Banner For Scheduled Downtime Suggestion - Use it whenever there's a change in the ToS or a new Poll/Questionnaire etc

HadToRegister

So, it's really easy to easy to see the banner on every mod page at the top notifying everybody of the upcoming downtime on August 3rd.

I'd suggest using the banner to announce changes to the ToS and other equally important things as well, like Polls, and Questionnaires etc.

There have been a few polls/questionnaires I've missed out on, because I usually stumble across the thread announcing the Poll I never knew about, is already closed.

I tend to look at the Game Section of the Nexus more than the Forum section, plus, it's just a LOT easier to see a bright yellow banner that just appears one day, announcing something.
Much much easier to see than a Forum thread Title like "Poll - What do you think about...?" etc.

I think using the banner in that way would elicit much more participation or responses in a Poll, or Questionnaire, or really call attention to when the ToS is changed so people can read up on it.
Heck, even announce the May Morrowind Modathon that way too, I rarely if ever see the News Stories that announce things due to the way they're laid out on the page, and I rarely look any farther down the page than the "View all 1,351 games" button.
NEWS, especially IMPORTANT News, should be right in your face, and should be what you see first.

Anyway, it's just a suggestion.

I agree with this. Especially with the current changes coming, it really should be front and center to make sure everyone is fully aware. I can imagine there are plenty of users who go straight to game pages looking for mods, and maybe even some authors who go straight to their mod pages ... and never see the news and updates for the site. I am actually kind of surprised this hasn't been done already.