skyrim 32/64 bit

gunslinger32

Not necessarily. Steam, however, is a 32bit Program which is why it's in that folder. There is nothing stopping 64bit apps to run from that directory thought, nor is there anything preventing steam from installing them to there. On another note: Where did you hear that Skyrim would be 64bit? Didn't hear about this before.

Since my steam folder is c:/ /Program Files (x86) / Steam/

remember to take precautions because that is a UAC infested directory

(its a gift from Microsoft)

and it will come back to bite you like a werewolf when you start modding your games

What's uac?

Also, if my cpu is 64-bit, will it run a 64-bit application faster than a 32-bit application?

Thx.

Sometimes. 64-bit applications can be written to be more efficient and run faster. But mostly 64-bit applications just have more access to memory, and aren't limited to ~3-4 gigabytes like 32 bit applications are. So apps that often use large files (like 3d modelling, Photoshop, some databases) can take advantage of being written in 64 bit and access 8-12 gigabytes of memory.

glad I found this, had been wondering about it since fallout and oblivion had big problems in the (x86). I ran both from the base (C:) directory and they ran smooth as silk. Edited by Nebrule