⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Fallout 4 announced with teaser trailer

Dark0ne

In response to post #26152804. #26160334, #26167244, #26167844 are all replies on the same post.

nivea wrote: You start the game with a f*#@ing family, are you kidding me?! Where is the freedom of role play in THAT, I am extremely disappointed.

You are a middle aged M/F, straight, married, with a BABY. But you do not play as the baby, no you play the middle aged married parent.

I feel like a I am so done with FO4 and I havent even gotten to play it.... NONE of my character styles can fit into that little set up. I am very sad right now.... I had high hopes I could even try to get past the voice acting, but really you start with a family. *SIGH*
VWgolfR1 wrote: Where the hell is that family in the game other than in the first minutes when you get a glimpse of the pre-war era? You're all alone after the war and you make up your own future. I honestly feel sorry for you, because I'm gonna enjoy my brains out and maybe there's something for you too.
Also, times are changing and voiced protagonists have become deeply rooted by now. I also have second thoughts about that so I don't doubt there will be a mod that changes it.
TheCourier13 wrote: Oh NOES!!! The MC is STRAIGHT AND MARRIED!!!! WHATEVER SHALL WE DO?!

LMAO! :D
KiCHo666 wrote: Well, you can always made up story in your mind even with family and baby.
I did the same thing with courier in NV.

Yes you COULD make up a story about having a wife and child who died, what a great CHOICE that would be you could make. :)

When does it show up in game, please they did not make that baby with all the face gen of both its parents just to never show up again in game. MAJOR waste of resources, they could have just changed her skin tone only if that was the case.

You KNOW the daughter is going to show up later in the story line, and more then likely be angry at the main character for abandoning her and the other parent.. She will even be involved with the "bad guys", for extra drama and moral choices thing.

Really if this where a closed world linear story (ala Mass Effect, Bioshock, Saints Row, ECT) then I would have NO issue at all, but I do not buy a TES or Fallout game with a "open, free choice world" only to have no choice at all in my character.

Where is the harm in that, wanting to make my own character and my own story? In a game that says you have the "freedom" to do that?

I kinda feel bad for you actually if your so happy to accept that after all these kinda of games with all this freedom, you feel happy to have a voiced character with a major important backstory to that character already made.

That is the whole beauty of the TES and Fallout series compared to other games, you can make your own character and own story without having the game makers step on your toes so many times.

I only have real issue with voicing because it sounds like generic middle aged white gruff guy number 1000000000 (the woman I find a bit annoying, but that is a personal taste issue), a couple more choices would have been nice. Also the fact that you will get less choices in game because of it (gotta stick to the butdget after all), and that mods will now have to feature a silent main character while the rest of the game is voiced.

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #26152804. #26160334, #26167244, #26167844, #26169834 are all replies on the same post.

nivea wrote: You start the game with a f*#@ing family, are you kidding me?! Where is the freedom of role play in THAT, I am extremely disappointed.

You are a middle aged M/F, straight, married, with a BABY. But you do not play as the baby, no you play the middle aged married parent.

I feel like a I am so done with FO4 and I havent even gotten to play it.... NONE of my character styles can fit into that little set up. I am very sad right now.... I had high hopes I could even try to get past the voice acting, but really you start with a family. *SIGH*
VWgolfR1 wrote: Where the hell is that family in the game other than in the first minutes when you get a glimpse of the pre-war era? You're all alone after the war and you make up your own future. I honestly feel sorry for you, because I'm gonna enjoy my brains out and maybe there's something for you too.
Also, times are changing and voiced protagonists have become deeply rooted by now. I also have second thoughts about that so I don't doubt there will be a mod that changes it.
TheCourier13 wrote: Oh NOES!!! The MC is STRAIGHT AND MARRIED!!!! WHATEVER SHALL WE DO?!

KiCHo666 wrote: Well, you can always made up story in your mind even with family and baby.
nivea wrote: Yes you COULD make up a story about having a wife and child who died, what a great CHOICE that would be you could make. :)

When does it show up in game, please they did not make that baby with all the face gen of both its parents just to never show up again in game. MAJOR waste of resources, they could have just changed her skin tone only if that was the case.

You KNOW the daughter is going to show up later in the story line, and more then likely be angry at the main character for abandoning her and the other parent.. She will even be involved with the "bad guys", for extra drama and moral choices thing.

Really if this where a closed world linear story (ala Mass Effect, Bioshock, Saints Row, ECT) then I would have NO issue at all, but I do not buy a TES or Fallout game with a "open, free choice world" only to have no choice at all in my character.

Where is the harm in that, wanting to make my own character and my own story? In a game that says you have the "freedom" to do that?

I kinda feel bad for you actually if your so happy to accept that after all these kinda of games with all this freedom, you feel happy to have a voiced character with a major important backstory to that character already made.

That is the whole beauty of the TES and Fallout series compared to other games, you can make your own character and own story without having the game makers step on your toes so many times.

I only have real issue with voicing because it sounds like generic middle aged white gruff guy number 1000000000 (the woman I find a bit annoying, but that is a personal taste issue), a couple more choices would have been nice. Also the fact that you will get less choices in game because of it (gotta stick to the butdget after all), and that mods will now have to feature a silent main character while the rest of the game is voiced.

And then, the mods to change the voice shows up... 8-) Edited by amd64gamer

In response to post #26162134.

Tony the Wookie wrote:

No, no, no, no, NO!!!! Zenimax insisted Fallout 4 be optimised for LAST-GEN consoles (Xbox360, PS3) on the dumb assumption that when released, a good chunk of its profits would come from those platforms. A game released 2.5 to 3 years AFTER the PS4, designed to run on the RAM and GPU of an Xbox360- this is the worst possible scenario.

The trailer was horrid- dull assets and rubbish storytelling, since we've all already played Fallout 3 and Fallout:NV, so we don't need to be given a wholly GENERIC introduction to the world of Fallout.

This project feels STALE- like a team who'd rather have been revisiting Elder Scrolls rather than taking a trip back to 1950s America. And given the coding team were obviously forced to continue to work with an engine that could operate on a 1900XT (the ancient AMD/ATI tech in the Xbox360) with 512MB of RAM, the coders must've been BORED to death, and very uninspired indeed.

I was hoping more for a NEXT-GEN gameplay overhaul rather than fretting about the overall quality of the graphics, but we are clearly getting neither. The CPU of the Xbox360, again, was the limiting factor- so more physics and more interactive mechanisms were out of the question.

PS don't bother responding to point out that Bethesda has cancelled the Xbox360 version by now, or spent the last year inserting better MESH assets. Neither change the FACT that we are getting a game in 2016 that was wholly developed so it could run adequately on an Xbox360. This is a Producer/Managerial FAILURE of epic proportions.

Is this correct? I have tried googling this but I can't seem to find anything to back this up! Does anyone have a link to this info? Thanks in advance!

Not a word of it, it is all the lost rambling of someone who is not informed and obviously grumpy about something.

And then, when modders created higher-res textures, updated ENBs and mods, it will all seem like the predictable complaints will be a bad dream...

In response to post #26169259.

The1Whistler wrote:

No, no, no, no, NO!!!! Zenimax insisted Fallout 4 be optimised for LAST-GEN consoles (Xbox360, PS3) on the dumb assumption that when released, a good chunk of its profits would come from those platforms. A game released 2.5 to 3 years AFTER the PS4, designed to run on the RAM and GPU of an Xbox360- this is the worst possible scenario.

The trailer was horrid- dull assets and rubbish storytelling, since we've all already played Fallout 3 and Fallout:NV, so we don't need to be given a wholly GENERIC introduction to the world of Fallout.

This project feels STALE- like a team who'd rather have been revisiting Elder Scrolls rather than taking a trip back to 1950s America. And given the coding team were obviously forced to continue to work with an engine that could operate on a 1900XT (the ancient AMD/ATI tech in the Xbox360) with 512MB of RAM, the coders must've been BORED to death, and very uninspired indeed.

I was hoping more for a NEXT-GEN gameplay overhaul rather than fretting about the overall quality of the graphics, but we are clearly getting neither. The CPU of the Xbox360, again, was the limiting factor- so more physics and more interactive mechanisms were out of the question.

PS don't bother responding to point out that Bethesda has cancelled the Xbox360 version by now, or spent the last year inserting better MESH assets. Neither change the FACT that we are getting a game in 2016 that was wholly developed so it could run adequately on an Xbox360. This is a Producer/Managerial FAILURE of epic proportions.

Is this correct? I have tried googling this but I can't seem to find anything to back this up! Does anyone have a link to this info? Thanks in advance!

Not a word of it, it is all the lost rambling of someone who is not informed and obviously grumpy about something.

Ok, I hoped that was the case! Thanks for reply m8!

Yeah, zanity is a bit off his rocker...the truth, conspiracies, insider information, yadda yadda...just another guy with a tin foil hat. Edited by momuse88

In response to post #26168444.

pyschonutz66 wrote:

Fallout 4 looked amazing at E3. Custom weapons, Custom armor and more!! . The Pip Boy that comes with the Pip Boy Edition looks freaking amazing. I actually cried at little when i was watching the Fallout 4 showcase. I was so amazed at all the new content and customization. I'm going to be getting the Pip Boy Edition, I hope you guys do the same :)

The thing that makes me wanna play the game the most is the map size and the Creation Mode. That looks epic as hell!

In response to post #26160689.

The1Whistler wrote:

It's only available on PC, Xbox ONE and PlayStation 4. I heard no word of the game being released on Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3, seeing that neither system would be able to run the game, even at low quality. Besides, Fallout 4 is a next gen game; why would they put it on previous gen systems? ._.

In response to post #26150204. #26152729 is also a reply to the same post.

Zinthros wrote:

Mods are supported on consoles eh?

Mine are going to "conveniently" require the script extender to function, I think :cool:

It's time Microsoft paid for the delays on PC DLC in Beth games.

Dukoth wrote: but why do fans have to pay, they didn't do it, but they'll be the one's to suffer

please don't punish gamers because of you hate for microsft, they deserve to play these mods to

^ agreed.

In response to post #26152804. #26160334, #26167244, #26167844, #26169834, #26170174 are all replies on the same post.

nivea wrote: Yes you COULD make up a story about having a wife and child who died, what a great CHOICE that would be you could make. :)

amd64gamer wrote: And then, the mods to change the voice shows up... 8-)

Yes... someone is going to go through the thousands of dialog and revoice them, have to admit that has never happened to any of the games I have modded for. Someone revoicing vanilla content that is. o_O

In response to post #26152804. #26160334, #26167244, #26167844, #26169834, #26170174, #26174459 are all replies on the same post.

amd64gamer wrote: And then, the mods to change the voice shows up... 8-)
nivea wrote: Yes... someone is going to go through the thousands of dialog and revoice them, have to admit that has never happened to any of the games I have modded for. Someone revoicing vanilla content that is. o_O

The Fallout series have NEVER been open-world-do-anything-you-want. There's always been a backstory to the character and it always ties into the main quest. FO and TES are two different things.