Hello mod authors, please stay in touch!

Falina

And I'd like to ask mod users, not just mod authors, to voice their concerns and opposition in any way they can, here or elsewhere, then maybe we won't be in a situation where you'll have to ask for alternate links.

Otherwise, such requests sound like nothing but a disguised 'so where can we continue to get stuff" (For example, in case of ********, a person who's here from 2009 and so far gave like 9 endorsements to people he supposedly supports, this doesn't inspire belief in sincerity).

To those who think their voice don't matter I will repeat again,

I get your point, but rest assured that was not my intention at all. My own identity or activity on here means absolutely zero really, a few friends of mine are active modders here on Nexus and that's it, we usually communicate outside of the forums (Teamspeak and the likes). Still I feel this recent change affects so many people that I wanted to share my opinion, but as I said I won't dive deeper into the pro / contra discussions since, as you pointed out, my lack of track record would make for weak arguments anyway :wink:

That's not what I pointed out, what I pointed out was To those who think their voice don't matter I will repeat again,

And it's not about 'track records'. You also didn't say at the beginning of your post that you just use this to keep in touch with friends, what you said was "Hello, I've been a silent mod and nexus user for years" .

Regardless of how silent you was, or what you using this website for, you can act. You can act here, and you can act outside of here. And it means everything. Same also with a lack of actions. It would mean everything. And no excuses are viable. Right now while I'm typing this, the owner of this site is reading this topic.

qPnAixO.png

They are watching very carefully, guys. Don't disappoint them.

Edited by Duskill

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As one small modder, let me just say that I'm confused about this. Some people are able to make decisions right away, others not so much. At any rate, I've been reading a lot of people's opinions, both outside and inside Nexus. If you are as lost as I am, please use social networks if necessary. Twitter, Discord, other mod sites, Steam, whatever. Also, if there is anyone you interact with even a little bit, please talk to them about this. I get nervous when I talk to someone, but I have to do it. I'm sorry for going off topic and what I said is a repeat of what the first people in the topic said. But since someone posted a image with my name on it lol.

This website has really become draconian first mods were "a privilege" now it ironically becomes "a right" against author wishes, and ironically has made to some extent modding more difficult. People will now how to scour the internet for those mods that they wanted. The big guy should have simply made his system optional and I guarantee no one would have batted an eye, too late now.

Just some thoughts that led me to remove my files ( it's not about I can't remove files from the internet, so what? It's about faith and liability):

'"If my mod is abused elsewhere, I can do nothing about it. But I'm responsible for the permissions I give and I have to make sure permissions given by others to me are respected as well. An option to remove own mods from a site is essential. A decision wether my mods may be included into a published collection or not is essential. And who decides what mods go into a collection? There will be a preselection and it's for sure that many mods are sorted out.

It's like google: You see only what the search engine want to let you see, while other pages and sites vanish into nirvana. Some kind of classifications of mod authors could take place: Only the best for the collections, the most wanted, while others are merely acceptable or too specific for a broader society? Mod authors with a broad audience and many followers are preferred? Mod users will loose their choices, because many mods will simply be not visible anymore? If you start modding, it's a huge task to search the database for good stuff and time consuming. But does this justify a preselection? Every attempt to make it easier for users is at the same time an incapacitation. "

I maybe wrong. There is no transparency that allows me to know what's really going on.

I just want to finish my work and share it with the comunity in a fair way. I don't need obstacles thrown into my way from my file hoster. I'm currently searching for a new hoster and after reading many terms of services and privacy documents from other platforms, I think I will publish on AFK mods. I will not delete my account here, I will post announcements, videos and screenshots to inform the comunity of my activities and updates, as long as it is allowed. But my files go elsewhere.

Edited by Tasheni

Just a word of warning stay away from shaken-mods they steal mod-authors work and claim as their own. They already stole Teylin mods:

1.Mour - Fully Voiced Halfdragon Follower

2.Acalypha - Fully voiced follower

You can find this mods by using google and if you still looking for alternative sites don't choose them they won't respect your rights.

Just a word of warning stay away from shaken-mods they steal mod-authors work and claim as their own. They already stole Teylin mods: 1.Mour - Fully Voiced Halfdragon Follower 2.Acalypha - Fully voiced follower You can find this mods by using google and if you still looking for alternative sites don't choose them they won't respect your rights.

And that is a large part of the problem. Nexus went to great lengths to respect mod authors for quite some time, and became the dominant download site for a fair few games. (most notably, beth games) Most of the other major download sites went by the wayside years ago. There are a collection of smaller mod sites out there, but, nothing even near approaching the scale of Nexus. So, there simply aren't a lot of alternatives out there, that have the good reputation that Nexus USED to have...... With the moves they have been making recently, there is zero reason to trust Nexus any longer. Their actions have blown that right out of the water.

Just a word of warning stay away from shaken-mods they steal mod-authors work and claim as their own. They already stole Teylin mods: 1.Mour - Fully Voiced Halfdragon Follower 2.Acalypha - Fully voiced follower You can find this mods by using google and if you still looking for alternative sites don't choose them they won't respect your rights.

Also, shaken or shacken or whatever mods thing, has CP charges. Stay well way from that place.

And that is a large part of the problem. Nexus went to great lengths to respect mod authors for quite some time, and became the dominant download site for a fair few games. (most notably, beth games) Most of the other major download sites went by the wayside years ago. There are a collection of smaller mod sites out there, but, nothing even near approaching the scale of Nexus. So, there simply aren't a lot of alternatives out there, that have the good reputation that Nexus USED to have...... With the moves they have been making recently, there is zero reason to trust Nexus any longer. Their actions have blown that right out of the water.

I hear that another well known site is setting up something to try to compete with the Nexus.