Anguti222

What do you think of the fancy gambler, add the pen stripes from the suite you had in the pic? I like that tie, reminds me a bit of a bola tie. Actually a bola tie with a silver or gold brahmin skull would be even more cool.

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20101212192210/fallout/images/b/b6/Fancy_gambler_suit.png

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could give the suit a shot over the weekend if I'm not too busy

I had a quick go at a legion and NCR versions more just for concept (I'm a bit out of practise on mesh and texture work)
http://i1058.photobucket.com/albums/t407/Flamenx01/Legion1_zps088ec021.png

http://i1058.photobucket.com/albums/t407/Flamenx01/NCR_zps9fb59d30.png

I messed up with the clipping and textures a bit on the legion one and I think the NCR duster would look better in brown or tan

Edited by flamenx01

That is looking dam good brother. I was also thinking of trying the overcoat sleeves for some of the dusters. The bracers(?) look good on the NCR and Legion, although there is a lot of bleed over to the ranger vet duster. But if we don't want bracers on the Yesman & House (and/or NCR/Legion) the overcoat is the only sleeves I'v found that seem to really match the dusters without the forearm's being tied down. I suspect there no reason they won't fit fine with the ranger vet duster shoulders as well.

What do you think about including a sleeveless version of each as well, in addition to sleeved? The reason I ask is it would look pretty cool with the legion one. A sleeveless legion duster will let us show off teh bracer, elbow and pauldron you see on a lot of the legion military. It would mean 4 more dusters, but most of the work would already be done and shared between the sleeved and sleeveless versions. Also curious what you think of the legion duster being the only one with a kilt? It's certainly make it unique from the other 3 factions.

I may have Sunday evening off, if so I'll try and throw some stuff together. But I'd like to hear your opinions/thoughts.

Yeah sleeveless should be pretty easy and I think we should be able to make the overcoat arms fit (or the US Army General Outfit?)on the Indep/House. I did want to add elbow pads, bracers and shoulders to the legion one so that will work perfectly on the sleeveless one. For the other ones would we do completely sleevelss (arms showing) or show the sleeves of the clothing under?

What are we doing for the house design?

I was thinking about giving the legion one a kilt but I'm not sure about clipping. I need to redo the legion mesh anyway since I only got half if the clipping removed so I will see how the kilt looks. Which armor should I use under it? I was thinking centurion but one of the other less armored ones may look better.

As I said I'll try and get that gambler suit done later today if I'm not too busy.

Here is the NCR mesh
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fogivqi5p7165ch/NCRDuster.nif

and the legion textures:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wcwqk3gqil4d1fq/VdzxIyA44P

Edited by flamenx01

Yeah sleeveless should be pretty easy and I think we should be able to make the overcoat arms fit on the Indep/House.

That's the way I'm thinking we should go too. That way it looks like a typical duster (at least form the google images I saw), but the NCR & the Legion ones have their own distinctive sleeves.

Here is the trenchcoat sleves (mediafire is freak'n out, so I'm going to try my dropbox account;

http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u404/devinlpatterson/trenchCoatSleves1_zps3f0eceec.jpg

I think they will look really good once the colors are matched up, but one problem is that there are no meatcaps on the trench coat. I guess since it's the model for the mysterious stranger, he can't really be killed, so they didn't care about dismemberment. I'v never run across that in a human model/outfit before & I don't know if I can just add the meatcaps and call it good. If not I suppose it's not a huge deal since it's an outfit worn only by the player. Not sure.....may have to go with the us general as you suggested.

I did want to add elbow pads, bracers and shoulders to the legion one so that will work perfectly on the sleeveless one. For the other ones would we do completely sleevelss (arms showing) or show the sleeves of the clothing under?

That will look good. Definitely sleeveless/arms showing, for the Legion. Not only will it make it easy to add the Legion armor, but it reinforces the whole legion philosophy of physical fitness/discipline.

For the house/old world, I think the sleeveless duster should look like the promotional art (off white shirt, think there is one from honest hearts in there).

For Yesman/21 the suit sleeves might work for the sleveless version of it's duster. Or a shirt for the sleeveless...not sure, but if we're going for a gambler look (and I think the yesman/21 duster should give that impression) I don't think bare skin would work well on it.

For the sleeveless version of the NCR I'm not sure....any thoughts? There is some great ranger clothes, as you have in your models, and I'm betting they are probably the way to go. I can't really think of any bare skinned arms that would shout NCR to me.

I was thinking about giving the legion one a kilt but I'm not sure about clipping. I need to redo the legion mesh anyway since I only got half if the clipping removed so I will see how the kilt looks. Which armor should I use under it? I was thinking centurion but one of the other less armored ones may look better.

The Centurion would probably look the best, since it's the only arms that look unique compared to the other legion outfits. Assuming the metal pauldron on the right arm isn't too unbalanced looking (or if it is, can be removed adn their is something under the mesh). It would be great to have at least the Centurion vambrace/bracer (whatever it's called) if it's a separate mesh or vertex group and can be edited easily. Otherwise all the other legion outfits seem to have the same arms, so any of them could work.

Kind of tangentially related, but....I was working on a request. It's pretty simple, it just adds visable wear and tear visibly to the armor model (well actually swaps out models that look more beat up, depending on the armors health) based on it's health. Had trouble with the script, but if I work it out I wonder if it would be worthwhile to put it on the dusters? I'd really, really like to get the animated nif on there so it can flutter in teh wind outside, but it looks like a lot of work to learn.

I think they will look really good once the colors are matched up, but one problem is that there are no meatcaps on the trench coat. I guess since it's the model for the mysterious stranger, he can't really be killed, so they didn't care about dismemberment. I'v never run across that in a human model/outfit before & I don't know if I can just add the meatcaps and call it good. If not I suppose it's not a huge deal since it's an outfit worn only by the player. Not sure.....may have to go with the us general as you suggested.

Just go with meat caps from another outfit that's worked for me in the past a few times

For the house/old world, I think the sleeveless duster should look like the promotional art (off white shirt, think there is one from honest hearts in there).

How about the powder gangers shirt for that one?

Here is the suit for the independent one so far (still need to rig it to the duster):

http://i1058.photobucket.com/albums/t407/Flamenx01/Indepsuit_zpse819c170.png

What colour should the tie be?

The Centurion would probably look the best, since it's the only arms that look unique compared to the other legion outfits. Assuming the metal pauldron on the right arm isn't too unbalanced looking (or if it is, can be removed adn their is something under the mesh). It would be great to have at least the Centurion vambrace/bracer (whatever it's called) if it's a separate mesh or vertex group and can be edited easily. Otherwise all the other legion outfits seem to have the same arms, so any of them could work.

Cool will work on that next then

Kind of tangentially related, but....I was working on a request. It's pretty simple, it just adds visable wear and tear visibly to the armor model (well actually swaps out models that look more beat up, depending on the armors health) based on it's health. Had trouble with the script, but if I work it out I wonder if it would be worthwhile to put it on the dusters? I'd really, really like to get the animated nif on there so it can flutter in teh wind outside, but it looks like a lot of work to learn.

Yeah shouldn't be too hard leave it till the end though. Yeah animations do look cool but they do look very hard to do.

Edit: Note to self remember to actually save the mesh in blender before you exit :facepalm: Legion take 3

Edited by flamenx01

I had another go at the legion version:

http://i1058.photobucket.com/albums/t407/Flamenx01/Legion2_zpsdce48128.png

I haven't fully fixed the clipping yet and still need to add the left sleeve. I was also thinking the shoulder from the legate armor may look better on the left shoulder than the one that's there just now. What do you think?

Edited by flamenx01

I haven't fully fixed the clipping yet and still need to add the left sleeve. I was also thinking the shoulder from the legate armor may look better on the left shoulder than the one that's there just now. What do you think?

I think I made a poor sugestion. The pic of the centurion armor I saw in the wiki did not give a very good representation of the size of that gladiator armor on the right arm. I didn't realize it was nearly so bulky. Frankly I'd just 86 it, it looks like it's off of power armor and doesn't fit well with light armor like our duster, IMHO. The other, left arm, however, looks great on the duster.

How about the old world flag jacket with sleeves ripped from the NCR ranger jacket. That's all I would want.

That's what I was planning for a sleeved version of Ulysses outfit.

So far:
NCR -nearly done just matching the sleeves to the duster after choosing the duster colour and testing it in-game (picture in previous post)
Caesar's Legion - Need to replace the power armor side with a sleeved version (so sleeved on one arm and short/no sleeved on the other)
Independent - Need to rig the duster to the outfit and making matching sleeves from the overcoat (suit textures done though)
House - Based on the concept art powder-gangers shirt not sure about trousers (short sleeved)
Sleeved Ulysses - A non replacer sleeved version of Ulysses duster

I'm not sure if we need sleeve less versions as each version will look sufficiently unique. As mentioned before they should be easy to do if people still want them