New Vegas Script Extender (NVSE) RELEASED!

Echelon

Thank you for that replay Jim.

I found a way to use 4gb with NVSE

Ok i got the solution..get you kudos giving finger ready : )

Make a shortcut to f4gb.exe to your desktop.

click that then, edit properties --> go to shortcut tab and then look in the "target" box. Mines looks like this:

"C:GamesSteamSteamAppscommonfallout new vegasfnv4gb.exe"

Edit that line, at the end put a space and then "-nvse_loader.exe" without quotes at the end of the last line of text in the target field.

Now it should look like this:

"C:GamesSteamSteamAppscommonfallout new vegasfnv4gb.exe" -nvse_loader.exe

Save and close...launch through the fn4gb shorcut on your desktop.

Ingame open the console and type: getNVSEversion

it should return: NVSE v.1

p.s. You're welcome.

This post was edited by streetstar5 at 08:45, 6 November 2010

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:pirate: Arrr! Those pirates are foiled again!

Actually... I'd probably better not talk about this...

Actually a friend of mine messaged me, if you move the New Vegas folder from where ever it is to the Common folder in steam and load it it will run NVSE.

Yep...

totally gonna throw off those pirates...

:no:

im having trouble getting this to work, i used it in FO3 and it worked perfectly right away, but now it doesnt seem to work in NV for me.

i put the files into the fallout new vegas directory (not data) and i made sure the community setting thing was checked in the options, but i go in game and test it with the console and it says not found instead of "version 1". i noticed on the NVSE page it says something about the beta version of steam? steam has been out for years...what beta version are they talking about?

steam is set to auto update for me, but i just restarted it, relaunch new vegas, and it worked. so for some reason the game never updated on its own

I am sure I am completely updated with Steam, selected the in game option, and(I believe) I have copied the necessary NVSE files into my Fallout New Vegas directory and still cannot get NVSE to activate, although the game will load fine with the NVSE loader.

Maybe it's just me, but while it does work when it successfully loads, sometimes it causes the Launcher to crash, so the start up is a little flimsy right now for me.

Is anyone having problems where it crashes the launcher at first, then loads perfectly afterward?

NVSE v1 beta 2 is now available!

New functionality:

• SetArmorAR
  • UI Functions (Get/SetUIFloat, GetUIString)
  • GetCrosshairRef
  • GetGameRestarted/Loaded
  • con_ToggleMenus, con_ToggleFreeCamera, con_ToggleCollision
  • GetWeaponItemMod - format: optionalRef.GetWeaponItemMod int:whichMod (1-3) optionalForm
  • Mod functions (IsModLoaded, GetModIndex, GetNumLoadedMods, GetSourceModIndex)
  • GetDebugSelection
  • Get/SetArmorDT - gets/sets a float

Cipscis