect to him/her (not sure). But I do know that (I will just say she because I'm not sure) debates here frequently, and I did not think it was necessary for Kvnchrist to give her lessons in debating technique or for either Aurielius or HeyYou (both of whom I consider to be friends of mine) to belittle some of her comments simply because they disagreed.

As a matter of fact some of what she said was spot on in my opinion. Some of you may take it lightly, but we are in fact slowly but surely destroying our planet. We are burning fossil fuels and pumping CO2 into the atmosphere at an alarming rate losing our ozone layer. The Antartic glaciers are disappearing and the wildlife that depends on them is losing its homeland. We are spilling oil into our oceans on a regular basis. We dump our garbage wherever it is most convenient. Many of us don't want the inconvenience of recycling. I could go on an on. But some of you mention the financial hardships put on us by those "crying over" global warming. When the planet is gone there will be no financial hardships for those future generations.

I guess I have said my piece.

You're probably all surprised to see me here, as it has been quite some time. However, I was reading over this thread this morning and those of you who remember me at all will surely know on which side I stand. But my real reason for jumping into the fray is because of the astounding lack of respect I felt was being displayed by all of you that were on one side of the debate towards Colorwheels, who was the only one on the other side of the debate. I do not happen to know Colorwheels and have no particular agenda with respect to him/her (not sure). But I do know that (I will just say she because I'm not sure) debates here frequently, and I did not think it was necessary for Kvnchrist to give her lessons in debating technique or for either Aurielius or HeyYou (both of whom I consider to be friends of mine) to belittle some of her comments simply because they disagreed.

As a matter of fact some of what she said was spot on in my opinion. Some of you may take it lightly, but we are in fact slowly but surely destroying our planet. We are burning fossil fuels and pumping CO2 into the atmosphere at an alarming rate losing our ozone layer. The Antartic glaciers are disappearing and the wildlife that depends on them is losing its homeland. We are spilling oil into our oceans on a regular basis. We dump our garbage wherever it is most convenient. Many of us don't want the inconvenience of recycling. I could go on an on. But some of you mention the financial hardships put on us by those "crying over" global warming. When the planet is gone there will be no financial hardships for those future generations.

I guess I have said my piece.

Firstly the arctic ice cap has increased in size and thickness, we've also seen an increase in antarctic sea ice. The ozone layer is getting thicker and has nothing to do with CO2, it was CFCs causing the problem and quite rightly their use has been brought under control. On CO2, every prediction alarmists have made has been proven to be wrong, hardly surprising when their models are built on fabricated data, as everyone knows, garbage data in, garbage out. As for recycling, I'd be happy to do it once I'm sure it's not going to be dumped in the sea, dumped on the third word or sent to china where villages are being turned into toxic wastelands by the factories that do the recycling.

What is obvious is this generation seem hell bent on destroying the lives of future generations, not only are we leaving them a mountain of debt but now we're going to hand them broken economies, broken because we've made them uncompetitive, does anyone think China and India are going to sacrifice their economies on the altar of climate "science"? But it's not only future generations who will suffer, already in my country "green" policies are driving people into fuel poverty, in winter some are having to choose between heating or eating, they can't afford both, the saddest thing of all is what's happening to the poorest elderly, numbers of them are dying because they are too frightened to turn the heating on. These policies have serious real life consequences for people and as usual it's the poorest who end up suffering the most.

Sorry, but I have a hard time digesting these doom and gloom scenarios people come up with to push their agenda. This idea that people need to react now and without considering anything at all except what has been told them seems to fit more into the times of The Spanish Inquisition than in modern times. I've heard this modern day Moses going to bring us all into the promised land bit before and it never works beyond those adherents who seem to have a difficulty with other people having lives, themselves.

These types of fear tactics have remain a viable means of moving public opinion for decades and they are being overused so much that they are actually turning people away from the message of the Environmental movement. Certainly we are polluting the air, the water and everything else on this planet. That's a given. I ride the roads and see it every day. T have driven past Gary, In, Huston, Tx. Been down on the shoreline of New Jersey and have seen the filth, but the idea of throwing the sheet to the wind and forgetting all else for stop a supposed outcome seems ludicrous to me. No one knows the future and no one can predict it.

The measures which Collourwheel have been spoken again and again by various people and almost everyone that I've talked to who is revolted by this message have done so because of two main reasons.

(1) It's become some sort of a cult where it's practitioners will allow only two resolutions. Either you follow them or you die. Now where have you heard that statement before?

(2) There is such a push on this issue that will not allow the time to discuss it and those who think differently are attacked personally and professionally.

I'm sorry if you think I was wrong in my approach here, but from my point of view, it was right and proper to try and help people who were not getting anywhere at what they were doing.

The thing that "Global warming" deniers always leave out is the fact that if you take human emissions out of the equation there is a net loss of carbon in the environment.

The land and the oceans world wide emit approximately 771 gigatons of CO2 annually while humans emit a measly 26 gigatons. The land and oceans take up, or sink, 788 gigatons of CO2. Without human emissions there is a net loss of about 17 gigatons of CO2 in the environment. When human activity gets put back into the mix we see a net increase of an approximate of 9 gigatons per year.

People get into science to learn the truths of the universe not to create a hoax.

And truth depends on lot on your perspective. There are a fair few folks out there in the world (scientists), that disagree with the whole global warming thing. The temp has risen a little over a degree in 150 years. it's not like that has never happened before. Look at historical data. (and I am NOT talking just the last 150 years or so that we have been keeping track.) The time frame the global warmists keep screaming about is not even an eyeblink in the overall scheme of things.

But, not like I am going to change your mind, nor are you going to change mine. You will just keep marching out with the same tired points, some of which have already been debunked, (and I am not referring to these forums here....) and you will never realize the truth. So, I am going to just leave this one go. You can even have the last word.

Hi Granny! Nice to see you again! :D