Fallout 4 1.3 Update Now Official!

SirSalami

I found that uninstalling and reinstalling helped, checking game cache. If you think it could be a mod unplug them. Plug them back in a couple at a time. You will find the culprit, either leave it unplugged or delete the mod entirely. As it stands I will not download any more mods until the geck is released. I'm hoping that modders will do what Bethesda didn't. Make a boring game interesting.

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the level-up ctd issue after this patch. Uninstalled all mods, but the issue still occurred. I did a clean install of the game, updated it back to 1.2, and the game works fine with mods again. :/ A shame since I enjoyed being able to see what settlers were assigned to with ease.

In response to post #34107225. #34110340, #34110380, #34113860, #34117570, #34123370, #34125160, #34131120, #34131270, #34135235, #34137910, #34140375, #34141120, #34142055, #34142205, #34151095, #34157415, #34157515, #34164850, #34178175, #34227705, #34232250, #34233030, #34235430, #34239535 are all replies on the same post.

Augusta Calidia wrote: In the past I waited at least a year before buying and playing a Bethesda RPG. This time I did not. I decided I would suffer with everyone else. I waited a month after Fallout 4 came out and then took the plunge.

The result? Fallout 4 has turned out to be the most stable Bethesda game I have ever played. I have logged almost 200 hours of game play, and I have not experienced one single CTD. I have 32 mods installed via NMM, organize with LOOT, launch with F4SE, and run the game with ultra settings. I installed the beta patch (now out of beta) when it was first made available. The patch improved game play and graphics and was never a problem.

Thank you, Bethesda, for such a stable and fun game.
Roguer wrote: You are either very lucky, or very untruthful.
printerkop wrote: Very lucky for sure..
spanian77 wrote: No guys, he just being careful of what he installs (mods), at least that's what I do and to all of my experience with game ( bought 10 days after it's release) I've CTD two times (random).
So yeah, I believe him.
defectiv wrote: Same here, did have a two CDT's after the patch but uninstalled a few mods I barely used/ wouldn't mind missing, and removed/rebuild the ini's (apart from custom) and have not seen any CTD after it. Still 54 .esp mods installed (incl. several that add items to build menu and many texture mods) and an unknown amount of non-esp mods.

No idea what mod caused it, or what ini setting. But have leveled twice, have built stuff in settlements, have seen a fair bit of combat and no CDT's all evening.

CTD's since release are minimal and up till now 100% linked to freshly installed mods, CTD's that vanished right after removing said mods.
arroya wrote: Name some of the mods you removed please I may have some
Vashdakkari wrote: I've got to jump on the stability train too, F4 has been rock solid for me, and I've been playing since day one. It's possible that maybe it's CTD'd once or twice in my 243 hours of play, but those have been exceptions so infrequent that I can't honestly remember if it's happened or not.

That's not to say i haven't crashed due to mods, cause Lord knows I've crashed repeatedly to mods. But once i get the mod sorted (sometimes deleted), or the nif corrected, it's been bubblegum and lollipops. My only complaint is how the load time goes up when you have more mods installed. Hopefully the patch fixes some of that, but i can't blame the game for mods slowing my load times, because without mods the game loads rather quick.
Cambrin12 wrote: There's a good chance he's not BS-ing, I have a couple hundred hours in it and have never had a CTD that wasn't related to a mod, and once I fixed my 1.3 by disabling the gore overhaul mod it works wonders, I don't get fps drops in the city anymore and the new HBAO+ is a dream come true, the PhysX is cool I guess but I don't even notice it most of the time.
sydney666 wrote: Why would he be lying?

I mean he totally could be, but people usually post to report a problem or to complain. Posts to actually praise something are rare. So maybe we should just trust it? I want to backup his claims.

I have 184 mods installed, run every 4k texture I can find - 4k helps immensely on a 55'' Low latency Sony TV (17ms) - as seen below;

http://www.displaylag.com/display-database/

When I first installed this latest patch I got a tonne of CTD's - my first ever with Fallout 4. It soon was discovered that Gore Overhaul was to blame.

Prior to patch, on everything Ultra I would average about 50fps with a i7 2600k @ 5.0gz, 16gb ram and a GTX980 (Gigabyte G1) - and low fps was around 35-40fps. I had to play with Shadow quality and distance medium and god rays to high to get a smooth 60fps with lowest fps of 58.

I now play with everything ultra, even the new ambient occlusion and particle effects on ultra and I get 60fps everywhere. I also removed a lot of the old tweaks from my ini files as I feel they were not needed anymore (such as texture loading edits etc). My loading times have improved, albeit by not much - but on average by about 5 to 7 seconds.

To get the most out of your game I would recommend using vanilla ini files with the new patch and then only edit things you need (fov, camera edits etc) and completely avoid performance ini changes. Don't do the texture load edits, don't add edits to use all threads or thread the different components of the engine. Avoid increasing gridstoload, grass distance, view distances past ultra.

Don't touch things like bforcesmoothness (which has NOTHING to do with your mouse)...also be careful using things like the Geforce guide to tweaking FO4, as while most of the edits there each only consume 1-5 frames per second, eventually the 8-9 edits they recommend eat up 10-20 fps! The guys who make those tweaks have a gtx980ti as their reference guide - so be wary.

These edits will only slow down your game - trust me!

I wish the best of luck to the rest of you - happy gaming!

Regards,

Tony

P.S If you guys have a Nvidia card, try changing max pre rendered frames to 1 and see if that improves any fps, or try a lower setting like 4. Lower settings will help remove stutters but increase input lag.

Another neat trick that increased some fps for me and eliminated stuttering was playing in fullscreen windowed mode.

Lastly, try to untick motion blur and see if that helps or not.

Take care all!
MrVein wrote: joining the stability train here too, had a bunch of CTDs in the very beginning of the game (bought at release date), had a problem with starting the game with skype running, changed to windowed borderless and that was fixed. running game on ultra only downside is that the framerate can drop down from time to time, especially in the city on high buildings. these days i dont have many crashes, played well over 300hours, maybe even 400 i dont wanna look it up really..
Ludaus wrote: I've had some random CTDs but nothing else.
Nothing changed after adding mods.
mao_kihan wrote: One more for stability. Over 400 hours logged and only 2 ctds so far, and one was a confirmed mod conflict.
stabcops wrote: I have 128 esps right now and I never get CTD. Modders know what they are doing a lot better than before also.
thunderlord2200 wrote: i dont use gore what so ever all i know is i cant find what is causing me game to crash, theres alot of edits in the ini i need to run mods. (they said to add the lines them selfs.) i dont do the old way with the ini anymore..
bszylard wrote: I completely agree... Read my very similar post from a few days ago :)
http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/3746860-reasons-i-love-fallout4/
Ravenring wrote: I have 105 mods in my game and one mod problems after patch.yesterday i play 6-7 hours with new patch my game no crash.delete gore overhaul after patch my runs stable a little better after patch.A little thank you Bethesda,the patch was not the horror for my gameplay:)
Vanlococo wrote: Same here, 80 mods active, many texture packs, and not a single CTD in 160 hours !
Game handles borderlessFullscreen and alt-tab without any issues.

PC : i5 4670k + AMD 7970. B)
paochiz wrote: It's a personal look.
Sure there are, like me, tons ofpeople that get a crash at LEVEL UP.
Try to level up, than speack plz
majordespair wrote: before patch my game as very stable with about 80 mods installed with enb and max setting... no ctd after hours of gameplay, but after patching to 1.3 I couldn't even get to the title screen... after some fiddling I found the culprit was my custom.ini file, game just would not load with it , I removed it and also got new ini's generated... which I noticed had already been enabled for mods ... game runs fine again now... on a gtx 970 16 gig ram, i5 4gig cpu
Bottletopman wrote: I've only had a couple CTDs but considering how long I've been playing the game for already that is a far cry to the crashfest that was the Gamebryo Fallouts
Valkirth wrote: yeah im careful as well after past beth games and so far no ctds and no issues yet (unless one of beth's patches breaks that :P *touch wood*)
kebrus wrote: I'm with you, 55 active mods, everything has been smooth, I did however encounter a few bugs here and there, but nothing major, I actually got that warp bug they talk in the changelog once. I got about 2 crashes, but not to desktop, it was overheating issues. I do however have a persistent CTD bug from badly managing mods, basically I have a scrappable item from a mod that was changed or doesn't exist anymore and if I try to scrap it it CTD. So yeah, my fault on that one. And to be fair I don't remember patches giving extra high-end graphical options before.
Kalell wrote: I only have a few mods installed (I can't be exact because I don't use a mod manager), but I've played for 422 hours and not had a CTD yet.
JimmyRJump wrote: I can vouch for the stability. First play-through took me just above 410 hours of gameplay without a single CTD (no mods installed).

Am now at 512 hrs, 47mins into my second run with 62 mods installed, mostly graphics enhancing and settlement add-ons and experience the occasional CTD; the latter mostly due to a QWERTY to AZERTY conversion script in AKH (needed it because when attributing the "Z" and "Q" keys for respectively forward and left-strafing, I was only able to go backwards and to the right when in building mode).

Not a big deal as I quicksave a lot. So, yeah, I'm happy with how the game runs smoothly :)
Eruadur wrote: Not that many mods installed, but ever since I installed the game it was pretty much smooth sailing from the start. Having over 250hrs on the clock and only a few minor bugs, that's all.

Installed this update : no problems at all...

Using True Storms, Darker Nights, Fr4nsson's Light Tweaks, Improved Map with Visible Roads, Full Dialogue Interface, My HUD, Radiant Clouds and Fogs, WET, Interiors Enhanced, and the three Vivid textures mods..

So yeah, stable game so far, happy with the update.

EDIT : did lvl up, also no problems... People with lvl up crashes should really check their mods

I only experience instability when I have SLI turned on for this game. For some reason, the game starts cooking both cards, whereas one card alone runs sufficiently cool. Only skyrim and fallout 4's engine do this. Otherwise, rock stable.

In response to post #34256735.

Bernt wrote: I DID get CTDs when starting the game after getting this patch pushed down my throat. I solved it by unchecking all mods and then recheking 10 at a time. Cleaned up my m loadorder in the process so I don't really know which mod was the culprit here.
One thing though - it seems to me that the gunshots sounds much more lame than they did before. Rifles, handguns - the lot! Anyone else noticed thsi?

ya

Guys if anyone is having a ctd five seconds after loading a save after this patch was installed, just delete the INI files and let them be replaced with new ones when the game starts, then edit the prefs one for mods but not the custom INI. file. Delete the custom one if it appears. No ctd and mods stil work for me least.

A number of hot keys are disabled and bindings gone after this patch. For example, in workshop placement of a new object, the "F" which rotates objects -- say a bed your trying to squeeze into a shack -- no longer works. "At least do no harm."

No problems with CTD that others noticed. FO4 is sooo much better tha FNV in that respect.

1.3 just doesn't work for me, mods or not. I've tried every fix going, and nothing seems to work.

Luckily I found a way to roll back to an earlier version, so now I can finally play again.

As far as I'm aware, Bethesda have still yet to make any acknowledgement of all the issues this patch has caused for many of us, a week after it's release (and forced installation, thanks Steam).

Hopefully we'll get a patch that actually works before we see any DLC, or it's bye-bye Bethesda games for me.

Here's a link to un-patch your game:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/377160/discussions/0/412446292757672641/

Edited by mutieblaster

There don't seem to be a lot of people experiencing issues out of the total number of people playing. Of those, most have used or use mods so.. they have no right to blame the game for issues introduced via using mods made with plenty of the game references undecoded. So yea. Also remember, using DLC or mods with outdated versions of the game won't really be a thing.