Texture location?

Yeah CD seems to be pretty upfront with their products and intouch with the fanbase. I hope I'm just being cyincal and they help us out even before the Kits release.

Regardless though, you have already done some awesome work for the community at large Monty, props to you. So has BicameralAnt for that matter, it's guys like you two that make modding what it is and makes me want to mod just to give back.

Take care,

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone with an account on Twitter tweet @ubermlin to see if he can get an answer from the devs. He seems to be the communications guy and looks to post quite regular.

Hehe Monty, this reminds me of the end of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. I am sure you will make it and not get your head chopped off though of course! :wink:

Also:

@MichalStec - Art Producer

@stan_just - Art Producer

@michaltoja - Senior Art Producer

All very active.

Edited by SparrowPrince

My god that thread is just gross. Lots of people just saying "Do it yourself!" and people swearing at each other. I would just give up there. It is Monday as of this post, so I assume the developers may be back on the job and will perhaps find time for an answer on Twitter this week. It is insane they say they are supporting modding, but there is no information anywhere for the most basic of things. If it was me I would release some basic extraction and packing software at the very least. Perhaps they are waiting for their kit to release which does all this kind of stuff too (and no I am not saying Bethesda were any different)?

The thread I posted was merged with the general modding one. Bit disappointed, to be honest - things quickly get buried beneath a whole lot of inane comments there.

I'm sure they're very busy simply patching things right now. I'm not expecting any tools this early, or at all - and I suspect we'll have to wait quite a while for the REDKit. Like you hinted at, the official kit will probably be the be-all and end-all as far as their support goes.

That said, some basic information would be appreciated. Maybe some hints and nudges to facilitate the development of our own tools. A comment on an override structure. Stuff like that. A tiny bit of transparency and encouragement.

They have delayed it twice now and the game is still pretty broken in certain areas, especially with performance on consoles. That has created an influx and people coming to that forum to rant and call out the developers. They can do a great job (Witcher 2 port on a frickin' 360) but I guess they could not delay it anymore. I suppose without all this patching they could have put their efforts into helping the modding community and whatever. I guess it is their fault for having a 'patch later' attitude like nearly all developers today. I really don't like that trend, although it cannot be helped sometimes with deadlines - which I understand.

Please do say if you manage to get anything worthy from them. I don't even have the game (will wait for GOTY as usual) but it is nice seeing you all helping each other out and me doing some art through Monty that will hopefully go into the game at some point. :smile:

Edited by SparrowPrince

I would just contact them directly via Twitter. You need to put @*insertname* followed by your message. Lots of people messaging them will be better than one person obviously. A hashtag is only useful if you have hundreds of people doing it and it is usually just for noise. If you follow them and they follow you back you can send them private messages. I only had an account for two weeks and got fed up of it. I can't even remember my password or name.

Another solution would be to search their artists' names (easily found on Twitter or the credits) and they will most likely have a site with their work and contact emails. I could possibly have a look there.