⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Material swap question regarding base nif

mac2636

Do the texture and or material references need to be removed from the base nif for texture swapping to work? I have everything working in game for texture swapping, but there is no apparent difference when swapping materials.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Cheers,

Edited by mac2636

example path materials\interiors\prydwen\prydwenladder.bgsm. You will want to only copy interiors\prydwen\prydwenladder.bgsm and that will be your base material. Now proceed the same for the material you want swapped in.

example path materials\interiors\prydwen\prydwenladder.bgsm. You will want to only copy interiors\prydwen\prydwenladder.bgsm and that will be your base material. Now proceed the same for the material you want swapped in.

Thank you for the quick response Ethreon. I really appreciate it.

I think I'm making what is probably an obvious and silly error somewhere. I tried to follow BigAndFlabby's material swap tutorial as closely as possible, but I just can't get the textures to change in game. I tested the file paths by editing the default bgsm to use the other textures and they show up in game during these tests. Screenshots below of how I have things set up right now. Hopefully they provide enough info.

BGSM settings and file paths

http://i68.tinypic.com/2cgy060.jpg

FO4Edit esp settings and nif settings

http://i65.tinypic.com/15fsbt.jpg

Got it fixed. Just needed to remove "materials\" in paths of both in the mswp sections

That's pretty much what I said :tongue:

Yeah. Sorry was on my phone, so I kept it short out of laziness. You were right, but at the time I wasn't sure if the "materials\" part had to be removed from both BNAM and SNAM paths.

Thanks again Eth. As always I really appreciate your help.