Why can't my computer run Skyrim well?

Smoseph

So my computer without a doubt meets the requirements for this game to play it on high but for some reason I can't even play it on lowest without it being extremely choppy.

It's a laptop and it has

Intel Core i7 720QM (1.6GHz)

6 GBs of memory

NVIDIA GeForce 360M

1 GB of VRAM

All my drivers are up to date but for some reason I have trouble running a lot of games even on lowest graphics settings. Thanks!

Are you sure you read the write minimum requirements? You only have 1.6GHz, the minimum req is at least 2GHz dual-core. I think there are other problems as well but uh, that's the most glaring issue I see.

Then again, I'm not tech-expert. I just play video games.

Edited by Kuramin

So my computer without a doubt meets the requirements for this game to play it on high but for some reason I can't even play it on lowest without it being extremely choppy.

It's a laptop and it has

6 GBs of memory

NVIDIA GeForce 360M

1 GB of VRAM

All my drivers are up to date but for some reason I have trouble running a lot of games even on lowest graphics settings. Thanks!

Does your notebook have 2 GPU and NVidia Optimus? If so, Skyrim runs on the weaker card and not on your 360M. You have to manually set "skyrim.exe" to run on 360M. You can do this via nvidia control panel.

It's a laptop and it has

6 GBs of memory

NVIDIA GeForce 360M

1 GB of VRAM

Does your notebook have 2 GPU and NVidia Optimus? If so, Skyrim runs on the weaker card and not on your 360M. You have to manually set "skyrim.exe" to run on 360M. You can do this via nvidia control panel.

He's got quad core.

• 3 weeks later...
go to ur nvidia control panel and go to manage 3d settings, program settings, add skyrim, and choose high-end gpu. that is if u have optimus, but with a gtx 360m, i don't think so. Remember, Skyrim has poor multi-core usage and is more cpu dependant, and thus clock speed is more important than number of cores.