Skyrim Information

Zaldir

im wondering if the textures are gonna be anything like quarls texture package... and they should elaborate how we are gonna get around in this huge mountains world, since i suspect horses would be useless going up a huge mountain. any suggestions? maybe ships in the sky would be nice. bicycles?

Mountains aren't completely vertical. You can traverse then on horse nearly as well as on foot I'd assume, as long as you stay away from jagged rocks on the ground. There will no doubt be a point in which you'd have to dismount if you're going into a dungeon or a place of the likes. There are also "natural paths" on mountains usually. I used to live in the mountains (North Carolina, US).

oh yeah what part? i live in the mtns of north carolina right now.. for the last three years lol

I lived near Shelby in my early teens. My mom loved adventure, a little too much for the typical person though. Lived in Raleigh, Durham, and finally Shelby before coming back to Florida. Moved to Shelby for the hot springs, but mostly because mom wanted to live in the mountains for once.

You haven't gotten out and about round the mountains in the three years you've been there? I'd advise you bring water and not to stray to far from your car... we had the water.

Other than that, I've watched the video so many times now! I hope they release videos demonstrating the more already set facets of the game....

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some have said that the pathing on that wolf looked a bit naff but I thought its actual animations looked quite fluid.

To me it looks more like the AI of the wolf makes him run like that to try to avoid the arrows...,it is much more realistic then having ennemys/beast simply run straitgh at you.

Also did anyone notice the way the character triggered his fire aoe at 1:36?,by punching the floor!!!,finished the time of the shaby and moronic casting animations!!

Man this game will be a lot of plaisure(and pain) for the modders who likes to makes neat animations!

Also the way PNJ's interact with the environment,...at 1:28 you see in the rigth of the screen the old lady actually leaning against the wood fence,you see men duck and grab stuff thats on the ground...

Also the smoke /snow/water particles effects are really good,you see the waterfalls your like "woah...",and also the passage with the wolf,you actually see a dust trail after he walks in the dirt!!

Also at 1:40 when the char takes up his weapons,its so natural and fluid!,and the effects of that "Spirit" thing!!

Also,we only see like 2-3 cities,but you immiaditly see that those are not taken in the same cities!!,their architecture are really different!

Again at 1:28 the soldier/guard who comes your way,you actually see his sword in the scabbard wobbling against his hips when he walks...

Plus the NPJ's semmes to have different kinds of walks,not anymore of that one and only walk pattern!!

Man this video gives out so much detailes on the quality of this game its astoundishing!!

I'm in the process of creating a bunch of stills from the video and attaching it to the trailer page.

That way, if you guys want to talk about something specific with a visual representation, you can do so like this (be sure to use the spoiler tag because the images are HD:

Running Scene

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/images/37291-2-1298592677.jpg

EDIT: Done. 70 Key images from the trailer is now uploaded.

Got in finally. Most of the video looks gorgeous, though a it did raise a couple questions for me:

1) In the video I saw a miner shatter a piece of stone, which is pretty cool, but how does this work over time? Is he gonna be mining in the same place all day errday? Or is he eventually gonna mine a giant cavern?

2) We also got to see a couple assassinations. In past games you could pick someone off from afar (or even up close if you're sneaky enough), and your victims buddies would hardly react if they didn't detect you. In Oblivion they'd walk over, look at the corpse, and mutter a couple things. Then they walked back to their place -- providing a perfect opportunity for you to pick them off. This also raises the question of NPC behavior towards corpses in general. The people of the Imperial City seemed pretty cool with it when they found a corpse in their streets.

3) Not really a question, but the running water looks terrible.

Most of these are just small things, but they can be immersion breakers if/when you notice them. All in all, though, it looks amazing! Can't wait to kill me some dragons. :devil:

Got in finally. Most of the video looks gorgeous, though a it did raise a couple questions for me:

1) In the video I saw a miner shatter a piece of stone, which is pretty cool, but how does this work over time? Is he gonna be mining in the same place all day errday? Or is he eventually gonna mine a giant cavern?

2) We also got to see a couple assassinations. In past games you could pick someone off from afar (or even up close if you're sneaky enough), and your victims buddies would hardly react if they didn't detect you. In Oblivion they'd walk over, look at the corpse, and mutter a couple things. Then they walked back to their place -- providing a perfect opportunity for you to pick them off. This also raises the question of NPC behavior towards corpses in general. The people of the Imperial City seemed pretty cool with it when they found a corpse in their streets.

3) Not really a question, but the running water looks terrible.

Most of these are just small things, but they can be immersion breakers if/when you notice them. All in all, though, it looks amazing! Can't wait to kill me some dragons. :devil:

hey hey heyyy take it easy with the terrible. No I'm joking the running water looks less than desirable but at least there IS running water instead of stagnant rivers all around you.

The running water looks much better in the cave scenes. Take a closer look. I think this must be something they are still working on.

Also you will notice the wolf only moves to the side when the arrows starts to pull. His AI probably told him to get out of the way!

Thanks to LHammonds' screen shots, we can see a whole new level of detail from the trailer. And I have to say that what I am seeing is whole new levels of detail.

In every shot, in every aspect, the level of detail is simply astounding. Oh, and did I mention the level of detail?

Our modding community is highly skilled, talented and dedicated, but it's going to take some doing to top what comes in the box, I think.