⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

You need to uninstall Sounds of Skyrim

SergeantGrrock

So far not noticed any save bloat. been using all three mods since they come out and i am at level 34 with over 67 hours of play. My save game size is about 8 MB

Using the latest skyrim patch and USKP patch and i am using the latest versions of SoS

Edited by broughladen

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the older versions probably work fine since these problems weren't noticed until the updates.

Actually, a lot of peeps, including me, were having crashing problems with the previous versions. One nexus member even uploaded a his own crash fix. The updates were of cleaned esps and a separate crash fix, although personally I didn't use the fix since the new files by themselves cleared up the problems immediately.

To anyone experiencing bloating after uninstalling - have you gone into the game's script files and made sure the ones added by SOS have been deleted? Er.... wait a minute, after checking my old SOS D/L I don't even see any script files.

edit: Don't have any of the Wilds/ Dungeons scripts in my game that Cliffworms mentions in the link that SgtRock kindly posted, ie

Dungeons:

Skyrim\Data\Scripts\SoSDungeonsConfigScript.pex

Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\SoSDungeonsConfigScript.psc

Wilds:

Skyrim\Data\Scripts\SoSWildsConfigScript.pex

Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\SoSWildsConfigScript.psc

- I uninstalled the old SOS via NMM (same way I installed it) before installing the new one. Maybe the idea was just to overwrite the old esp? But the new version did come with sound files too. Oh well, strange stuff. I know I checked when I updated (played with my clean save for a while before updating) and certainly noticed a difference in the sounds versus vanilla. I wonder what those scripts even did?

Edited by kevkiev

Heh... well I disable the snoring script but I guess I have to worry about the dungeon then..

BTW is 10mb a normal size game? I don't know much about this "save-game bloat"

I chose to do a total re-install after experiencing my save bloat, just in case I was having other conflicts from other mods as well.

I'm sure cliffworms will come up with a solution soon. His SOS mods are a great addition to the game, and although I do miss them being present in my current game, I appreciate his work on trying to remedy the issue as soon as he can.

Thanks for the heads-up Sgt Rock.

Dungeons 1.1 installed (now de-activated):sad:

Wilds 1.01 (used it only for testing long ago and noticed a performance hit and de-activated without ever creating an in-game save)

Checked for the listed files and folders after de-activating Dungeons and found none to be present. I had played with this Mod for about three hundred hrs without any issues.

Just started a new playthrough and was actually planning to upgrade them both and give the wilds another test run as well as civilization only a few days ago. Got busy in real life and didn't have time.

Hope cliffworms gets it worked out. SoS adds so much to the game. Again thanx for the heads-up.

uh, thanks a lot i guess...

also, excuse my noobiness, but bloated save games? does that mean my save game gained weight??

Actually, that would be a good way to put it. :biggrin: And each time you save it gains a little more.

I'm not really sure what size they "should" be (can't seem to find the info). Mine average 11.6 mb per save at a level 60 character. I'm guessing the file size increases naturally the more you play and save but that's is just a guess. I'm sure someone will confirm or deny it here. I do know that a file size of 36 mb is waaay over sized. :blink:

Oh, and the file size info I'm looking at for mine is in: /mydocuments/mygames/skyrim/saves

Edited by Sergeant Rock