You need to uninstall Sounds of Skyrim

SergeantGrrock

Don't know if this is a neccessary thread for here in "general discussion" as it is also in "mod talk" but I felt everyone should know ASAP.

From a post in "mod talk" courtesy of Staind716:

And the Sounds of Skyrim mods were all taken down by Cliffworms because there is a major problem with them causing save game bloat. He recommends everyone to uninstall these asap until he fixes this issue. If you installed with NMM it should uninstall all the scripts. Just make sure you don't just disable the .esps but actually uninstall them.

And also check in your Skyrim/Data/scripts folder and delete anything with SoS in the name. This is all straight from Cliffworms so I highly recommend doing this as soon as possible.

I know thousands of people use SOS so... there ya go. Let's hope he fixes it soon. It's gonna suck playing without it now. :sad:

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been using it for ages and never had any problem, all works well. But thank you if my game has problems I know where to look for the fix :) Edited by scot

I'm very surprised to hear this. I don't have civilization but have been running dungeons and wilds forever - I'd guesstimate that I've put 250 hrs on the versions that were made available around the 3rd week in May (after the author cleaned the esps) and my saves have only increased around 2.5 MB, give or take, since then. That's not too shabby really. (Yeah, yeah, get a life... I know I know :tongue:) Fwiw, I'm a sworn believer in "no quick/auto saves."

Thanks for the head's up though.

thanks for the heads up on this Sergeant Rock, much appreciated,

i haven't been affected by any savegame bloat issues; but, i've been running earlier versions of

Sounds of Skyrim 'The Dungeons' and 'The Wilds' (not 'Civilization') for a long time now and

blocked Steam updates before patch v1.6.

Since Cliffworms has temporarily hidden all SOS module pages (offline), Cliffworm's mod comments thread can be

found here if anyone wants to read about what's going on from the modder himself:

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1375181-relwip-sounds-of-skyrim/page__st__60__p__21220914#entry21220914

in a nutshell, cliffworms says this about the mods (not sure if updates to papyrus via patch v1.6 caused issues):

If your save game size is normal, you are fine. And I'd still recommend turning off SoS and delete the script files in case.

The two culprits are the Snoring script and the Dungeons' Config menu.

Wilds seems fine, but I prefer to recommend turning it off just in case.

Cliffworms, Posted 15 July 2012 - 10:53 PM

All SoS modules have been temporarily hidden while I fix that Papyrus mess that causes save game bloating. I highly recommend you de-activate the modules and remove the following files to prevent bloat:

Civilization:

Skyrim\Data\Scripts\SoSCivilizationConfigScript.pex

Skyrim\Data\Scripts\SoSCivSnore.pex

Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\SoSCivilizationConfigScript.psc

Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\SoSCivSnore.psc

Dungeons:

Skyrim\Data\Scripts\SoSDungeonsConfigScript.pex

Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\SoSDungeonsConfigScript.psc

Wilds:

Skyrim\Data\Scripts\SoSWildsConfigScript.pex

Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\SoSWildsConfigScript.psc

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Edited by Cliffworms, 15 July 2012 - 11:01 PM.

EDIT UPDATE: Sounds of Skyrim 'Civilizations' and possibly 'Dungeons' script/menu seems to be bugged; specifically,

the snoring script and the dungeons configuration menu, Wilds seems fine.

(i have not needed to uninstall Dungeons or Wilds, i am not running Civilizations).

If you suspect you're getting savegame bloat issues and trying to troubleshoot, here is an uninstall procedure Julle64 posted:

1. Load a game with the SoS mods installed.

2. Disable all the sounds by using the console commands:

Startquest SosConfigCivilization

Startquest SosConfigThewilds

Startquest SosConfigThedungeons

3. Then stopquest the mods by using the console commands:

Stopquest SosConfigCivilization

Stopquest SosConfigThewilds

Stopquest SosConfigThedungeons

4. Save the game and quit to desktop

5. Deactivate the mods.

6. Remove the mods and the scripts.

please note, other people attempting this fix (see page 5+ of this thread) have not had much success using this procedure

probably due to Civilizations embedding scripts into gamesaves that are difficult to remove.

Edited by xlcr

And thanks to you xlcr for the better info and link. :thumbsup:

I've been playing with wilds for at least 2 months and installed civ several days ago. Haven't tried dungeons yet.

No problems here either but when the author himself recommends un-install and disables all mod links, it tends to get my attention. I can't stand playing without sos so I wish cliffworms the best of luck! Might sound childish but it's part of the game to me now.

well, i do have some script lag thing happenin, so i tried uninstallin sos just the other day... problem is once i do, my saves seriously start to bloat. so seems i'm kinda screwed XD oh yeah still thx for the thread sergeant :thumbsup: Edited by trustinall

I wondered why the mods had disappeared. But as it happens, I had had to dump a savegame which had had all the SoS modules installed on it because ie became unstable. I noticed it when I was repeatedly unable to enter Fellglow Keep without a crash. Another character was unable to exit Breezehome without a crash. For whatever reason, I suspected SoS might have something to do with it and deactivated the mods. When I get home I'll remove them altogether. Thanks for the heads up!

I have a 36meg save game...My game pauses every minute of 2-4 secs. Im thinking of just quitting. I deleted skyrim and re-installed with no mods. Still does it. The saves are still 30+ megs. I was using this mod for about 2 weeks.