Fallout 4 1.3 Update Now Official!

SirSalami

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #34082170. #34096340 is also a reply to the same post.

Nostalgiaheart wrote: This really suck - everytime Bethesda does something - something breaks.......I should have waited before buying.
Eruadur wrote: Or: should have waited installing mods ( third party software ) . Because I'm sure the game runs perfectly without any mods at all, right ?
Blame Bethesda all you want....

game runs fine with latest patch, but then again all my ini edits where done in custom ini + i have only 4 esp with edits that i did myself, even my esp that remove 70% of all crap from game works flawless

In response to post #34089630. #34090320, #34090490, #34090875, #34091040 are all replies on the same post.

b5tard wrote: I fired up this festing pile of an update and was beset by multiple repeateable CTDs after months of stable gameplay.

I figured what the hell, ill scrub everything, install clean, install the update, new INIs, new everything.

CTD in vault 111 trying to play the holotape game in the terminal, and CTD exiting the vault right after the sun in my eyes sequence and the HUD is about to come back onto the screen.

no combination of settings will get me past it.

what a screwup.

to re-iterate.

fresh install, no mods, fresh INIs.....CTD city on a known stable system... This patch is garbage.

Back to version 1, and no issues. Thanks bethesda. Guess ill wait for 1.4?
AliceGaming wrote: Same here. May I ask how you reverted back to version 1? Game keeps CTD upon launch and it's driving me up the wall.
Centerman wrote: Wow that sucks. Getting rid of the Gore Overhaul fixed my instant CTD. I still CTD now but ONLY when I'm under heavy gunfire from an enemy.
adamski47 wrote: Same here , completely clean install and still CTD , either this patch is utterly broken or my save is busted
adamski47 wrote: Nothing at all seems to solve this , its not the mods for sure , tried everything posted here on this page too... With even completely vanilla crashing i completely give up on this patch... How did you rollback to version 1 ?

Kept my base install. I should mention, i blew out my saves, ini's everything. Fresh save.

CTDs every time i exit the vault, and again if I tried to play that little game on the terminal in the lounge(?) in vault 111 as well.

Absolutely the patches fault. If I can trigger a CDT that early in a vanilla game with a new save. there is something terribly wrong.

In response to post #34096785.

brokefoot wrote: For many of us, we use mods that replace textures. And for many of us, we edit our ini files so that these mods can function in-game. But for most of us, the latest patch has messed up our game in some way. Why is this so and how do we fix it ? Well...

You need to remove your previous ini files and use the launcher once to create new ones.
-Why ? Because there are new additions and...

Make sure any personal Fallout4.ini edits are moved to Fallout4Custom or your game won't load.
-Why ? Because with the new patch, most if not all additional lines in the Fallout4.ini will lead to CTD.

Look through your retexture mods, removing them one by one until your game loads.
-Why ? There are a few mods out there that use 'bogus' texture formats and will result in CTD since the new patch.

For me, the culprits were my edits to the Fallout4.ini instead of being in Fallout4Custom.ini and also a really old retexture mod that changed the color of laser beams.

Yes, seriously. Just those two little things. I'm back to a fully functioning game w/ a total of 84 'mods' (28 of which are plug-ins).

Excellent advice.

In response to post #34096785. #34100940 is also a reply to the same post.

brokefoot wrote: For many of us, we use mods that replace textures. And for many of us, we edit our ini files so that these mods can function in-game. But for most of us, the latest patch has messed up our game in some way. Why is this so and how do we fix it ? Well...

You need to remove your previous ini files and use the launcher once to create new ones.
-Why ? Because there are new additions and...

Make sure any personal Fallout4.ini edits are moved to Fallout4Custom or your game won't load.
-Why ? Because with the new patch, most if not all additional lines in the Fallout4.ini will lead to CTD.

Look through your retexture mods, removing them one by one until your game loads.
-Why ? There are a few mods out there that use 'bogus' texture formats and will result in CTD since the new patch.

For me, the culprits were my edits to the Fallout4.ini instead of being in Fallout4Custom.ini and also a really old retexture mod that changed the color of laser beams.

Yes, seriously. Just those two little things. I'm back to a fully functioning game w/ a total of 84 'mods' (28 of which are plug-ins).
wolfgrimdark wrote: Excellent advice.

For me it's definitely got to be a texture causing a random CTD. Just haven't found which one yet.

In response to post #34089630. #34090320, #34090490, #34090875, #34091040, #34100180 are all replies on the same post.

b5tard wrote: I fired up this festing pile of an update and was beset by multiple repeateable CTDs after months of stable gameplay.

I figured what the hell, ill scrub everything, install clean, install the update, new INIs, new everything.

CTD in vault 111 trying to play the holotape game in the terminal, and CTD exiting the vault right after the sun in my eyes sequence and the HUD is about to come back onto the screen.

no combination of settings will get me past it.

what a screwup.

to re-iterate.

fresh install, no mods, fresh INIs.....CTD city on a known stable system... This patch is garbage.

Back to version 1, and no issues. Thanks bethesda. Guess ill wait for 1.4?
AliceGaming wrote: Same here. May I ask how you reverted back to version 1? Game keeps CTD upon launch and it's driving me up the wall.
Centerman wrote: Wow that sucks. Getting rid of the Gore Overhaul fixed my instant CTD. I still CTD now but ONLY when I'm under heavy gunfire from an enemy.
adamski47 wrote: Same here , completely clean install and still CTD , either this patch is utterly broken or my save is busted
adamski47 wrote: Nothing at all seems to solve this , its not the mods for sure , tried everything posted here on this page too... With even completely vanilla crashing i completely give up on this patch... How did you rollback to version 1 ?
b5tard wrote: Kept my base install. I should mention, i blew out my saves, ini's everything. Fresh save.

CTDs every time i exit the vault, and again if I tried to play that little game on the terminal in the lounge(?) in vault 111 as well.

Absolutely the patches fault. If I can trigger a CDT that early in a vanilla game with a new save. there is something terribly wrong.

Fresh install with Zero Mods seems stable for me so far. Will test more. Lots of Settlers in their underwear though... Darn.

for those who's modded games CRASH. Just want to put this out there.

-Update game to latest patch

-launch the launcher and press play, then exit immediately after it loads.

-go to your Fallout 4 Folder at the following location: Documents/My Games/Fallout 4

-edit Fallout4Custom.ini

-ADD the lines :

[Archive]

bInvalidateOlderFiles=1

sResourceDataDirsFinal=

(including the "[Archive]")

-save and play the game with nexus mod manager.

worked for me, don't know if it will do the same for you guys.

Edited by karambitz624