Skyrim: Creation Kit warning messages?

Phrosen63

Hi.

I'm new to this forum, so sorry if this was posted in the wrong section.

I'm also new to Skyrim: Creation Kit (but I have played around a little with Fallout: GECK, though.)

1. Whenever I open up CK and start loading Skyrim.esm I get a whole bunch of warning messages. -How can I fix these messages?

2. It says "See Warnings file for more information." -Where is the warnings file?

3. It also says "Yes to all will disable all Warnings for this context.", but there is no "Yes to all" button. -The only buttons I have says: "Yes", "No", and "Cancel".

I tried to follow the Bethesda Tutorials. I made it through Episode 1 all right. When I made it to ep2 I noticed some things that were different with my CK from the guy who made the video's CK.

4. In his CK, when he duplicated a room the room name turned green. In my CK the room name has the same color as all the other room names, which makes it harder to see which one I'm working with. I am guessing this is somehow related to the warning messages, but I'm not sure. -Any way to solve this?

EDIT:

5. I just now found out there's more things my CK can't do, for example: after duplicating a room I can't delete it. I select it, right-click and press "delete", it asks me if I'm sure, I answer "yes", but the room is still there. -Why doesn't my CK work properly?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Phrosen63

5. I just now found out there's more things my CK can't do, for example: after duplicating a room I can't delete it. I select it, right-click and press "delete", it asks me if I'm sure, I answer "yes", but the room is still there. -Why doesn't my CK work properly?

the ck will set a queue for delete, before saving that will be deleted. test it

delete something, save and reload the *.esp

Those error messages can just be ignored.

I even disabled those messages in SkyrimEditor.ini in your Skyrim/ folder.

Search for the part with [Messages]

And change bShowErrorMessages=1 to bShowErrorMessages=0.

( im on my phone here, so im uncertain if that line is actually called bShowErrorMessages but it should be something similar if not the same.)

• 1 month later...

Those error messages can just be ignored.

I even disabled those messages in SkyrimEditor.ini in your Skyrim/ folder.

Search for the part with [Messages]

And change bShowErrorMessages=1 to bShowErrorMessages=0.

( im on my phone here, so im uncertain if that line is actually called bShowErrorMessages but it should be something similar if not the same.)

It's bBlockMessageBoxes=0, replace the 0 with a 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Sorry for bumping an old thread but I need help with the Yes To All button. My SkyrimEditor.ini have bAllowYesToAll=1 but I still wont get the option. I haven't changed anything, it had that line as default.

Now I have to press Abort if I don't want to click a gazillion times on Yes. :(

Edit: Maybe it say Cancel instead of Abort. I get the messages in Swedish.

Edit 2: Found out that Cancel is the same as Yes To All so nevermind.

Edited by Tarm

• 6 months later...