Texture location?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you asked on the official witcher 3 forums? Maybe a cd projekt red member will answer you that.

I have not as they currently do not have a modding subforum and I felt the topic was rather offtopic for the other forums.

Most of the textures are in the textures.cache files, with one in each of the content folders. I've extracted them using these Lua scripts: https://github.com/hhrhhr/Lua-utils-for-Witcher-3

You may have to compile the necessary Lua libraries. It's a pain to setup, but the scripts are easy to use once Lua is set up properly.

EDIT:

When the textures are extracted, they are named with hashes in place of slashes to indicate the folder structure, like:

#environment#landscape#mudbank.dds

I'm guessing that there will be an override folder, and modded textures placed in the correct subfolders will be loaded in favour of the ones in the texture.cache file. Just like the way BSAs are overridden in Skyrim. I believe that in Witcher 2 the override folder was named 'CookedPC' , and I'm going to experiment to see if this is still the case.

Edited by MontyModMonster

Thanks a lot! Keep us updated!

Well, without much coding knowledge nor understanding the language, it's very hard to know what to do. Would you mind explaining how you got the textures in detail?

Edited by luddemann

Most of the textures are in the textures.cache files, with one in each of the content folders. I've extracted them using these Lua scripts: https://github.com/hhrhhr/Lua-utils-for-Witcher-3

You may have to compile the necessary Lua libraries. It's a pain to setup, but the scripts are easy to use once Lua is set up properly.

EDIT:

When the textures are extracted, they are named with hashes in place of slashes to indicate the folder structure, like:

#environment#landscape#mudbank.dds

I'm guessing that there will be an override folder, and modded textures placed in the correct subfolders will be loaded in favour of the ones in the texture.cache file. Just like the way BSAs are overridden in Skyrim. I believe that in Witcher 2 the override folder was named 'CookedPC' , and I'm going to experiment to see if this is still the case.

Youre doing Gods work.