Fallout 4 1.3 Update Now Official!

SirSalami

In response to post #34086870. #34102205 is also a reply to the same post.

Brumear wrote: I think its to do with leveling...
Game runs great till I reach a new level and then it CTD can run all over the place if I don't get XP to next level.
lecter66100 wrote: any solutions to that?

Nope

Tried all the Ideas I seen here and nothing

Uninstall/Reinstall, No Mods, Delete INI Files, don't have gore mod

just got to wait for the Muppet's to hear all the Rants and come up with a FIX

great too do all the work for them to debug it...

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From Time to Time Ghuls have total Black Heads and my Player and my Companions have black Eyes ,also Desdemona i saw already with black Eyes ,after Restart Fallout 4 new its again normal.

That is since i updated the Patch.

In response to post #34071015. #34071450, #34071620, #34071680, #34072505, #34072540, #34072595, #34073190, #34073450, #34073500, #34074510, #34084490, #34084545, #34085065, #34088565, #34089440, #34090300, #34091345, #34091585, #34092545, #34092940, #34093350, #34093820, #34094175, #34095430 are all replies on the same post.

Nordland1 wrote: For me, this fixed the CTD!

(I got CTD 5-10 seconds after the game started.)

And after some research in my mod list i found that "The Gore Overhaul" was the culprit.
I still got the mod activated in NMM but I renamed the "gore" folder (the mods texture folder) so it won't load. And after that no more CTD's.
arroya wrote: so what folders name did you change again? I want to try this. I am running EBT as well
Nordland1 wrote: Sorry I mixed up two mods.
For me it's "THE GORE OVERHAUL" mod who was causing the CTD.
Not "Enhanced Blood Textures".

I renamed the folder "Gore" by just adding a Z (zgore).
You will find the folder in ".../Data/Textures/Gore"

(I edited my first post with my new findings)
arroya wrote: ok just renamed it. because i have gore overhaul as well lets see if it works Ill send you a pm I dont want to clog the thread. Check your messages
MadveD12 wrote: I also disabled "The Gore Overhaul" and CTD 5-10 seconds after the start of the game disappeared.
iiicragiii16 wrote: It worked! Thank you sir
Panaorios wrote: Thank you so much. This worked for me!
grapser wrote: Thanks for the fix. XD
Nordland1 wrote: Glad that I could help! :)
MickeyMcE wrote: Interesting I uninstalled "The Gore Overhaul" mod after reading this and it appears to have fixed my ctd as well for now. Good find, I was just getting ready to go through my mods and play the uninstall reinstall game. Thanks for saving me the headache.
St4rkill3r wrote: Worked here too.At the start i was unable to play 5 mins long without a ctd.Now i did the rename of the folder and i played like 30 mins without problems so far, thanks a lot sir for the tip!
Centerman wrote: Uninstalled Gore Overhaul and this worked. It corrected the CTD 5-10 seconds after game start. I still get a random CTD during what seem to be bloody battles. I'm disabling Mods little by little to find the additional culprit.
billxsand wrote: Ugh thank you so much I should have checked the nexus first... uninstalled and reinstalled everything multiple times, lololol
manofglory wrote: You sir! win the prize
scag318 wrote: work for me! THX!
Desie wrote: What if we don't use that mod? I see everyone talking about this but I don't use it. Should I install that mod and then do what you said? ;aifejwakfa;oiewajfldskja CTDDDDDDDDDDDDD
jerryh72 wrote: People who don't have that mod have the same ctd problem , this same problem came with the last update not just this one . If even the first update came out before i already put to many hours in too be able get a refund on this s#*! game , but no they let you play a stable version a few weeks before making it worse instead of better . If they want to fix it they should start by either using NewVegas or skyrims already working controls , dialog , animations , using the same format so we could just copy past mods from Skyrim too Fallout 4. No they use a completely different language , as if to say F;[]=-.u to the players modders and the Nexus mod site !
blackmumba1 wrote: Yeah, worked for me too, which is a relief because I was thinking I would have to reload the game and play vanilla FO4. Though, the update also revived Swan for some reason, not sure why, but I got to kill him again, so there's that
Centerman wrote: The Gore Overhaul caused a quick CTD. Got rid of it but I still crash but now only in a firefight with Raiders or Super Mutants. Disabled every Mod and .esp but still crashed during a fight. Deleted the .ini files and ran plain Vanilla FO4. Game did not crash and ran well. I suspect it's a stray texture, mesh, or something that is in the game directory.
TheFinestSake wrote: THANK YOU!
hanageboubounosuke wrote: You are a hero.
julio131 wrote: but...but I don't use that MOD and still get CTD 5-10 seconds after the game started. :(
tardmehigh wrote: Thank you so much! Have used like 2,5 hours trying "this and that" with no luck. Again, thank you
Nordland1 wrote: If you still get CTD's with mods installed then try with disable the whole Textures folder without uninstalling the mods.
Beacuse (as far as I know) there is no mods that runs with scripts yet, so there is a big chance that it is textures or meshes that are causing the CTD's.

I'm not an expert on these things but this is how I found out that it was the Gore Overhaul that was causing problems for me.
I have been playing for about 1h and still no CTD.
swissper2 wrote: Confirmed. Fixed the CTD for me also.

I uninstalled the "Gore Overhaul" mod, and it works.
Loading a new .ini file and do all my tweaks again, no problem, stable as normal again.
Thank you for the hint.

:)

In response to post #34088275. #34095225, #34095350, #34097140 are all replies on the same post.

ahycb wrote: I updated f4se, ran LOOT, and then used the f4se launcher to launch the game (as I always do). I have 50 mods installed. I played for about 10 minutes with no problems so far.
RiOrus2 wrote: what interests me is how the hell you managed to get LOOT working for fallout 4?
Skitkjell wrote: Same here. It's all weird with my FO4 x) I've resorted to manually sorting them.
ryuuou wrote: You can get working LOOT from here: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/5310/?

I've had a fart around with that but can't get the little monkey to recognise fallout 4 is actually there

In the past I waited at least a year before buying and playing a Bethesda RPG. This time I did not. I decided I would suffer with everyone else. I waited a month after Fallout 4 came out and then took the plunge.

The result? Fallout 4 has turned out to be the most stable Bethesda game I have ever played. I have logged almost 200 hours of game play, and I have not experienced one single CTD. I have 32 mods installed via NMM, organize with LOOT, launch with F4SE, and run the game with ultra settings. I installed the beta patch (now out of beta) when it was first made available. The patch improved game play and graphics and was never a problem.

Thank you, Bethesda, for such a stable and fun game.

In response to post #34086870. #34102205, #34103270 are all replies on the same post.

Brumear wrote: I think its to do with leveling...
Game runs great till I reach a new level and then it CTD can run all over the place if I don't get XP to next level.
lecter66100 wrote: any solutions to that?
Brumear wrote: Nope

Tried all the Ideas I seen here and nothing

Uninstall/Reinstall, No Mods, Delete INI Files, don't have gore mod

just got to wait for the Muppet's to hear all the Rants and come up with a FIX

great too do all the work for them to debug it...

yea, i confirm, immediately leveling up crash, reinstalling the game, new game, no mods, delete ini. i hope someone fix this mess

Ok so now Mods like Spring Cleaning,Scrap Everything dont work anymore ,Trash i could remove before the Patch worked ,now Bethesda seems to lock that all again ,i had a Total reset of all my Settlements ,all i removed is BACK.

Bethesda sorry but i hate ya :(

In response to post #34082170. #34096340, #34099685 are all replies on the same post.

Nostalgiaheart wrote: This really suck - everytime Bethesda does something - something breaks.......I should have waited before buying.
Eruadur wrote: Or: should have waited installing mods ( third party software ) . Because I'm sure the game runs perfectly without any mods at all, right ?
Blame Bethesda all you want....
speedynl wrote: game runs fine with latest patch, but then again all my ini edits where done in custom ini + i have only 4 esp with edits that i did myself, even my esp that remove 70% of all crap from game works flawless

Vanilla wasn't flawless........I could not count the problems this game has between my hands and feet. If they would had spent more time in development and not hype....it could have been a better game. Just a thought

In response to post #34068410. #34072035, #34078570, #34079200, #34080150, #34080220, #34080510, #34080620, #34082100, #34091260 are all replies on the same post.

prodajie wrote: Since the update I'm getting a CTD when attempting to enter build mode for any settlement.
huenni87 wrote: Same here. CTD when I enter the build mode. I try disable Settlement Keywords, Snap and Build and Alternetive Settlements but it doesn't help.
ludvig08 wrote: same here nothing
Enuvielle wrote: same here getting ctd when in build mode
Enuvielle wrote: i disabled enhanced blood and now the game works fine
Kelleth wrote: Go check your SetDressing folder in Textures, if you have any files for the Flag, delete them.
sydney666 wrote: Do you have GORE Overhaul installed? I had similar crashes - some totally unrelated to that mod, but it was causing CTD. When I uninstalled it, my game now does not crash any more. I have 184 mods installed, but only 30 or so mods actually install esps. Most of my mods are new or improved textures...
ludvig08 wrote: uninstall every mods. think i got all the loose addons too..
i do have sweetFX could that be the one?
Nostalgiaheart wrote: I'm able to build ---- BUT lost my F & G for rotation when trying to build - only works on mouse now. =(((( :(
SalazarDrago wrote: yea me as well, no flag files in my texture folder

hey so i figured out a fix, for me it was this mod

Fallout 4 - D4U (Dualshock 4 UI)

Anything that modifies the workshop.swf in the fallout4/data/interface will cause a ctd, so remove workshop.swf and this fixed it for me.