Changes to forum structure

Dark0ne

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for all the wonderful work you guys do on this site! Nexus is always filled with information and the latest mods for viewing and use if the player desires to try them out. It is your continued efforts on this web page that make the games on this site a constant source of fun and entertainment! Once again, thank you Nexus Team for a job well done!

In response to post #26349034. #26349144 is also a reply to the same post.

jim_uk wrote: It must have been a pretty sad and sorry DDoS, I didn't notice anything slowing. It's a shame about the forum, the forum side for files was good for searching mod comments when faced with a problem, preferable to wading though pages on the site itself.
Dark0ne wrote: If you visit the forum thread for the file in question then you can still search within the thread, if that's what you mean?

Yes it is, that's good news. thanks.

In response to post #26349444. #26349864 is also a reply to the same post.

M48A5 wrote:

I have read the latest notification of the changes being made to the nexus and even after re-reading it, I am still confused.

Is the thread "(Game Name) Uploaded files" being discontinued?

Having looked in Skyrim, Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas and Obilivion, the Uploaded files section is missing. That section was one that I checked religiously everyday to see if I could help someone with my limited knowledge.

If I understand your reply to Jim correctly, the only way to see if someone needs help would be to go to the individual mod page in Nexus Mods. Am I correct in this?

Dark0ne wrote: That's correct.

That's...disheartening. There are a quite a few users here who stroll through the file sections regularly looking to offer a bit of help. I've been helped by M48A5 and others in my own file threads and I've helped a number of people in other threads.
It helps take a bit of load off modders and gives users a way to give back.

Looking through the file threads to see the ones that were most recently commented on is also a great way to discover less popular mods you haven't heard of and rediscover older ones you've forgotten. Edited by bethjunkie

Personally I usually browse the old "New topics" widget that used to be on the side of the forums when I wanted to be helpful as usually they're all "HALP" threads that I can easily point in the right direction. Is this a feature that's going to be coming back or is it, like the Uploaded Files forums, now gone the way of the Dodo?

I suppose we'll find another way to offer help eventually but before then I imagine there will be a lot of floundering for answers going on.

Huh, I was already wondering about those short maintenance periods on the weekend and the loading times upon pressing the download button on mods.

Sweet digs that you started resolving those issues. Here's to hoping the servers will do well when FO4 goes live.

In response to post #26349444. #26349864, #26352839 are all replies on the same post.

M48A5 wrote:

I have read the latest notification of the changes being made to the nexus and even after re-reading it, I am still confused.

Is the thread "(Game Name) Uploaded files" being discontinued?

Having looked in Skyrim, Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas and Obilivion, the Uploaded files section is missing. That section was one that I checked religiously everyday to see if I could help someone with my limited knowledge.

If I understand your reply to Jim correctly, the only way to see if someone needs help would be to go to the individual mod page in Nexus Mods. Am I correct in this?

Dark0ne wrote: That's correct.
bethjunkie wrote: That's...disheartening. There are a quite a few users here who stroll through the file sections regularly looking to offer a bit of help. I've been helped by M48A5 and others in my own file threads and I've helped a number of people in other threads.
It helps take a bit of load off modders and gives users a way to give back.

Looking through the file threads to see the ones that were most recently commented on is also a great way to discover less popular mods you haven't heard of and rediscover older ones you've forgotten.

I'm with bethjunkie. The now-deleted sections on the New Vegas forum (Uploaded Files and Uploaded Images primarily) were how I and a lot of people kept track of our work, responded to issues/rants, kept up on various stories on the imageshare, and once in a while found something interesting to check out in the process (seriously, I stumbled across half my current mod list just scrolling thru the forums).

Don't get me wrong, I understand why you did it (I've got a -little- bit of experience with forum/server upkeep), but IMHO it still f*#@in' sucks. Is there any chance of the UF/UI sections coming back?

While I can see the need for the change, I am a little disheartened that it had to take place, using the 'Content I Follow' section of the forum was by far the easiest way to manage content on disparate mod pages for content related to my area of attention.

Can I assume then that the forum UI will likewise drop the links in the drop down menu beside each username? I initially load the Nexus forum with the 'My Content' page loaded and I was amazed to find it blank, save for a couple of obscure and old listings, but the actually page still showing the number of 'Topics & posts' I follow and the pages that it takes up in 'My Content'. This same blank set with remnants of totals applies to the 'posts' & 'topics' selections.

At any rate I thank you for your continued attention to the condition of the Nexus and not sitting back on your laurels.

With the onset of great new games in the near future let's hope Nexus continues to stand its ground.