⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Survey Responses!

TheTokenGeek

In response to post #27530099. #27530184, #27530349, #27530409, #27530869, #27531289 are all replies on the same post.

Roguespear wrote: The Steam coupon almost made me skip this survey, I have a Steam account for one reason and one reason only, it was required by Skyrim. Since then Steam has become more and more user unfriendly and after 15 e-mails with support question that went unanswered, Steam for me has fallen into the FOBAR category for me. As for Nexus, it is the shinning star of game sites in my opinion.
Gamwich wrote: Yes, the Steam prize entry was optional..... I personally didn't enter (and I'm sure others also didn't care about winning anything).
RavingRiley wrote: I do like steam, I just wish keeping it running was optional, at least for offline games.
TKHBMVP wrote: For me too, survey was good, prize not relevant for me.
Fluffypuppy666 wrote: Well Roguespear you hit that spot on!
Maybe there should be a survey for how many people hate Steam?
It could start with a -5 to +5, There should be no reason it needs a + but hey each to their own :)
JackJones93 wrote: Well if you run it offline it' s like it isn't even there, it doesn't use that many resources

I just hope Nexus doesn't turn into another Steam shitty website

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #27527609. #27527849, #27527994, #27528224, #27528879, #27528919, #27529224, #27529299, #27529544, #27529909, #27530019, #27530539, #27530744, #27531059 are all replies on the same post.

Jokerine wrote: Gee. I had no idea girls were so rare around these parts... :laugh:
Elianora wrote: Especially when you consider so many of us authors that turn out to be girls!

Jaxonz, kryptopyr, Mattie, you and me, Tamira, zzjay....

Man, now we just need more mod user girls since we have the author front covered! :D
crazytaz wrote: all so there are some people who didn't take the survey
MotoSxorpio wrote: Yeah, quite a shock about the gender numbers. I was sure it was closer to 70-30 male dominant.

Looking forward to what the future brings for the sites. Looks like BlindJudge is jumping in with both feet.
Niyogi wrote: Female user here. I'm super shocked by the gender numbers. I agree with Moto. I thought the gap wouldn't be so large. It does explain the lack of female tailored mods out there though. At least there are some! :)
Tamira wrote: Yeah, took me by surprise too :D
SolidusEkans wrote: Call NeoGAF!!! favicon.png
Madcat221 wrote:

You two and Tamira were apparent, but... the others? o_O And I thought I was on top of checking profiles to check gender to avoid such awkward moments...
Thumblesteen wrote: I'm not that surprised, to be honest. I mean, let's face it, the gaming industry have spent the last ten years or so making every effort humanly possible to alienate women. It's quite tragic, really. To all the women out there who still haven't given up on gaming as a passtime, I must say, I'm quite inspired. To put up with all the sexist nonsense is a proper show of strength.
AmiMizuno wrote: >.< Endangered species... lol more like just a dang rare sight. I was surprised too at this very skewed gender numbers!
thesniperdevil wrote: I am sure all those skimpy anime mods on the front page don't help in attracting female audiences.
EMS60 wrote: Hey, not every woman plays SIMS or how things like this are called. :pinch:

But if this is the reflection of the usership I'll never ever wonder anymore why half of the mods want to make your female Dragonborn look like some half nude kindergarten welp with the breast size of Chelsea Charms and the male ones like some watered down Final Fantasy toy boys. :laugh:
<= *praises fadingsignal and Maevan2*

But seriously... I never thought that the female percentage and my own age range would be so small. o_O
madpaddy wrote: 3% of those females are probably men pretending to be women, its a bizarre internet phenomenon ive never understood.
Elbethien wrote: I thought the same about women, pretending to be male.

I "collect" girl modders (know who they are) because there are so few of us :)
Edited by llamaRCA

In response to post #27527609. #27527849, #27527994, #27528224, #27528879, #27528919, #27529224, #27529299, #27529544, #27529909, #27530019, #27530539 are all replies on the same post.

Jokerine wrote: Gee. I had no idea girls were so rare around these parts... :laugh:
Elianora wrote: Especially when you consider so many of us authors that turn out to be girls!

Man, now we just need more mod user girls since we have the author front covered! :D

MotoSxorpio wrote: Yeah, quite a shock about the gender numbers. I was sure it was closer to 70-30 male dominant.

Looking forward to what the future brings for the sites. Looks like BlindJudge is jumping in with both feet.

Niyogi wrote: Female user here. I'm super shocked by the gender numbers. I agree with Moto. I thought the gap wouldn't be so large. It does explain the lack of female tailored mods out there though. At least there are some! :smile:
Madcat221 wrote:

You two and Tamira were apparent, but... the others? :blink: And I thought I was on top of checking profiles to check gender to avoid such awkward moments...

Thumblesteen wrote: I'm not that surprised, to be honest. I mean, let's face it, the gaming industry have spent the last ten years or so making every effort humanly possible to alienate women. It's quite tragic, really. To all the women out there who still haven't given up on gaming as a passtime, I must say, I'm quite inspired. To put up with all the sexist nonsense is a proper show of strength.
AmiMizuno wrote: >.< Endangered species... lol more like just a dang rare sight. I was surprised too at this very skewed gender numbers!
thesniperdevil wrote: I am sure all those skimpy anime mods on the front page don't help in attracting female audiences.
EMS60 wrote: Hey, not every woman plays SIMS or how things like this are called. :pinch:

But if this is the reflection of the usership I'll never ever wonder anymore why half of the mods want to make your female Dragonborn look like some half nude kindergarten welp with the breast size of Chelsea Charms and the male ones like some watered down Final Fantasy toy boys. :laugh:

But seriously... I never thought that the female percentage would be so small. :blink:

3% of those females are probably men pretending to be women, its a bizarre internet phenomenon ive never understood.

Equally some of those males could be females wanting to avoid the attention of weirdos.

In response to post #27527609. #27527849, #27527994, #27528224, #27528879, #27528919, #27529224, #27529299, #27529544, #27529909, #27530019, #27530539, #27530744, #27531059, #27532069 are all replies on the same post.

Niyogi wrote: Female user here. I'm super shocked by the gender numbers. I agree with Moto. I thought the gap wouldn't be so large. It does explain the lack of female tailored mods out there though. At least there are some! :)
Madcat221 wrote:

You two and Tamira were apparent, but... the others? o_O And I thought I was on top of checking profiles to check gender to avoid such awkward moments...

But seriously... I never thought that the female percentage and my own age range would be so small. o_O
madpaddy wrote: 3% of those females are probably men pretending to be women, its a bizarre internet phenomenon ive never understood.
llamaRCA wrote: I "collect" girl modders (know who they are) because there are so few of us :)

Not surprised really, my guess that if such question would be put out on ANY gaming-only site/community at its core the numbers would be close to that.

Many women/girls are convinced that gaming is too childish or stupid and don't get involved in it or hiding it as best as they can, but tbh in more or less civil countries EVERYONE is a gamer even if that means some casual mobile or browser gaming.

Stereotypes rules minds these days.

In response to post #27527609. #27527849, #27527994, #27528224, #27528879, #27528919, #27529224, #27529299, #27529544, #27529909, #27530019, #27530539, #27530744, #27531059, #27532069, #27532379 are all replies on the same post.

Madcat221 wrote:

llamaRCA wrote: I "collect" girl modders (know who they are) because there are so few of us :)
Signette wrote: Not surprised really, my guess that if such question would be put out on ANY gaming-only site/community at its core the numbers would be close to that.

Many women/girls are convinced that gaming is too childish or stupid and don't get involved in it or hiding it as best as they can, but tbh in more or less civil countries EVERYONE is a gamer even if that means some casual mobile or browser gaming.

I fact, 70% of the Top 10 adult mods are by a female modder ;)

In response to post #27527609. #27527849, #27527994, #27528224, #27528879, #27528919, #27529224, #27529299, #27529544, #27529909, #27530019, #27530539, #27530744, #27531059, #27532069, #27532379, #27532479 are all replies on the same post.

Madcat221 wrote:

Signette wrote: Not surprised really, my guess that if such question would be put out on ANY gaming-only site/community at its core the numbers would be close to that.

t3h0th3r wrote: I fact, 70% of the Top 10 adult mods are by a female modder ;)

People are always surprised I am female. I guess I should add something girly on my user name??? I mean my Avy is my female OC... but still.

I am a mod creator also, I just don't publish my work. I horde my things all for myself =p
The only thing published publicly I helped with is the Fine Faces texture. I worked on the neck, ears and redid the feet textures for SAM body.

One day i will publish one of my mods that is not too personal (not one of my OC's is what I mean)

I also download tons of skimpy armor and have nude mods. Not for any pervy reasons, rather as an artist I find the human form beautiful. I want my characters to be perfect and customized, every bit of them.

That's my 2 cents anyway ^^

In response to post #27530099. #27530184, #27530349, #27530409, #27530869, #27531289, #27531564 are all replies on the same post.

Roguespear wrote: The Steam coupon almost made me skip this survey, I have a Steam account for one reason and one reason only, it was required by Skyrim. Since then Steam has become more and more user unfriendly and after 15 e-mails with support question that went unanswered, Steam for me has fallen into the FOBAR category for me. As for Nexus, it is the shinning star of game sites in my opinion.
Gamwich wrote: Yes, the Steam prize entry was optional..... I personally didn't enter (and I'm sure others also didn't care about winning anything).
RavingRiley wrote: I do like steam, I just wish keeping it running was optional, at least for offline games.
TKHBMVP wrote: For me too, survey was good, prize not relevant for me.
Fluffypuppy666 wrote: Well Roguespear you hit that spot on!
Maybe there should be a survey for how many people hate Steam?
It could start with a -5 to +5, There should be no reason it needs a + but hey each to their own :)
JackJones93 wrote: Well if you run it offline it' s like it isn't even there, it doesn't use that many resources
alexelric wrote: I just hope Nexus doesn't turn into another Steam shitty website

Steam is ok guys. It's just in a different world. I wouldn't really call it a community, per se. I suppose it is technically, though more corporate. Like an apartment verses a neighborhood. Here on Nexus we are free to run wild and build our community as we grow. Having been here for a while, I remember when the roads were a little bumpy. Granted Robin and his crew do all the real work. To their credit it has always been totally transparent, leaving me with a feeling of "pride" as the site leveled up.

Steam just feels cold and sterile to me. A shell that all these people are herded through as their release into the modding wild begins. I try to point the way here. Many are too "green" to venture all the way here. When I got here the forums were like the great tomes of hidden knowledge. I love Nexus.

p.s. I signed up for Steam bucks. Fallout 4 DLC, brothers (and a few sisters) Edited by MurdermiesteR