⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Lucky Bobby Pin (In Memory of Sarah)

KwiliBadness

Hi everyone,

I have a request, that I hope is taken into consideration.

I have been playing Fallout lately, and enjoying the mods quite a bit. As of yesterday, I received devastating news about a car accident involving a good friend and coworker, Sarah. She was a passenger in her boyfriend's car heading to Nashville, in which he was driving at extremely reckless speeds. They hit a rock wall and flipped the car. She didn't make it off of the interstate that day.

She was a beautiful human being.

The last thing she gave me was a set of bobby pins because my hair had been a crazy fro that day. We were working and she doesn't even hesitate to go to her car and dig, for over 20 minutes, looking for some bobby pins. We laughed about it, but as I keep looking at the one bobby pin I have left, I realize how much time I had taken for granted. I would do anything to take it back.

I would simply like an item to be added into the game, a single bobby pin. A lucky bobby pin. I currently have a mod that adds a "multi-tool" to the game like the old Fallouts that gives a boost in Repair. I have also seen a mod that changes the lighter received in Boulder City to a "lucky lighter," and I was hoping this one could be done the same way. Just a world item, that can add luck and collect lent in your pocket. That's what mine does.

I would like for it to be placed on the counter in the Gibson Scrap Yard building. We work at O'Reilly's, and at the counter is where she gave it to me. The Scrap Yard seems most practical when compared to our job. Lots of grease and dirty things.

I would be willing to donate, if the option is available. This would make my gaming experience a lot closer to heart, and I know that many of you would think "why would I care?" It's just something that I would love to see, and it would make me happy. Please.

Rest in Peace, Sarah.

You will be missed.

Thank you Jokerine! The multitool is your mod. I use most of yours, really nice work by the way. :)

This is perfect! It's just what I was hoping for, and it matches the real one. I also want to thank you for the candle and flowers, they add a nice touch and are perfect for the occasion. This is great! It makes me smile, and that's something I'm in need of right now. It's something positive to throw off the stirring negativity I'm not used to.

I'm glad to see you working on mods for this game, despite it's age. I'm a huge fan of Fallout, and it's going to be quite some time before it gets too old to play.

I really appreciate you taking the time to do this, the whole idea of it may seem lame but it holds a ton of sentimental value to me. It's a reminder that she would give you the clothes off of her back if you asked for them, and that's what I like to remember. I hope others will use it in the future, for whatever reason.

I can't thank you enough for this, but I will. Thanks again! And thank you everyone for the condolences, you guys are great! :)