⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Massive Monster Mod Additions WIP

Ironman5000

I have begun work on a big project which will make dogtown1's Monster Mod much more immersive and challenging by making changes across all of Skyrim. It will be another installment of my Monster Mod Additions series which I plan on being the ultimate momod expansion, with optional esps to work with the ones out already.

I am setting up battles, invasion parties, new creatures, rewards, domesticated monsters, more monster placements, bosses and more. I am working on adding shapeshifting capabilities via levelled lists or reward, possible followers, bouties, and maybe new weapons using some resource mods (Gizmodians and Urwy are my favourite ones atm).

I have got some interesting encounters set up with more to come, here are a few:

- Bilegulch Mine - The falmers and ogres have dug their way out of the mountains beside a bandit camp, who are engaged in combat as you arrive. More bandits have been placed to meet the challenge.

- Morthal - Giants and Treants have decided to take a detour through the village, which ends up in brawl.

- Windhelm - A clan of daedra are marching toward the town, they must be stopped before they reach the gates!

- Ysgramors Tomb - The word wall outside has been overrun by skeletal undead, including a cursed dragon which sits on wall.

- Falkreath - Creatures will attempt to wander through the town, but the added sentries are there to stop them although they will still need your help.

- Dushnikh Yal - A group of deadra are making their way in the direction of this village, which is better defended in preparation

- Dragon Island - north of the smuggler boat east of solitude (in the quest where you put out the Solitude lighthouse)

- Mor Khazgur - More Falmers and Ogres are attempting to invade this small town with the help of their Giant Ogre (boss).

Here is a glimpse of the defense of Mor Khazgur,

Ogre boss

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/4949/screenshot28gq.jpg

Added support for invaded towns and villages

http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/2298/screenshot29zj.jpg

Falmers and ogres team up

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/7198/screenshot32x.jpg

Defending Mor Khazgur

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/3276/screenshot37kw.jpg

Boss fight

http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/7687/screenshot46k.jpg

Domesticated animals in populated areas and homes, most are owned as pets others are strays

http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/5181/screenshot47wy.jpg

Swamp daedroth

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/1751/screenshot50e.jpg

These are different enemy types found on a small dragon type populated island - Swamp dragon, swamp deadroth, swamp drake, and sea dragon

http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/6868/screenshot52n.jpg

There are going to be other fun encounters including a cat themed faction with khajiit, werecats, sabrecats, and wildcats. There will also be several daedra attack clans and battles, more boss fights and more stuff like that.

There are a few grey areas I could use some help with if anyone wants to contribute in helping out - the shapeshifting script I have wont compile for me and I have little scripting experience, if anyone confident enough thinks they could fix it I would appreciate it and include you in the mod description for your trouble :thumbsup: . That's the main problem at the moment, there was a page with the info but the author decided to take it down but I saved it beforehand in txt format with a tutorial and papyrus and I can send you the link if you can help out.

This mod may take a few weeks to finish and look really good, so any feedback you want to give me is cool. I need a cool title for the mod :tongue: , and if you have other ideas or suggestions let me know :thumbsup:

whatever you do, don't forget to make every monster different from each other in stats as well as appearance,laying out a solid faction system, and the interaction between them. also would make sense to have seasonal breeds of monsters that only spawn on certain areas/seasons. their magical effects should also reflect the nature of the variations (poison in marsh areas,ice in mountain tops and other icy settings, fire near lava,etc) also (please!) don't force us to decide between your monster mod and the others, try to make it compatible, preferably enhancing the existing ones rather than replacing them. the general behavior of each monster should also reflect their different natures, as well as their diets. remember the rules of nature: bigger creatures eat smaller/weaker ones (with some exceptions) but don't make them feed only on humanoids. on the same note, some creatures are social and attack in packs, while others are loners, and their nature should reflect that (no falmers fighting alongside dragons for instance)... their ai should evaluate which is the biggest threat between you and a dragon and fight or flee accordingly (self preservation should always be above any level of rage they might have). also don't forget to make their knowledge of the surroundings limited so it is possible to sneak behind some of them... take a look at mmm/ooo/fran's ai scripts when in doubt :)

that's all i can think of at the moment. keep up the good work. the screenshots look awesome.

Thanks for that feedback, the AI is relatively basic at the moment but factions and stats are pretty much sorted.

I'm quite glad you reminded me of the predator/prey concept, gave me a pretty cool idea for an encounter :thumbsup: .

Some patrols are being a bit weird like spawning at one of the xmarkerheader patrol markers, not sure why this happens which needs sorting out for some encounters to work.

Holy crap! All i can say is that this looks nothing short of amazing!!

Im just wondering if the faction system will be tweaked, as i find it weird that a Sabre-cat, Bear and Wolf are working together to take down the same deer, when in real life they HATE each other. And speaking of pets, it would be cool to buy one (like a dog, or cat) simply as an aesthetic for your player owned home or to go to battle.

I'm using your other mods now and this looks very, very cool. I wish I had more scripting experience to help out but I'm afraid with the amount of work you are planning on this I would just wind up making it a bug fest. Hopefully someone with more experience will step up to help you out on this. I will be keeping an eye on your progress and looking forward to trying this out. If you need any help with testing I would be happy to help out with that. :)

Im just wondering if the faction system will be tweaked, as i find it weird that a Sabre-cat, Bear and Wolf are working together to take down the same deer, when in real life they HATE each other.

Really? saber tooth tigers hate wolves and bears in real life? Huh... learn something new every day.

That boss looks awesome.

Edited by austyn12090

Holy crap! All i can say is that this looks nothing short of amazing!!

Im just wondering if the faction system will be tweaked, as i find it weird that a Sabre-cat, Bear and Wolf are working together to take down the same deer, when in real life they HATE each other. And speaking of pets, it would be cool to buy one (like a dog, or cat) simply as an aesthetic for your player owned home or to go to battle.

I have been tweaking factions to suit the new encounters, originally the creatures kept the faction of base they used so werecat, gargoyle, ogre, bullvore etc were part of the werewolf faction. Now you will get all cat-like creatures allied to each other with some khajiit outcasts here and there, ogres with falmers (LOTR style!), bullvore, baphomet, daedra spider, werecroc (looks like old deadroth), dragon man and other as part of the daedra faction who are mostly found in clans, special forsworn attack groups with their own minotaurs and giants, and stuff like that.

I spent all yesterday placing the momod unique dragons in new areas using perch furniture so they wont spawn randomly but they can still surprise you!

Dogtown has done a new mesh for the cat which I will be looking at today and I will be tweaking the texture to make it look like a real cat, I have already made plans to have pet cat and pet guar followers but that MIGHT be in an update - I have a good tutorial but i've been too busy putting this together to have a look, should be simple enough :thumbsup: I havn't done dog pets yet because the game has them already, maybe one or two unique ones using the momod wolves?

Is it not possible to create a new monster from scratch? Not to belittle anyone's work, but all the "new" monsters I've seen are imported creatures from other games (Witcher 2 mostly), or parts of creatures from Skyrim or other games mixed and matched to create a monster.