Problems loading the Unofficial skyrim Patch.

johnybgood60

I have Nexus mod manager loaded and signed in. I downloaded the Unofficial skyrim, dawnguard, dragonborn and hearthfire patch mods. All downloaded to the manager correctly and fully. All my plugins are in the suggested correct order. However whilst Dawnguard, Dragonborn and Hearthfire all activated correctly, the initial Unofficial skyrim patch fails to activate, with this message :- A problem has occurred during install: Exception of type System.OutOfMemoryException" was thrown. The mod was not installed.

I will add nexus mod manager is run as administrator.

Can anyone give me a clue as to how I can overcome this problem?

I've always installed all the patches manually and never had that error happen to me so try manually installing the patch as dragonvale suggested, also, your files should be in this order with no exceptions as it is the correct order for the first 9 files of your load order, below:

http://snag.gy/kO6gh.jpg

Out of desperation, I have done a complete clean install of windows 7 (32bit) I have 3 gb of ram. reinstalled steam and skyrim, including verifying files. I then added NMM and set that to administrator, and logged in. I then tried to add, then activate the unofficial skyrim patch. It downloads completely, but when I try and activate it I get the same message as follows.

http://prntscr.com/8eguyf

Again, I attempted to do the same manually, but the same happens.

I'm at a total loss because I can download any other and it works no problem, example, world map, dawnguard, dragonborn and hearthfire.

I will add that it all used to work prior to me loading ESO. I've spent two days trying to solve the issue, and hence why I did a complete clean install.

Edited by johnybgood60

I totally disagree with that. This is my friend that is having the problem. We both decided to come back to skyrim on the same day. Game is working fine on my 32-bit system, and as his computer is the same as it was when he last played the game, can't see why it shouldn't still work. It is so tiresome when no matter what happens it is always blamed on a 32-bit system

Edited by Peanut1944

Since both NMM and manually installations seems don't give results, and you've already downloaded all unofficial patches, try to install them with Mod Organizer.

Have you tried to check the plugin through the Skyrim launcher ?

Download USKP manually. Put the archive in your Steam\Steam Apps\Common\Skyrim\Data folder. Unpack the archive there. USKP is too big to install with NMM if you have a 32-bit system. I have to install that one manually, although I can use NMM to install the DLC patches. Open NMM and make sure that USKP is in the correct place in your load order, which is just below Update.esm. Everything should then work properly. Please note that there are no ingame messages about the patches being loaded or anything like that. But, If they are in the Data folder, they will load.

I totally disagree with that. This is my friend that is having the problem. We both decided to come back to skyrim on the same day. Game is working fine on my 32-bit system, and as his computer is the same as it was when he last played the game, can't see why it shouldn't still work. It is so tiresome when no matter what happens it is always blamed on a 32-bit system

The issue is how much of that 32-bit address space is already used by the operating system, standard services, helper apps, and misc. junk that most computer vendors install by default plus anything else that's been added. My guess would be your friend has a few more "update" and "helper" programs installed now. If you're going to be running a 32-bit OS it's critical that you limit those helper services and auto-start programs so that you have memory available for things that really matter.

Actually, the issue here is with NMM and the way it handles very large mod files, which is why the manual installation works just fine. Frankly, USKP is the only mod I've run into that gives me this issue, and other people have reported this problem with 32-bit NMM and USKP.