Black body texture after a while of playing. (high end pc)

Darkened666

Does anybody have any clue what is causing this problem? This is first time I'm having this problem and it shouldn't happen with my pc.

my PC:

Asus Strix GTX970 4gb factory OC

Intel Xeon 1230V3 3,3ghz (turbo boosted 3,7ghz)

2x4gb ram 1600mhz

I have 59 plugins+ main skyrim plugin+update, dlc plugins and merge+bashed patch and I have everything on ultra 1920x1080 without AA or AF. I am using ENB v0,236 with Seasons of Skyrim preset. In enblocal setting I added vsync=true, videomemorysizemb=10240 and reservedvmemorysizemb=512. I have Skse.ini with the settings: DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB=768 and ScrapHeapSizeMB=256 and I am using the SSME at the same time.

I am using the skyrim memory blog and other mods that stable skyrim like skyrim project optimization and unofficial patches.

I had afterburner and rivatuner statistics server running while I played like 20-30 minutes to test and this is what the statistic showed:

gpu usage 100%, temp 58-60 celcius, vram usage at highest was 1900-2000mb (outside it got higher) and average 1600-1700mb (when inside in a cave or a house), cpu usage core1: 40-55% core2: 0, core3: 0 and core4: 30-40% ( I deselected to not show the 6-8 cores from afterburner), RAM usage: at highest was around 3600-3700mb. At idling my ram is 2,5 with steam,origin, gputweak and mozilla firefox on and without those programs it gets under 2gb.

I have done stability runs 2 times with tgm, tlc, 9999stamina and player.forceav speedmult 900. Both times I did like 35-45 minute runs by going to every city and village to kill the villagers+guards and I didn't have any crashes or so on so the game is very stable.

Load Order:

Skyrim.esm

Update.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp
Dawnguard.esm
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp
HearthFires.esm
Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp
Dragonborn.esm
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp
Skyrim Project Optimization - Full Version.esm
JSwords.esm
AzarHair.esm
HighResTexturePack01.esp
HighResTexturePack02.esp
HighResTexturePack03.esp
Unofficial High Resolution Patch.esp
AmazingFollowerTweaks.esp
Headbomb's Better Sorting - Miscellaneous.esp
Better Stealth AI for Followers.esp
Hothtrooper44_Armor_Ecksstra.esp
RaceMenuPlugin.esp
JSwords_Load_Screens.esp
Reduced Distance NPC Greetings.esp
Skyrim Immersive Creatures.esp
Rebirth Monster.esp
dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp
UltimateCombat.esp
Headbomb's Better Sorting - Ammo.esp
Beards.esp
NoSneakAttackSound.esp
Headbomb's Better Sorting - Potions (Weightless).esp
iHUD.esp
Headbomb's Better Sorting - Soul Gems (PseudoVanilla).esp
Headbomb's Better Sorting - Books.esp
Headbomb's Better Sorting - Spells.esp
dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp
dD-Reduced Splatter Size.esp
dD-Reduced Wound Size.esp
imp_helm_legend.esp
Brows.esp
MIDFollowMeCloser.esp
Presets 2-3.esp
RaceMenu.esp
Rebirth Monster - SIC Patch.esp
Skyrim Immersive Creatures - DLC2.esp
Hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp
Run For Your Lives.esp
JSwordsDistributionBalancePlugin.esp
Merge Patch.esp
Headbomb's Better Sorting - Food (Reduced Weight).esp
Headbomb's Better Sorting - Ingredients.esp
PlayerHomeMapMarkers.esp
rockfix.esp
dD-DG-DB-Immersive Creatures EBT Patch.esp
HearthfireMultiKid.esp
HearthfireMultiKid_LastName.esp
Proper Aiming.esp
SkyUI.esp
Customizable Camera.esp
The Eyes Of Beauty - Elves Edition.esp
TheEyesOfBeauty.esp
vAutosaveManager.esp
When Vampires Attack.esp
Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp
ASLAL - Hearthfire Support.esp
Bashed Patch, 0.esp

All master files cleaned with tes5edit and load order sorted with LOOT. I used CalienteTools to fix the neckseam with the UNP dimonized bodies and the women of skyrim face texture. Both mods are compatible with each other. I installed UNP first and then the face texture mod.

I hope all this information helped so somebody could help me to get rid of this annoying texture "bug". I can give more info if it is needed! Cheers!!

put main racemenu above the plugins etc, maybe reinstall your body mod too, im not expert, but yeah check that non of the addons etc are below the base files

RaceMenuPlugin.esp
JSwords_Load_Screens.esp
Reduced Distance NPC Greetings.esp
Skyrim Immersive Creatures.esp
Rebirth Monster.esp
dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp
UltimateCombat.esp
Headbomb's Better Sorting - Ammo.esp
Beards.esp
NoSneakAttackSound.esp
Headbomb's Better Sorting - Potions (Weightless).esp
iHUD.esp
Headbomb's Better Sorting - Soul Gems (PseudoVanilla).esp
Headbomb's Better Sorting - Books.esp
Headbomb's Better Sorting - Spells.esp
dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp
dD-Reduced Splatter Size.esp
dD-Reduced Wound Size.esp
imp_helm_legend.esp
Brows.esp
MIDFollowMeCloser.esp
Presets 2-3.esp
RaceMenu.esp

Race menu.esp shoould i believe be aboce the plug in etc as an example

It happens when you run out of video ram. Yeah you got something sucking up that 4gb vram you got there.

Did you even read the whole info I gave? It is not problem with my vram when my whole pc is using max 2gb out of 4gb. http://i.imgur.com/PccTF.jpg This is what the problem looks like close up. It fades away a bit and when I look from far away it is completely black. I might have fixed the problem (need to test first) I tweaked the config.xml file from the unp body blender mod. The author of this mod gave instructions how to fix this problem if you get black head/body.

PS. next time read the whole thread before giving advices.

It happens when you run out of video ram. Yeah you got something sucking up that 4gb vram you got there.

Did you even read the whole info I gave? It is not problem with my vram when my whole pc is using max 2gb out of 4gb. http://i.imgur.com/PccTF.jpg This is what the problem looks like close up. It fades away a bit and when I look from far away it is completely black. I might have fixed the problem (need to test first) I tweaked the config.xml file from the unp body blender mod. The author of this mod gave instructions how to fix this problem if you get black head/body.

In your post you said your RAM gets under 2GB. Not your VRAM. They are two different things entirely.

From the CBBE author:

Q: Why am I getting black body textures after playing for a while?

A1: The longer you play, the more RAM/VRAM gets used up. After a while of playing, especially if you use higher-res textures such as CBBE, there isn't enough RAM/VRAM to load the textures. This was a very common issue at the beginning of Skyrim modding, before the 4GB mod and BethSoft's LAA patch. It is recommended you have a decent video card and more than 4GB RAM to help prevent this from happening. If you can't, then simply restarting Skyrim should solve the issues for a while. You can also go into an interior cell, open the console, and enter 'pcb' to purge cell buffers and free up memory.

A2: The body textures weren't saved with mipmaps originally, which can cause the body textures to go black. You can fix this by downloading and installing the 'mip maps' file for your body mod, found in the optional downloads.

You said you have UNP and Women of Skyrim texture pack but they're not listed in your load order. Does this mean you have excluded some mods in that list?

Edited by Myuna

In your post you said your RAM gets under 2GB. Not your VRAM. They are two different things entirely.

From the CBBE author:

Q: Why am I getting black body textures after playing for a while?

A1: The longer you play, the more RAM/VRAM gets used up. After a while of playing, especially if you use higher-res textures such as CBBE, there isn't enough RAM/VRAM to load the textures. This was a very common issue at the beginning of Skyrim modding, before the 4GB mod and BethSoft's LAA patch. It is recommended you have a decent video card and more than 4GB RAM to help prevent this from happening. If you can't, then simply restarting Skyrim should solve the issues for a while. You can also go into an interior cell, open the console, and enter 'pcb' to purge cell buffers and free up memory.

A2: The body textures weren't saved with mipmaps originally, which can cause the body textures to go black. You can fix this by downloading and installing the 'mip maps' file for your body mod, found in the optional downloads.

You said you have UNP and Women of Skyrim texture pack but they're not listed in your load order. Does this mean you have excluded some mods in that list?

"vram usage at highest was 1900-2000mb", "RAM usage: at highest was around 3600-3700mb. At idling my ram is 2,5 with steam,origin, gputweak and mozilla firefox on and without those programs it gets under 2gb." there you go.

UNP and Women of Skyrim doesn't have plugins. They only contain meshes and textures.

This thing might interest too. I noticed the body textures appeared normally after the game loaded new area. Here is a good example: I was doing this mission where I had to go to a cave where ofcourse I died first and when I loaded save again the body had turned black, so I just continued playing even with that problem, then I finished the mission and I headed back to the cave entrence. The load screen appeared, I waited and when the game continued my characters body had turned back to normal. No black textures at all. So I thought my tweaking with the body blender config.xml had worked (the mod author said to do certain tweaks to the config if you get black body/head textures) and I fast travelled back to Whiterun and when I was there and I checked again if anything had happened to the body texture and yet again it had turned black.

http://i.imgur.com/PccTF.jpg (I didn't took this picture) This is similar problem I have, but for me the black body texture doesn't dissapear that much, but still when I zoom my character very close from some parts the black texture dissapears a little bit like in the photo.

Edited by Darkened666

Do you have a lighting mod at all? Like enhanced lighting overhaul. I have this mod and it occasionally glitches out Serana's body into the black bug until she enters a new room. I sometimes think it has something to do with lighting because I noticed that whenever she got the black body glitch, the room's lighting was also turned off (vanilla) instead of the overhaul mod being there. Not entirely sure if its the mod's fault, could just be a part of the bug. It always fixed itself for me though. You could try cleaning your save file but I doubt that would fix future instances..

Edited by Myuna

Do you have a lighting mod at all? Like enhanced lighting overhaul. I have this mod and it occasionally glitches out Serana's body into the black bug until she enters a new room. I sometimes think it has something to do with lighting because I noticed that whenever she got the black body glitch, the room's lighting was also turned off (vanilla) instead of the overhaul mod being there. Not entirely sure if its the mod's fault, could just be a part of the bug. It always fixed itself for me though. You could try cleaning your save file but I doubt that would fix future instances..

No lighting mods. Save cleaning won't help because it is texture problem and not script problem. I am going to try add mipmaps to my female body textures and compress the quality from 4k to 2k, ofcourse I am not sure what the body quality is, but I am still going to try. If that won't help I will unistall everything and start from the bottom.

No lighting mods. Save cleaning won't help because it is texture problem and not script problem. I am going to try add mipmaps to my female body textures and compress the quality from 4k to 2k, ofcourse I am not sure what the body quality is, but I am still going to try. If that won't help I will unistall everything and start from the bottom.

Looks like I fixed the problem. I played about 15 minutes to test it. So here is my fix: First I uninstalled UNP, Women of Skyrim and the UNP texture blender, then I reinstalled them, okay simple thing, then I went to the texture blender and made the blending with the tool for head,body+feet. Okay after this I opened the texture optimizer and added mipmaps for every files in skyrim folder "skyrim/data/textures/actors/characters" and choosed one by one every female file (darkelffemale, highelffemale etc.) okay after I've done that I opened tes5edit, made merge patch and after that remake bashed patch and activated those plugins. I changed the load order with LOOT and tested for 15min by killing few bandits and fast travelling to few places and no black textures. Last time when I tried to see if my problem was fixed the black textures appeared after 5 minutes and when I first tried the fix I made the mipmaps before I blended the textures. Well lets hope no more black textures appears because it would be boring to uninstall everything and install all the mods again.

Textures can be glitched out, it happened with me too, I just reinstalled almost all of them, replaced 2K textures with 1K ones, that sorted the problem. You don`t have to re-do the bashed/merged patches for textures as they not part of them anyway.