Anguti222

So far:

NCR -nearly done just matching the sleeves to the duster after choosing the duster colour and testing it in-game (picture in previous post)

I think the sleeveless version of the NCR is going to look even more western than the promotional art duster. That's going to be a good look.

Independent - Need to rig the duster to the outfit and making matching sleeves from the overcoat (suit textures done though)

No prob, I'll muck around with it. I'm thinking the overcoat is the way to go since it looks pretty close to teh google images of dusters. Highlight are a little sharp but those were easy to tone down. Color matching was a pain, so what I just decided to do was to use that desaturate (not the hue/saturate tool) tool that essentially made it a gray scale to set it as a base. Then I thought I'd put the that weird greenish blue with sepia highlight of hte courrier duster back in. But it turned out a gray looked a lot better by itself. And it gives the independent version it's own unique color (not a huge change, but noticeable), and all parts are a perfect color match.

I'm not sure if we need sleeve less versions as each version will look sufficiently unique. As mentioned before they should be easy to do if people still want them

They do look completely individual, no problem with distinguishing them apart. But we should do the sleeveless versions for a couple of reasons. 1. it's easy 2. some people will still prefer the sleeveless to sleeved, regardless of how they are personalized. Just like how Anguti222 (OP) wants a sleeved version.

The Legion one is the only case where that (2 versions) might be a little iffy, since you'v got one sleeve on and one sleeve off.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also I'm thinking it might be nice to have a little item or two that are unique to the themed outfits. For instance on the ranger civ outfit for the NCR duster, it might be nice to have a silver brahmin skull bola tie, or some sort of bull buckle on the legion belt buckle. Even something like a new texture on the NCR shirt may go a long ways. Say a re-colored version of Daniels checkered shirt for instance. Just to make them a little more unique from the base outfits we're using. That way you don't look at the dusters and instantly see the base form, like "oh that's the ranger civ outfit".

Since you'v basicly got the NCR and Legion dusters mostly hammered out I'll try to add some unique accessories or textures to the base outfits & work on the independant

• 2 weeks later...

I did a bit more work on the legion duster but blender keeps crashing on saving so I haven't done much more. I'll reinstall it at the weekend and try and get another version house/independent done on Sunday

I did a bit more work on the legion duster but blender keeps crashing on saving so I haven't done much more. I'll reinstall it at the weekend and try and get another version house/independent done on Sunday

Flamenx01, what's your opinion on an armored vest/breastplate? We have some good resources. Breastplates galore for the legion, good old ncr ranger vet/riot gear for the bear, Graham's for old world (and possibly independent). With a DT just two under combat armor it seems like there should be more to it than some leather/clothes.

Also curious about what you think of Nevada's flag on the independent instead of a spade? I like the slogan "Battle Born" here is a pic

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/64/Nevada_state_flag.png

In re: to blender there is an older version I use that is self contained, no install necessary. It looks like oblivion nexus isn't loading for me, but you can find it with the keyword "blender". It's a on older ver of blender and scripts, but I havn't had any problem with it except for some animation nodes on weapons. It was a temporary solution until I got around to installing the newest blender and scripts, but it worked so well I'v been using it for months.

It's cool I worked out I accidentaly un-installed python and for some reason the folder I was saving to was set to read only but that's it fixed now. I think the armored alternatives are a good idea but I'm not sure about using Graham's armor as it uses stuff from another DLC but I suppose that if someone has LR they most likely will have HH.
How about:
Armored:
Combat Ranger - NCR, Centurion - Legion, Graham's vest over the pinstriped suit - House, Assassin Armor(from dead money) - Independent
Light:
Ranger (the one I've already made),Legion - !not sure!, pinstriped suit - House, vault 21 suit - Indpendent

As I said not sure about the legion light version.

How about changing houses logo to 21 ace then giving independent Nevada's flag. That way house doesn't have Ulysses flag (which never made much sense to me anyway)?

Edited by flamenx01

How about:
Armored:
Light:

sounds good, I do like having a choice (although I'll probably take armored to justify the 13DT) and I think a lot of players will appreciate it too.

I suppose that if someone has LR they most likely will have HH.

True, probably don't need to worry too much about it.

As I said not sure about the legion light version.

Here's an idea (not necessarily a good one), for the light legion, that would be really distinctive. What about Caesars clothes? It's pretty grandiose, but it's as unique as you can get. Might even make sense in a way as the Courier would have to have done quite a bit for Caesar to be allied with the faction by the time lonesome road comes along. And it's a pretty cool looking set of clothes, especially with that big golden emblem. Alternately you could just include the emblem along with some legion clothes (I don't see any without armor). Alternately if the sports armor is a separate vertex group you might be able to just remove it, and see if there is anything underneath.

Armored:
Combat Ranger - NCR, Centurion - Legion, Graham's vest over the pinstriped suit - House, Assassin Armor(from dead money) - Independent

Your suggestion for the Assassin suit makes more sense than mine (for the armored vault 21 jumpsuit), since it's at least some decent DT, but it feels like were still missing an opportunity. Lets see if there is something we can come up with that really encompasses the lone wander/courier independence and is a decent DT.

How about changing houses logo to 21 ace then giving independent Nevada's flag. That way house doesn't have Ulysses flag (which never made much sense to me anyway)?

I have to admit I'm sort of enamored of the old world flag, love that graphic. I'd hate to loose it. I'm not sure how much it represents House per se. Maybe it is fitting, ie old world greed, old world tech, things that reflect House.