New Vegas Script Extender (NVSE) RELEASED!

Echelon

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get a similar error to the one MacMallian mentioned.

I start NV with the Fallout Mod Manager, and it's Launch NVSE button. Whenever I click that, two error messages (one in a DOS window, another in a normal Windows text box) appear. Both say...

"You have an unknown version of Fallout. Please check http://nvse.silverlock.org to make sure you're using the latest version of NVSE. (version = 000100020000013A)"

When I go to the silverlock website, there's a line that says "NVSE will support the latest version of Fallout available on Steam, and _only_ this version (currently 1.2.0.314). When a new version [of Fallout: New Vegas] is released, we will update [NVSE] as soon as possible; please be patient.

So, since FONV was recently updated to a newer version, it's no longer compatible with the currently-available version of NVSE. I guess all we can do is continue to check the silverlock website and hope an updated version of NVSE comes out soon.

OOPS!!! I just installed the files currently on the silverlock website, and even though they had the same version numbers as the ones I already had, it solved the problem.

Edited by Servius1234

I get a similar error to the one MacMallian mentioned.

I start NV with the Fallout Mod Manager, and it's Launch NVSE button. Whenever I click that, two error messages (one in a DOS window, another in a normal Windows text box) appear. Both say...

"You have an unknown version of Fallout. Please check http://nvse.silverlock.org to make sure you're using the latest version of NVSE. (version = 000100020000013A)"

When I go to the silverlock website, there's a line that says "NVSE will support the latest version of Fallout available on Steam, and _only_ this version (currently 1.2.0.314). When a new version [of Fallout: New Vegas] is released, we will update [NVSE] as soon as possible; please be patient.

So, since FONV was recently updated to a newer version, it's no longer compatible with the currently-available version of NVSE. I guess all we can do is continue to check the silverlock website and hope an updated version of NVSE comes out soon.

OOPS!!! I just installed the files currently on the silverlock website, and even though they had the same version numbers as the ones I already had, it solved the problem.

I'm getting this same problem. I checked the version of Fallout I have and it is 1.2.0.314. I've redownloaded the files from the silverlock website a few times with no luck. Any ideas?

I am having the same issues. I too have the latest beta 1.6, steam community enabled, as well as the latest official patch for New Vegas. when I load a save a pop up appears saying that I dont have a working version of the latest NVSE. I've downloaded it several times from the NVSE site as well, and copied and pasted everything exactly into the main New Vegas folder.

So, is there any chance we can get a version that does *NOT* require the Steam Community? I have it permanently disabled on my system, because I despise it. I went on a campaign - after the Orange Box was released - to get the ability to disable it for the OB games, that's how much I hate it. If I enabled it for this one mod, I would have to manually disable it for every other game I own (which is a lot). That's extremely cumbersome. A version that works without Steam Community would be greatly appreciated.

Anyone? Is there a specific reason why NVSE requires Steam Community? If it's required due to some technical issue, I'll understand and work around it. But if it's at all possible to get a version that doesn't utilize SC, then I would appreciate it very much.

So, is there any chance we can get a version that does *NOT* require the Steam Community? I have it permanently disabled on my system, because I despise it. I went on a campaign - after the Orange Box was released - to get the ability to disable it for the OB games, that's how much I hate it. If I enabled it for this one mod, I would have to manually disable it for every other game I own (which is a lot). That's extremely cumbersome. A version that works without Steam Community would be greatly appreciated.

Anyone? Is there a specific reason why NVSE requires Steam Community? If it's required due to some technical issue, I'll understand and work around it. But if it's at all possible to get a version that doesn't utilize SC, then I would appreciate it very much.

The Steam community needs to be enabled because it contains the code that loads NVSE. Due to the copy protection on the runtime executable, we can't use DLL injection like we did with Oblivion and Fallout 3. Some regions seem to have runtime exes that run directly, in which case just use nvse_loader like you did with previous games.