Create new stewards in CK

Vudou

I've been looking around and it doesn't seem possible, so I thought I'd ask here in case someone does know of a way or something that most others don't...

Is it possible to create new NPC's that can also be a steward for the HearthFires houses? I don't use the houses, but I have them anyway and all built. I want to add stewards for the heck of it, but I don't care for most of the current in-game stewards and was wondering if I could create my own.

Yes, I already have a list of all the potential stewards I can have that are already in game... and this is WHY I'd like to create my own Stewards. Much like how most people like having a custom made follower; I would like a custom made steward.

I don't believe it's possible, otherwise I'm sure people would have already made some and uploaded their mods/stewards..... BUT I thought I'd ask anyway. Doesn't hurt to try.

On another note of this, I realize that I can just pick one that I kind of like with a certain fighting style and just edit their look in the CK and possibly their stats, BUT I don't like the random 'whatever' they keep repeating to me because of 'said quest' I did or helped with. That's the most annoying part and I'd rather make a new steward so they don't say and repeat none-sense that doesn't even apply to me in-game anymore. Or stuff I just don't care about. For example, I could edit Vilkas but he'll continue to talk about the Companions leadership cr*p. Or Roggi, who keeps talking about the meadery in Riften. See... that's why a fresh NPC without all those lines would be nice.

From looking in the CK it seems that most current followers will automatically offer to become a steward if you take them to your house. The quest that deals with stewards seems to only check that they are a follower and that they have voices in both the formlists "VoicesFollowerAll" and "BYOHVoicesNonUnique" which are lists comprising of mainly human voice types and some limited races such as male orc but not female orc and no beast races. So as long as you set your followers voice to one of the existing follower types that are human they should be able to become a steward. You could get round the race limitation probably by changing their voice type to a human one but it might seem a little odd.

If you want to mess around with adding custom voices then you would need to tick both the skyrim.esm and hearthfire.esm and load them up but make sure you have applied the fix here: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/21690/? otherwise the CK will just crash. Next add your voice type to the lists mentioned above. You would then need to load up the "BYOHHouseStewardOffer" quest and edit the dialogue.

I have not tested this but I have experimented with followers before and know how quests and scripting work so it should work.

Edited by djjohnjarvis

I'm not 100% sure, but since Creator kit is really a lot like constuction set. I suppose its quite the same.

If I'm right (and I can't garantee I am) you can ad a person by going to actors by right click and click a buton like: new, create, create new, something like that. You can chance setting by clicking on it to however you like. Make sure its in the folowerfaction, and make sure to ad her somewhere in the world in the render view, cause else she will not be in the world. Also, I would ad some conversations, but just basic stuff ^^.

Just gonna test how far it works :).

@djjohnjarvis - Yeah, I always make sure to check the voice files to see if they have the appropriate dialog in order for them to work correctly in game. So, I looked into making a steward today and it only took me 20 minutes to do it lol. Well less actually, because I didn't bother with all the stats, his looks, combat style, spells, etc. i just made a "test npc" and added in whatever I could find for house stewards, threw him into the game for a test drive... and well he works! I have been, however, testing him out for the past couple of hours in game now. Making sure he continues doing all he's suppose to as a steward. So far I have no issues.

Since no one has bothered to make any stewards for the game, this is now a project for me to do for the Nexus community. I know most people don't use the HF houses (I don't either), but some still do. So I'm going to go ahead and make a few more new stewards to choose from. Place them around Skyrim and upload the mod here for others to use. I COULD do this fairly quickly tonight and have it up in a few hours, BUT... I have real life work to do that I need to catch up on. So I will see about making this probably over the weekend. Or tomorrow if time permits.

Heh, I remember when I had no mods and was looking at the list of NPC's that can be stewards in game... there were only a few I liked. I think one of which I choose because there was no one else lol. Well, even though I do not actually live in the HF houses because I use a custom made home, it will be nice to know there's a good looking higher level NPC with good stats helping the housecarl to defend it anyway.

My Skyrim will now feels more "complete".

Edited by Baibaihe

• 6 months later...

I'm not 100% sure, but since Creator kit is really a lot like constuction set. I suppose its quite the same.

If I'm right (and I can't garantee I am) you can ad a person by going to actors by right click and click a buton like: new, create, create new, something like that. You can chance setting by clicking on it to however you like. Make sure its in the folowerfaction, and make sure to ad her somewhere in the world in the render view, cause else she will not be in the world. Also, I would ad some conversations, but just basic stuff ^^.

Just gonna test how far it works :smile:.

This is a great idea, I feel the same about the stewards on offer. I tried to use Kjargo (or whatever), the Khajiti who asks you to find his Moon Amulet, but he didn't have the dialogue. Make a few choices including some dishy guys (pretty please)!

• 1 year later...
  • 6 years later...

@djjohnjarvis - Yeah, I always make sure to check the voice files to see if they have the appropriate dialog in order for them to work correctly in game. So, I looked into making a steward today and it only took me 20 minutes to do it lol. Well less actually, because I didn't bother with all the stats, his looks, combat style, spells, etc. i just made a "test npc" and added in whatever I could find for house stewards, threw him into the game for a test drive... and well he works! I have been, however, testing him out for the past couple of hours in game now. Making sure he continues doing all he's suppose to as a steward. So far I have no issues.

Since no one has bothered to make any stewards for the game, this is now a project for me to do for the Nexus community. I know most people don't use the HF houses (I don't either), but some still do. So I'm going to go ahead and make a few more new stewards to choose from. Place them around Skyrim and upload the mod here for others to use. I COULD do this fairly quickly tonight and have it up in a few hours, BUT... I have real life work to do that I need to catch up on. So I will see about making this probably over the weekend. Or tomorrow if time permits.

Heh, I remember when I had no mods and was looking at the list of NPC's that can be stewards in game... there were only a few I liked. I think one of which I choose because there was no one else lol. Well, even though I do not actually live in the HF houses because I use a custom made home, it will be nice to know there's a good looking higher level NPC with good stats helping the housecarl to defend it anyway.

My Skyrim will now feels more "complete".

I know it's been years but... did you manage to add any beast race stewards?