Restoring to the orginal Data folder in the /steamapps/common/skyrim

Lyalpha

I messed up installing a mod and replaced the entire data folder with the mods data folder. So I have the data the the mod changed but nothing else. I need to restore to the original data folder. Is it possible to do this via steam? Or could someone with a backup send me a .zip of the default?

Like stated above yes you can. Just delete the affected folders and under Steam right click on Skyrim and find the tab that has "Verify the integrity of game cache" and it will validate all of the game files and replace anything that is missing/overwritten automatically.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

Which esm files? Did you delete them? Why would you not want to go through Steam?

It is easy, and only takes a few clicks. It will then redownload any missing and/or altered files. I am not on my PC at the moment, but it should be somewhere in:

Library -> The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim -> right-click -> properties (or such) -> Local Files (or something) tab -> verify integrity of game cache

Something like that, I can edit it later to be precise when I get to my PC. If you have a reasonably fast Internet, it should not take too long. Next time make sure to have a backup of the original Data folder in case you delete something.

Edit: Finally on PC. This is the right way to the correct button:

"Library" -> "The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim" -> (right-click) -> "Properties" (lowest menu item) -> "Local Files" (tab) -> "Verify integrity of game cache..."

Edited by Contrathetix

• 2 months later...

Which esm files? Did you delete them? Why would you not want to go through Steam?

It is easy, and only takes a few clicks. It will then redownload any missing and/or altered files. I am not on my PC at the moment, but it should be somewhere in:

Library -> The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim -> right-click -> properties (or such) -> Local Files (or something) tab -> verify integrity of game cache

Something like that, I can edit it later to be precise when I get to my PC. If you have a reasonably fast Internet, it should not take too long. Next time make sure to have a backup of the original Data folder in case you delete something.

Edit: Finally on PC. This is the right way to the correct button:

"Library" -> "The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim" -> (right-click) -> "Properties" (lowest menu item) -> "Local Files" (tab) -> "Verify integrity of game cache..."

cause he prob has the craked verson like mine