Infinite Loading Screen

dantedemon

I'm playing this game on Vista, which I know is crap, and you guys are talking about Skyrim.ini file. I go to the places that you mention, and all I see are Saves, RendererInfo, Skyrim, SkyrimPrefs.

For the record, my current save is 14,155KB. I downloaded the 4gb Mod, which some people reccomended, but I still have the infinite loading screen.

I want to play my game. I want to fix this. How Do I do that?

First off get or buy the horse at the whiterun stable, via console on PC, get the ID's horse, put the serial into a notepad file TXT, park your horse at the front door of whiterun city, then when you have such trouble, via console type this bat yourfilename.txt. If it doesn't work, then COC whiterun or COC riverwood and then again type in console bat yourfilename.txt to teleport you close to your horse location.

it works mainly everywhere in the game, quests and events aren't broken or canceled. When you have to pass a door or a cavern access, it may helps a lot. Of course, you can do thr same with a companion ID.

I'm playing this game on Vista, which I know is crap, and you guys are talking about Skyrim.ini file. I go to the places that you mention, and all I see are Saves, RendererInfo, Skyrim, SkyrimPrefs.

For the record, my current save is 14,155KB. I downloaded the 4gb Mod, which some people reccomended, but I still have the infinite loading screen.

I want to play my game. I want to fix this. How Do I do that?

Check your Skyrim.ini for:

[MapMenu]

sMapCloudNIF=0

fMapWorldMaxHeight=150000.0000

fMapWorldMinHeight=5000.0000

fMapWorldTransitionHeight=10000.0000

bWorldMapNoSkyDepthBlur=1

fWorldMapDepthBlurScale=0

fWorldMapNearDepthBlurScale=0

fWorldMapMaximumDepthBlur=0

fMapWorldZoomSpeed=0.2000

fMapWorldMaxPitch=400.0000

fMapWorldMinPitch=0.0000

fMapWorldYawRange=3600.0000

uLockedObjectMapLOD=8

uLockedTerrainLOD=8

fMapWorldCursorMoveArea=0.9000

fMapWorldHeightAdjustmentForce=100.0000

fMapLookMouseSpeed=4.0000

fMapMoveKeyboardSpeed=0.01

fMapZoomMouseSpeed=22.0000

or something like that and delete it. It should work... If not, then I am not sure what the problem is.

So far, I've been running the game all maxed out, including AA, AF etc. 25-35 FPS stable. All fine, no bugs (except a few funny ones, not anything game-breaking).

Until recently...

I was leaving the Jarl's castle into the Whiterun. The loading screen greeted me with the 3D rendering of a Dunmer assassin with a few tips in the bottom-right corner of the screen. Then another tip showed up to replace the previous one... And then the another one, and another one... And so on.

It kept loading forever. I left it loading for half an hour, still nothing. So I tried restarting my PC, rebuilding .ini etc. No go.

So I tried lowering some settings, I figured: Maybe it has to load too much stuff ? So I lowered everything to Medium, and it loaded. Tried High - made it, but took some time. Ultra - no go. When I tried lowering View Distance settings, it loaded.

Of course, I don't want to play with the lowest possible View Distance, so I came here now, asking for help. Did anyone encounter this bug before and fixed it ? Help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

<div><br></div><div>EDIT: The problem appears to be in the Zoomable Map .ini tweak.</div>

Just out of curiosity, you play at 25-35 fps? I'd much rather lower some things and get a very minor visual loss with huge fps gain.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

i've recently reinstalled my my game through steam. I have not been running ANY mods. I've been running a clean vanilla installation. Same problem. Unfortunately I think Bethesda may have screwed the pooch. I have never had this problem until the recent 1.7 update. I eventually run into the problem in either whiterun or windhelm.

This isn't caused by mods. At all. The vanilla version is causing problems. My Drivers are pristine and up to date, I have even tried previous versions of my drivers and even beta versions. My system is almost exactly on par with the recommended settings; except I have 32 GB of RAM. This is an error by either BS, or Steam abd I an reakky upset about it.

Had the same problem too but only when loading a save file. Loading screen went on forever. Then I realised it wasn't Skyrim's fault but a windows/memory issue... Poor Skyrim simply did not have enough memory available to load the game. Actually I'm not sure what causes that but keep this in mind in case it gives you more ideas towards a solution. Good luck.

• 2 months later...

This is kinda old but I will share my "experience" with infinite loading,When the engine has to load many stuff (from a city cell or any cell in Tamriel ,outside I mean an exterior cell) most of the times it get stuck.For me the solution was to delete these lines that I had added sometime ago from my skyrim.ini file at map subsection.

uLockedObjectMapLOD=8

uLockedTerrainLOD=16

From that moment no more loading issues and much quicker waiting to finish.

• 1 month later...

Just ran into this problem myself. I had occasionally ran into an infinite load screen but just restarting would fix it. Then a couple days ago I couldn't do the Thalmor Embassy quest because it would go infinite trying to enter, so I loaded an earlier save and decided I'd just do other quests. Then yesterday I tried to leave Whiterun and was greeted with the problem. I can go to any of the shops in Whiterun, but if I try to entire Dragonsreach or leave the city I get an infinite load screen. I can load an earlier save before Whiterun and it works fine. Did some searching and someone recommended starting a new game and loading that game before your original one. Did that, and now I can't even load my saves in Whiterun without infinite screen.

So far I've tried deleting old saves, lowering graphics qualities, running without mods/SKSE (I was only using a few anyway), and checking my skyrim.ini for anything map related, but there's not much there. Any ideas? Here's my .ini:

[General]

sLanguage=ENGLISH

uExterior Cell Buffer=36

[Display]

fShadowLODMaxStartFade=1000.0

fSpecularLODMaxStartFade=2000.0

fLightLODMaxStartFade=3500.0

iShadowMapResolutionPrimary=2048

bAllowScreenshot=1

[Audio]

fMusicDuckingSeconds=6.0

fMusicUnDuckingSeconds=8.0

fMenuModeFadeOutTime=3.0

fMenuModeFadeInTime=1.0

[Grass]

bAllowCreateGrass=1

bAllowLoadGrass=0

[GeneralWarnings]

SGeneralMasterMismatchWarning=One or more plugins could not find the correct versions of the master files they depend on. Errors may occur during load or game play. Check the "Warnings.txt" file for more information.

[Archive]

sResourceArchiveList=Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Skyrim - Textures.bsa, Skyrim - Interface.bsa, Skyrim - Animations.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes.bsa, Skyrim - Sounds.bsa

sResourceArchiveList2=Skyrim - Voices.bsa, Skyrim - VoicesExtra.bsa

[Combat]

fMagnetismStrafeHeadingMult=0.0

fMagnetismLookingMult=0.0

[Papyrus]

fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS=500.0

bEnableLogging=0

bEnableTrace=0

bLoadDebugInformation=0

[Water]

bReflectLODObjects=1

bReflectLODLand=1