Running Multiple Master files in Creation Kit

Viecile

I only have the dawnguard dlc and here is how my archive looks after getting it to successfully load 9+ non dlc esm files at once

http://i67.tinypic.com/315n905.png

i added the lines in general

sLanguage=ENGLISH

bAllowMultipleMasterLoads=1

bAllowMultipleMasterFiles=1

http://i65.tinypic.com/nyfy8w.png

And i added Dawnguard.bsa to the top and bottom of SResourceArchiveList=Skyrim

I hope this helps :smile:

Edited by Mcdoye

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Okday, so I did as everyone had suggested but I am still running into the same issue as the orginal poster.

Seems like it doesn't want to load more then the main Skyrim master file.

Error I get:

Assert

File: C:\_Skyrim\Code\TESV\TES Shared\misc\BGLocalizedString.cpp

Line:2871

LOCALIZATION:Error opening or reading strings file.

I hit Ignore button and get this in turn.

MASTERFILE: LOCALIZATION:Zero entries or empty block size read from strings file STRINGS/Hearthfires_ENGLISH.Strings. Strings wil be missing.

So I hit Yes to all. Then it Does the whole Microsoft Windows:

Creation Kit has stopped working

Check online for a solution and Close the program

or

Close the program.

This is very annoyed and I hope someone can answer my call for help.

WOW I am super late to this party, but i found the solution to your problem because I just solved it not five minutes ago after finding this post. SO here is what i did. In your archive section of the SkyrimEditor.ini you will find

SArchiveList=Skyrim - Textures.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes.bsa, Skyrim - Animations.bsa, Skyrim - Voices.bsa, Skyrim - Interface.bsa, Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Skyrim - Sounds.bsa, Skyrim - VoicesExtra.bsa, Skyrim - Shaders.bsa

so i added

, Update.bsa, Dawnguard.bsa, Hearthfires.bsa, Dragonborn.bsa

after the Shaders.bsa.

Then in the sResourceArchiveList2 part the hearthfire.bsa was giving me problems so further looking i found it has to be HEARTHFIRES.bsa

so it would look like this

SResourceArchiveList2=Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Update.bsa, Dawnguard.bsa, Hearthfires.bsa, Dragonborn.bsa

That solved the problem for me I hope it helps you if you are still looking for the answer 5 years later. Or if anyone comes to this post i hope my answer helps

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Solution confirmed regarding the above ancient issue. Simply spell "hearthfires.bsa" correctly when adding it to the sResourceArchiveList2 variable string. I made the mistake of cutting and pasting the bsa list above and found that "Heartfire" does not work. :ohmy: Foiled by a simple typo & a lazy arse... Use Olgark's link above to get the complete set of requirements, ready for cut&paste.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Okday, so I did as everyone had suggested but I am still running into the same issue as the orginal poster.

Seems like it doesn't want to load more then the main Skyrim master file.

Error I get:

Assert

File: C:\_Skyrim\Code\TESV\TES Shared\misc\BGLocalizedString.cpp

Line:2871

LOCALIZATION:Error opening or reading strings file.

I hit Ignore button and get this in turn.

MASTERFILE: LOCALIZATION:Zero entries or empty block size read from strings file STRINGS/Hearthfires_ENGLISH.Strings. Strings wil be missing.

So I hit Yes to all. Then it Does the whole Microsoft Windows:

Creation Kit has stopped working

Check online for a solution and Close the program

or

Close the program.

This is very annoyed and I hope someone can answer my call for help.

WOW I am super late to this party, but i found the solution to your problem because I just solved it not five minutes ago after finding this post. SO here is what i did. In your archive section of the SkyrimEditor.ini you will find

SArchiveList=Skyrim - Textures.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes.bsa, Skyrim - Animations.bsa, Skyrim - Voices.bsa, Skyrim - Interface.bsa, Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Skyrim - Sounds.bsa, Skyrim - VoicesExtra.bsa, Skyrim - Shaders.bsa

so i added

, Update.bsa, Dawnguard.bsa, Hearthfires.bsa, Dragonborn.bsa

after the Shaders.bsa.

Then in the sResourceArchiveList2 part the hearthfire.bsa was giving me problems so further looking i found it has to be HEARTHFIRES.bsa

so it would look like this

SResourceArchiveList2=Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Update.bsa, Dawnguard.bsa, Hearthfires.bsa, Dragonborn.bsa

That solved the problem for me I hope it helps you if you are still looking for the answer 5 years later. Or if anyone comes to this post i hope my answer helps

This fixed my issue that and adding in the bAllowMultipleMasterLoads=1

• 6 months later...