Elder Scrolls 6: Argonia ?

Moksha8088

Which ever map Bethesda does, I think it would be everyone's benefit to expand the next ES game to all the realms in Tamriel.

Stop. Please stop.

If you want bland maps and short, lacking quests and shallow overall. Why not?

A small map that is dense, detailed and rich is better than a big one one that lacks that.

It would need countless years, 100x the man power (beth team is tiny.) a lot of cash if you want the map. It just a bad idea in all ways.

Remember the leaks from fallout 4 a while before it was released? They turned out to be mostly true so I wouldn't be surprised if some of this stuff is true. Expect every ES game to be just as annoying as F4 now with smaller story, smaller world map and fewer quests. This company is gearing up to just crank out games and make money! Their fascination with COD money will be the downfall of open world games. What other companies could be compared to beth? What other games could come close to skyrim and other ES series games with very similar open world gameplay and inventory options and other stuff?

Remember the leaks from fallout 4 a while before it was released? They turned out to be mostly true so I wouldn't be surprised if some of this stuff is true. Expect every ES game to be just as annoying as F4 now with smaller story, smaller world map and fewer quests. This company is gearing up to just crank out games and make money! Their fascination with COD money will be the downfall of open world games. What other companies could be compared to beth? What other games could come close to skyrim and other ES series games with very similar open world gameplay and inventory options and other stuff?

Fallout maps are always smaller than TES, same for oblivion and fallout 3. The lead world builder is not the same after all.

Fallout 3 was after oblivion and it was the same, less places, less quests, less npcs. This is nothing odd no need to worry.

Fallout 4 map, while small, has a lot of location variety, While skyrim makes you fight in tombs, fort and caves 80% of the times, fallout 4 has gas stations, houses, offices, factories, roofs of submerged houses, train stations, subways and a lot more, and each is very detailed with much better lighting with way more density.

Fallout 4 also has better followers and it few good side quests are much more fun than pretty much 90% of Skyrim side quests.

dragonslayer2k12 : the Witcher?

Can you forget that you are a monster hunter and became a pickpocket?

Edited by Boombro

I hope there is a suitable spell to build dungeons if the Bethesda marketing research team finds young console players would like to build dungeons. Finding such a spell tome would make an excellent quest mod for the Nexus modding community to develop for the PC players of Argonia/Atmora/Canada (much like Skyrim but largely inhabited by Canadians rather than Nords).

I hope there is a suitable spell to build dungeons if the Bethesda marketing research team finds young console players would like to build dungeons. Finding such a spell tome would make an excellent quest mod for the Nexus modding community to develop for the PC players of Argonia/Atmora/Canada (much like Skyrim but largely inhabited by Canadians rather than Nords).

I don't think I want to play in a dungeon made by people who know nothing about:

Navmesh, light and FX, optimization, encounters, area reset and level and much much more.

Which ever map Bethesda does, I think it would be everyone's benefit to expand the next ES game to all the realms in Tamriel. Unlike the current ESO the mmorpg version, the entire map should be playable. But to ease everyone's hardware specs and budget, picking one main story line map makes sense, but being able to play other realms like Skyrim, Hammerfell, High Rock, Valenwood, and other regions with their own quests and story line as additional DLC (preferred price tag of $10 or even less) would be worth while for both Elder Scrolls fans and game developers. For fans and gamers alike, it would be quite a unique game experience unlike any other in terms of scale and the capabilities that Bethesda can bring into their games like in game dialogs and mass side quests. For developers it would be an opportunity for more awards, higher prestige, expand their brand, make unprecedented achievements like creating the largest open world map in gaming history, and not to mention some additional income from these DLC's that would make Bethesda's work and effort even worth doing.

It would almost certainly be an unmitigated disaster. The amount of work that goes into a single province would mean that either we'd be waiting 30 years for the game, or it would be so anorexic that it would be virtually unrecognisable. Landscape diversity, characters, cultures, architecture, enemies... everything would be more and more shallow than what you'd get if all that focus was put on a single province.

Remember the leaks from fallout 4 a while before it was released? They turned out to be mostly true so I wouldn't be surprised if some of this stuff is true.

Which rumours are we talking about? The ones from 2010? 2011? 2013? There have been a LOT of rumours over the years, including that Obsidian was being given the license (gods forbid) that it was taking place in Europe, that it was going to cover all of America and so on. The rumours between E3 and the November release are something else entirely from the bulk of rumours, because the game was already 'done' and they were just bug-testing at that point.

The most reliable rumour about TES stems from the copyright of the Redguard name from 2011, which has been renewed since. However, Bethesda already HAS a game called Redguard, so it may be related to that.

Everything else is basically fantasy.

Obsidian is not really bad. They tend to give a deeper story to things. Though, that in and of itself may put some people off*. Either way, if I got it right, they did give them license to do stuff in NV. But that's basically it.

*I can think of a couple of examples.

Obsidian is not really bad. They tend to give a deeper story to things.

I actually find the opposite. Their stories are shallow and tend to be overly heavy handed. They ARE good at designing quest chains, but the stories they attach to them are dull at best, sloppy more often than not.

I've yet to play an Obsidian game that i fund to be good. Mediocrity seems to be their thing.