Help moving vortex directory

Go to solution Solved by HadToRegister,

Hi,
Today I tried to move my vortex folder from the C: drive to my main drive because the C: drive has very little space. However every time I launched vortex a new vortex installation was automatically created in the C: drive, all of the directories and the profile would be reset, and none of the mods would work. I fully deleted all vortex files from my computer and reinstalled using the custom install directory from the nexus mods website, and had the exact same issue. How do I correctly set my vortex installation to be on the main drive and have it work properly? When I looked at similar issues to this I found the instructions unrelated or otherwise unhelpful to me in this situation.

In addition uninstalling the program using the "Uninstall Vortex" application doesn't uninstall Vortex, it simply deletes the mods. The folder in my main drive as well as the mystically reappearing one in my :C drive are still intact and infact even after Vortex is "uninstalled" I can launch it and make (ineffective) changes to options.

Thank you in advance.

Edited by JosephStalinLeninSuccessor

• Solution

Hi,

Today I tried to move my vortex folder from the C: drive to my main drive because the C: drive has very little space. However every time I launched vortex a new vortex installation was automatically created in the C: drive, all of the directories and the profile would be reset, and none of the mods would work. I fully deleted all vortex files from my computer and reinstalled using the custom install directory from the nexus mods website, and had the exact same issue. How do I correctly set my vortex installation to be on the main drive and have it work properly? When I looked at similar issues to this I found the instructions unrelated or otherwise unhelpful to me in this situation.

In addition uninstalling the program using the "Uninstall Vortex" application doesn't uninstall Vortex, it simply deletes the mods. The folder in my main drive as well as the mystically reappearing one in my :C drive are still intact and infact even after Vortex is "uninstalled" I can launch it and make (ineffective) changes to options.

Thank you in advance.

You didn't have to move Vortex, what you were missing isa to just move the Mod Staging Folder and the Download Folder, easily done from within Vortex

Here's where to move the Download Directory from within Vortex

Vortex-Download-Folder.jpg

Here's where to move the Mod Staging Folder

Vortex-Staging-Folder.jpg