⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Heart of Hearts

Greetings, all who read this topic! I am BaldurAnthology. It has come to my attention that there are not really any active RPs set in Alagaesia, so I present an idea my fellow writer TokyoBleach and I came up with, a story based RP based off the Inheritance books! However although she will check for Lore correctness I will be monitoring it daily, as such there are RULES to follow, and they are..

Personal Problems are to be kept out of the RP and the Discussion forum! If you have issues with a person, then ignore it here. They are just another person wanting to have fun here, same as you.

No more than one or two sentences of OOC in the RP. Saying "Can someone else play the monster" Is acceptable, "Duude why did you do that? That was my town, shot monster whatever" Is not. That sort of business is to be conducted Here or via PM

No Flaming. I don't care if you don't like what someone says. If you feel it is inappropriate, contact Me, and it will be dealt with.

No Double Posting! Keep what you have to say within 1 post please!

No Spamming! Keep discussions here pertaining to the RP or any content within, not to say things that make no sense.

No OP posts. There will be no "Wiping out a group of Bandits in one fell swoop" here. I reserve judgement on what is OP.

Be Polite! If you are going to contact other members regarding Role Play, Be Polite! Any rude or nasty conversations may end up being reported to myself and it will be dealt with accordingly.

Should have been obvious, No Dictating Hits on other people's Characters or their NPCs. You may attack, attempt to steal, whatever. However it is up to the person who controls what you are attacking whether or not you hit, kill or they dodge. You can't go "You can't get me" but you don't need to let every blow land, and it is up to you whether or not you die.

Give others a chance to post! If you see a name in Italics like BaldurAnthology that means they are writing a post, and you should wait until they have posted.

This RP is to be kept to PG14 behavior, Anything "Mature" Please conduct via PM, less descriptive things may be done in Spoiler boxes. This will act as a censor for people of younger ages to not see anything unwholesome.

Relationships are Allowed. You may have Homosexual, or Heterosexual (gay, lesbian or straight) Relationships here, and there will be no Discrimination about the choices made.

Lastly, Have Fun! No one likes a buzzkill!

Oh, and I will be instating a 3 strike Policy. After your first warning you get a strike, three strikes you are out, refuse to leave Admin get notified. Thank you for your cooperation.

Character sheets are below in this post! I will be posting a revamped version of a char I used to use in another RP as my guide. BYRON'S BACK!!!

RP Thread now OPEN! Located -> Right Here

Name:

Alignment:(optional, I like using this, but it isn't necessary)

Race:

Deity:(optional)

Personality:

Weapon:

Dragon(if Applicable, Name,scale colour etc)

Appearance:

Clothing:

History/background:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Name: Byron Thunderbeard

Alignment: Chaotic Good

Race:Dwarf

Deity: Guntera (In secret Dugmaren Brightmantle from his old homeland too)

Personality: Byron used to be indifferent, and not caring about anything that did not involve his experiments, then changed after adventuring with a group in a far off land. He became quirky, partially insane, and humorous, always willing to crack a joke, or get a drink.

Weapon: Voltair, his signature Warhammer. He forged it himself, with an experimentally altered forge he had been working on, and ended up with a magic hammer. Voltair causes electric damage as well as the spike on the tip secretes a poison, returns to his hand after being thrown when it's name is shouted, and can only be wielded by him or with permission another dwarf.

Dragon: a Silver Scaled dragon. He will hatch shortly after joining the story. His personality is similar to Byron, yet at the same time completely different. (Suggestion from Tokyo) His name is Ornthrond, meaning Eagle Eye in the dwarven language of this land.

Appearance: 4 foot 10, stained greying beard and hair. singed eyebrows, laughlines all on his face, weathered, leathery skin.

Clothing: Dwarven Plate Mail armor, with no helmet or shield. He has a pack that is bigger on the inside (reference to his original possessions from Faerun) That contains all sorts of bits and bobs for all occasions.

History/background: Byron Thunderbeard was born and raised in the lands of Faerun, far across the sea. He adventured from the Sword Coast, until he used one of his inventions to kill a group of his enemies, and himself. He journeyed with them as a ghost for a while, then was eventually restored to life within a restored version of his old body by the gods of that land, at the cost that he would have to leave his friends and loved ones behind. After one last goodbye near Eagle Peak, Byron made his way to the docks, where a boat was waiting to take him to his new life. He would miss Hazel, a dryad he had fallen in love with, and he would miss his friends, especially Caladus and Rhaine. He arrived on the shores of Alagaesia recently, and has been asked to teach healing arts with herbs and potions to those who wish to learn them. He still dabbles in Alchemy and his experiments, and has taken over an old ruined tower, strengthening it and adding his experimental gizmos and other things to the tower. He is still the happy sort he always was. He decided to worship Guntera as it was the first Dwarven god he heard of, and that represented knowledge. He also practices worship in secret of his old got Dugmaren Brightmantle, the god of Inventions, knowledge and wisdom for the Dwarves in the land he came from.

I'm working on a sheet as we speak, but don't have a full character yet. This should be fun :pirate:

Well, I love medieval RP's set in a fantasy world. Though I regret to say I do not know anything of Alagaesia :( I would love to join but my knowledge on such a thing would be terrible. Anyway I can learn the world and its iconic locations and such please do tell me and if I learn enough I'll make a character sheet. On the meantime ill try researching the place up.

Name:Thorand, son of Noland.

Alignment:(optional, I like using this, but it isn't necessary) Good.

Race: Human, Caucasian.

Deity:(optional) None.

Personality: Good-natured, prefers to solve problems, but recognizes that much of the time, battle is inevitable. He is more of a follower than a leader, but it very loyal. Can be quite clever. Holds his friends close. He has a fear of magic after Galbatorix's numb-bodied soldiers first attacked the Varden, but nothing he can't get over after a few occurences..... As long as his friend is using it.

Weapon: Long-sword, with a light, but reinforced medium-sized wooden shield, covered with a battered tapestry of the Varden.

Dragon(if Applicable, Name,scale colour etc) Unfortunately, None.

Appearance: Full, round face with blonde hair and blue eyes (kind of like me, really, but that was unintentional.) Tall (6 foot two or so) and broad-shouldered, like a football player, and with the tackle to match it. His face always looks a little cheerful, even if he's in the middle of battle and he's clearly not.

Clothing: (To start.) medium armor, leather, overlapped by chainmail with several light plates of steel covering vulnerable and vital areas. Chainmail Cowl, but no helmet. It is light enough for him to carry in a pack and travel long distances with, but strong enough to provide some protection as well.

History/background: The son of a traveling merchant and a tailor, he would always travel with his parents on their ship to other parts of Alagaesia. He learned to be persuasive with his words from his father, who did so often, as was part of his profession. When the Varden first began to gather some attention, a little while before the battle of Farthen-Dur (did i spell that right?) He joined up, as Galbatorix's reign had to end. He has fought in most of the major engagements in the war, and was there during Feinster, Farthen-Dur, and even the final siege of Galbatorix's palace. He has gained a great amount of respect for Eragon and Saphira, but remains suspicious of other Dragon Riders. (There were just as many on Galbatorix's side than there were on the Varden's) He's on his way to Teirm from Uru'baen.

Edited by Flipout6