Below Blackreach

3EyeSudios

What do you think of this idea?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of this idea?

• BOO! THIS IDEA SUCKS!
    • Could be better, I'll post what could be improved below.
    • Indifferent
    • It's good, but could have some more to it. I'll post what I think.
    • Wow! This is the best idea ever!
  2. 2. If you could/can work on this, what would you do?

• Modeling
    • Texturing
    • Level Design
    • Scripting
    • Voice
    • Art
    • Other

The Idea

So everyone knows that the dwemer lived underground and eventually stopped digging because the entire race disappeared. But what if some of the dwemer still existed? What if they kept digging down beyond Blackreach? What then? Would they reach the core of Nirn? Would they reach some sort of firelands below Tamriel?

The Plan

So I was thinking of the entrance to whatever will be under Blackreach to be some sort of special elevator that goes down below the huge cavern. I don't know. What happens is kind of up to whoever makes this mod, because I don't know how to make mods for the life of me, so this mod idea is up for grabs.

Possible Places

-The Sea of Fire: An ocean of magma, dotted with small, fiery islands, connected by walkways of stone and ebony.
-The Firelands: A region of constant volcanic activity, with the characteristics of the Deadlands of Mehrunes Dagon. It is home to plants also commonly found in that plane of Oblivion.
-Harvobz, the last Dwemer city: An intact city still bustling with it's inhabitants. The city is home to the Temple to Julianos, the Fiery Tankard Inn, a Stellarium, and the University of Mechanics. They also have a library full of lexicons, filled with the knowings of the last existing dwemer.
-Coreforge: The only of it's kind, aside from the Aetherium Forge, this forge runs purely on the heat of Nirn's core and the magma surrounding it. It can create the strongest of armors, the sharpest of weapons, the keenest of bows, even the most powerful of staves. The only thing missing, though, is it's heat regulator...
-The Hive: A place where even the bravest of adventurers avoid. It is the palace of the Chaurus Queen, and swarming with chaurus hunters and a new breed of chaurus that can spit death and fire stingers from a distance. Only the strongest of the strong or the maddest of the insane would dare venture here...

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think every option is reasonable, maybe you would see more than one. But there's a lot of lore about Dwemers you should read it maybe you will found the answer. Edited by Derok

I think every option is reasonable, maybe you would see more than one. But there's a lot of lore about Dwemers you should read it maybe you will found the answer.

Well, I've did a fair amount of research into the lore of the dwemer and it says they probably didn't go beyond blackreach, I'm just suggesting the idea of "what if they did"

Below Blackreach is more falmer, lore says the falmer escaped from the dwelmer by going deeper into Blackreach, so either falmer or chaurus hive.

Also the dwelmer didnt stop digging, they got in a war with the falmer and were very busy until they got 'transmuted from the mundane' by the heart of lorkhan thanks to their tonal architects.

Edited by rarborman

Maybe you could find last living Dwemers, barricaded in an huge fortified city fighting against hordes of Falmers. Edited by Derok

All of the options except the first and the last.

Just mash them up in a clever way, and we have a new semi-DLC/mod with large content.

Just imagine. Walking out of a lift to see a gargantuan cave that is actually an underground caldera with islands in the lava (connected with bridges) that has dwemer style buildings on it. The center island had a nother pool of lava, but in the center of that pool, stands a forge that is being powered by the heat of the lava.

There is an area on the wall of the cave that has artificial walkways. (the walls have all kinds of ore veins)

And many other things I didn't even think of.

I'd sure love to get my hands on something like that.

Just mash them up in a clever way, and we have a new semi-DLC/mod with large content.

Just imagine. Walking out of a lift to see a gargantuan cave that is actually an underground caldera with islands in the lava (connected with bridges) that has dwemer style buildings on it. The center island had a nother pool of lava, but in the center of that pool, stands a forge that is being powered by the heat of the lava.

There is an area on the wall of the cave that has artificial walkways. (the walls have all kinds of ore veins)

And many other things I didn't even think of.

I was actually thinking of that concept earlier today. In Dawnguard, you find the last of the Snow Elves. Why not in this, you find the last of the Dwemer?

Also the idea of a chaurus hive is great but, what would be better than bugs that spit poison? They spit magma? Shoot stingers? The possibilities are endless! Oh god what have I done

so i was thinking about this semi-DLC mod, and ive got a glimpse:why not make a questline that leads into the dwemer world? like while adventuring blackreach you discover some traces of living dwemer or somenthing, and starts a investigation about it? then when the player is already at the end of the questline he discover a dwemer city still working

the questline would explore every biome or scenario proposed

this ultimate forge could be a sidequest, just like the atherium forge quest

it could also bring new types of dwemer weapons and equipment, related to the "coreforge"

another idea: a dwemer portal to other planes, like the oblivion planes and daedric cities

DAMN! SO MUCH s*** IN ONE PLACE!

Edited by joqad

another idea: a dwemer portal to other planes, like the oblivion planes and daedric cities

Not really likely, because the dwemer mocked the other races for their worship of the daedra and instead worshiped Julianos.

so i was thinking about this semi-DLC mod, and ive got a glimpse:why not make a questline that leads into the dwemer world? like while adventuring blackreach you discover some traces of living dwemer or somenthing, and starts a investigation about it? then when the player is already at the end of the questline he discover a dwemer city still working

the questline would explore every biome or scenario proposed

You know that's a great idea! My original idea was an elevator down to the mantle and there it is, but this quest idea is fantastic!