Cleaning - BOSS vs Wrye Bash Plugin Checker

Savagegrace

Greets!

I've got the latest Tes4Edit, BOSS and Wrye Bash. Boss tells me all's clean. But when I run Wrye's Plugin Checker it gives me this:

Check Plugins
This is a report of any problems Wrye Bash was able to identify in your currently installed plugins.

Cleaning With TES4Edit Needed
The following plugins have deleted references or other issues that can and should be fixed with TES4Edit. Visit the Tome of xEdit for more information.

• DLCBattlehornCastle.esp: 2 deleted references

So? Is this a known issue? Do I ignore this?

I tried using the Non-Auto Clean Tes4Edit, but the maker has killed that function.

Suggestions?

Thanks!

When was the last time you downloaded Tes4Edit?

It come with two exe's. The usual TES4Edit.exe and a new TES4EditQuickAutoClean.exe. Attempting to use the old one to clean tells you to use the other one.

So you've never cleaned the DLC's BOSS tells you to clean?

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

The last time I downloaded Tes4Edit was August 27th, 2020, TesEdit 4.03 and I only use the regular Tes4Edit, not the AutoClean one, which is 8 months after it was updated to 4.03, so I have the current one, and it doesn't tell me to use the AutoClean one.

It's divided about 50/50 whether you should clean the DLC or Not.

BOSS usually tells you you clean them, but BOSS was last updated in 2016.

I get the impression that LOOT still gets updated so that is the one I use now. I did clean my DLC's and it seems I did not break anything really. The only ones you should never clean is the Unofficial updates as every one of those changes are supposed to be there.

Edited by Pellape

Excellent!

Thanks, I'll be using Loot from now on. The issue was BOSS finding 2 extra deleted References in the Battlehorn DLC.

HadToRegister, apparently they got tired of all the Newbies asking about cleaning.

"-quickautoclean" does work for Tes4Edit.exe, just as it should. However, you can no longer do a manual clean from Tes4Edit.exe.

Attempting to use either "Apply Filter for Cleaning" in the drop down menu brings up a dialog telling you to use the AutoClean exe.

Also, it says you can now "Hide" the Cleaning drop downs.....too funny.

Thanks to you both for your time and input!

SG

You should ALWAYS clean mods that are dirty. There are NEVER any situation where ITMs or UDRs are acceptable. If you think they are you made a bad mod. Please clean the official DLC plugins. This is not up for debate. If you want an object that has the same value as its master, you don't need to include the object again. If you modify it at all it is no longer ITM

Edited by KatsAwful

There isn't a debate. There's no reason for dirty plugins. The official plugins are dirty cause its Bethesda and expecting that to be the intention and not just Bethesda having buggy games is kinda ridiculous. It's not 50/50, a large majority of mod authors are for cleaning the official DLC and all dirty plugins

There isn't a debate. There's no reason for dirty plugins. The official plugins are dirty cause its Bethesda and expecting that to be the intention and not just Bethesda having buggy games is kinda ridiculous. It's not 50/50, a large majority of mod authors are for cleaning the official DLC and all dirty plugins

Well, looks like I read the list wrong.

Looks like I mixed up the Unofficial Patches with the DLC

I know you can run into trouble with cleaning the FONV DLC

from https://cs.elderscrolls.com/index.php?title=TES4Edit_Cleaning_Guide

Quick List of What & What Not to Clean

• Do NOT clean any FCOM files that come in the FCOM archive.
  • Do NOT clean SM Plugin Refurbish…unless you really understood this guide.
  • Do NOT the unofficial patches (UOP, USIP, UMP). They have already been cleaned.
  • Do clean WarCry & Bob’s Armory.
  • Do clean the official DLC.
  • Do clean just about everything else…