• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Elsarian

Elsarian

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 727 posts
Does anyone know if Skyrim will end after the main quest line, or will it be free-play?

Shugozen

Shugozen

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I'm guessing by every other elder scrolls game that the main quest is really just something to do in Skyrim. 99.9% certain there will be free-play before, during and after completion of the main quest.

Pronam

Pronam

• Premium Member
  • 4,062 posts
That's a toughy. The latest elder scrolls games have show not to, so they might pass that on. I wouldn't mind if it's easily to change though, either via a mod or DLC. Some will shout at it, but if it means Skyrim will have a better ending like with fallout, I wouldn't mind. Again it's ES, so it's less likely than with the fallout games, which was targeted at shooter fans that are less used to open end gaming.

Elsarian

Elsarian

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 727 posts
Thank you very much guys!! The ending of Fallout greatly disappointed me! Especially since I went into the Fallout series right after I was leaving Oblivion, so I was expecting free play you know?

But thanks everyone for your feed back. I can not wait for the release of Skyrim in 11-11-11!!!!!!!!!

-Elsarian

Zaldiir

Zaldiir

Hero of Kvatch

• Staff
  • 5,784 posts
I think it has been confirmed by Todd that you can continue after the main quest.
*Think* - Filtering real things and rumors is getting tougher and tougher for me^^

csgators

csgators

Lurking Reptile

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,060 posts

I think it has been confirmed by Todd that you can continue after the main quest.
*Think* - Filtering real things and rumors is getting tougher and tougher for me^^

That's what I heard him say as well. I believe he said something about learning their lesson after FO3.

LHammonds

LHammonds

Ghost in da Machine

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,318 posts
I can say with absolute certainty that this particular knowledge is unbeknownst to me.

XC00P3RX

XC00P3RX

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
I don't think they learned their lesson . . . look at New Vegas, it has a definitive end as well. I do hope that Skyrim doesn't have this type of ending, though. Here's to murdering the denizens of the forest long after the game ends!

EDIT: Please excuse my ignorance. I didn't realize New Vegas was developed by someone else, heh heh.

Edited by XC00P3RX, 09 March 2011 - 09:47 PM.

ita

ita

Faithful poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,356 posts
Well, New Vegas was developed by Obsidian Entertainment, Inc., a game studio that never had anything to do with the TES games. Sure, we can't be certain that Skyrim won't end after the main quest is finished, but Morrowind and Oblivion did not and I for one fail to see a reason why Skyrim should.

AurianaValoria1

AurianaValoria1

Nerevarine, Bladesmaiden, and Dragon Lady

• Premium Member
  • 21,771 posts
I think you'll be able to continue playing after the main quest. Like GenocideLolita, I can't see any reason why they wouldn't let you do so, especially since Morrowind and Oblivion were both that way. There may even be special options in faction quests if you do them after you complete the main quest, kind of like they did in Morrowind (Tribunal Temple recognizing you as Nerevarine, Imperial Cult acknowledging encounter with Wulf, etc).

Edited by AurianaValoria1, 08 March 2011 - 11:21 PM.

Page loaded in: 1.109 seconds