Help needed. Armor 3ds 2012 > Nifskope > Skyrim

Sigvard62

Hello,

I am having some trouble getting my custom armor into Skyrim. The mesh in game is

either invisible or a huge mess.

My armor set is in the gauntlet equipment slot and consists of pauldrons and gloves.

http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/1282/59174363.png

I have added Skins and BSdismemberment to both pieces of armor in 3DS max.

I have also tried copying and pasting the BSdismemberment from a working skyrim mod with

similar attributes. (gloves and pauldrons)

http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/6200/24564852.png

The texture appears to apply correctly so I don't the the BSLightingShader is the issue. It is just

the UV map generated by 3ds max, I haven't done the artwork for it yet because id like it to be

in the game first.

One thing I've noticed is when pasting the BSDismemberment from a different armor set the NiSkinData

and NiSkinPartition get set to the wrong number. however when i try to set the number to a NiSkinData

code it destroys the mesh.

I'm going to attach the latest .nif file I am working with.

This is my first attempt at getting my own custom armor into the game so any help or tips that can be

offered would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Taylor

I'm having problems similar to this in the case of an armor.

While zoomed in everything fine and dandy but as soon as you start zooming out I start getting weird transparencies. I know it has something to do with BSDismembermant but I can't figure out exactly what causes it.

you have more that 4 bone weights assigned to some verts. in skin >advanced properties> bone affect limit: change from the default 20 to 4.

I spent forever figuring out

the OPs issue is not similar to yours at all either. his issue sounds like he tried linking skin from one mesh on another mesh in nifskope, unless the meshes are identical in every way, that would never work ever,

Edited by Ghogiel

you have more that 4 bone weights assigned to some verts. in skin >advanced properties> bone affect limit: change from the default 20 to 4.

I spent forever figuring out

the OPs issue is not similar to yours at all either. his issue sounds like he tried linking skin from one mesh on another mesh in nifskope, unless the meshes are identical in every way, that would never work ever,

I actually figured this exact solution out a couple hours after I posted. Meant to come back to post a solution but was so happy I forgot lol.

Edited by Sader325

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

did you follow any tutorials on how to make your own armor, just asking cause im having a bit of a crazy moment trying to figure it out XD

Here is a great tutorial for 3ds max to get you started. It's in fact the only "3ds max tutorial" I've ever needed (well, that I can remember at least):

http://www.3dtotal.com/index_tutorial_detailed.php?roPos=1&catDisplay=1&id=1344

It describes how to make head, body and armor all the way from scratch, and is very detailed in it's steps.

Edited by amycus

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...