Dismemberment without death?

Sacrifyx

Don't know if this has been requested or attempted before - would it be at all possible to make a mod that allowed you to dismember an enemy without killing them? I mean lose an arm, big deal, right? They still have one good arm to attack with. If they lose a leg, they would hit the ground, maybe crawl around a little but be able to keep shooting until you finish them off.

I'm thinking some new anims might be required for such a thing, but I really dunno. Just sounded kind of interesting to me.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reminds me of Postal 2 where you could cripple people and watch them try to crawl off, chopping their legs or arms off if you so desired as they cried and tried pathetically to escape.

bit twisted, yet curiously satisfying watching them snail away from you

It might actually take your own character's crippling to another level, requiring you to pick up your own severed limb or (for added fun) any similar limb laying nearby (Frankenstein, anyone?) and make a trip to a doctor to get put back together. Perhaps you'd need to carry tourniquets around with you just in case, in addition to your stimpaks/doctors bags. There's a bunch of different ways to go with it, just wondering if it's possible from a mod/animation standpoint.

I also have been waiting for this mod since FO3.

When I shoot someone in the arm and they die it always breaks my immersion. People don't have hit points. They have blood and vital organs. Limbs aren't vital, and if you can slow the bleeding you could live for a while after losing a limb.

I don't think any but the toughest enemies should "stay in the fight" after losing an arm or leg. Definitely they should flee or beg for their life and cower. Maybe other times they go into shock and become unresponsive. Other times they scream in horror incessantly requiring you to finish them just to stop the noise. I totally endorse this mod.

Then let's see if we can build up some steam behind this. Maybe one of the gifted among us will take pity on our plight and grace us with a sweet mod where I can be a one-armed bandit.

I remember this idea came up pretty early in FO3's history as well. And if I recall correctly, it was discovered that you actually COULD make it so that people didn't die when dismembered, but if they moved around their bodyparts would just "float" around after them.

But maybe if you made people immobile but still alive, it could work.

I remember this idea came up pretty early in FO3's history as well. And if I recall correctly, it was discovered that you actually COULD make it so that people didn't die when dismembered, but if they moved around their bodyparts would just "float" around after them.

But maybe if you made people immobile but still alive, it could work.

Or maybe you could change the texture on the lost limb so it's invisible?