Texture location?

This is great work! Got my hands on a couple of them, but I wonder if it is possible to download everything in one bundle? And it should be quite easy to run some scripts and place them into correct folders and give them proper names. I don't know how to do this though.

Edit: everything might be a little too big download. I would like to only get all geralts armor files and maybe all actors as well.

Edited by luddemann

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Monty - That's what I've noticed as well...it almost feels as if they do not want us messing around inside these files...of course, that's part of the fun of it all. :-) Thanks.

Take care,

I noticed that many of the .png files you may be looking for are amongst the extracted files I posted. However, the extraction script has converted them into .dds files. They can still be opened if you have a package that can deal with dds files. They might be of interest.

Ok, cool. I'll give em a look see...great work on this Monty, nice job.

Take care,

I've made a few more discoveries. It seems that QuickBMS is capable of putting edited textures back into the cache files, provided they are no larger than the originals. The format of the textures used in the cache archive is DDS, but with the headers stripped out. So, the process seems to be that we edit the extracted dds files, then strip out the hex headers, then use QuickBMS to merge them back into the cache, much like with the .bundle files. Haven't figured out how to make it work just yet.

Im at 26% an it has been running for 5 hours. I think you should split it up. Anyway, now we should find the models! :smile:

Yes, there's about 13gb of it, and it's a very early dump of unsorted files. I didn't really upload it in a way that's convenient for downloading the whole thing, it's more so that people can have a browse. It's not a great experience, because Mega doesn't seem to handle large folders very well.

Also, because the scripts are targeting .dds textures, in some cases they have extracted other file formats (which may include models), slapped a DDS header on them, and renamed them to .dds. These may be fixable. These have the original extension as part of their name, like image.png.dds.

At the moment, I'm focussing on figuring out how to get the textures back into the game after we've modded them. In time, I'll upload a better version of the dump, organised into the proper folders, and perhaps split into zip archives for easier downloading.

Edited by MontyModMonster

That's a good idea. The override folder is the Holy Grail at this point. Hacking the textures back into the cache is far from ideal, if it will work at all. If we had the override, we could do a ton of great modding without the Redkit. We could really do with raising the profile of the question, to get their attention.

Indeed, it'd be interesting to find out if there's an override folder or not. I wrote a very quick and dirty python script to sort the files. The Lua utils' extraction isn't flawless (seems to be a fair number of broken .png's, for instance), but there're a lot of usable resources.

EDIT:: I'd upload the sorted files, but my internet is painfully slow!

Edited by BicameralAnt