XBOX 360 going downhill?

inggrish

Gaming systems  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these platforms (if any) do you own???

• Gaming PC
    • Nintendo Wii
    • Sony Playstation 3
    • Microsoft Xbox 360

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Sega CD was, it came out in the early 1990's, and it was ahead of its time when it came to cd play back.

Look at the release dates for some of the games, here's the link.

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/tags/index.php?tags=sega+cd

Hmmm interesting

I rember playing sonic Cd on a PS2 compication pack was really good

just been looking around this is interesting http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CD-i

developed in 1986

this is the first to use Cds

If anyone interested here is the specs for the mighty Sega CD, it was the first to have an add on for HD compeset video out, red, green, blue that sort of thing.

note it wasn't in high def, just that it had an option available like the psp.

take a look

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sega_Mega-CD

that is quite interesting actually. Makes me wonder why the n64 didn't use cds when they could have quite easily (as much as i love the n64, the cartridges couldn't exactly hold much data!)

that is quite interesting actually. Makes me wonder why the n64 didn't use cds when they could have quite easily (as much as i love the n64, the cartridges couldn't exactly hold much data!)

I'm not too sure, but if I were to guess, I'd think that it's because cartridges are solid-state memory forms and since the N64 didn't have much processing power or RAM, they used cartridges due to the fast read/write speeds. If you remember, you never saw a loading screen for those, did you?

My guess is that we're going to go back to using solid-state media for games fairly soon in the future. I can buy an 8 gig SD card for my PDA for about $30. I've got an 80 gig solid state drive in my PC I use for storing games, and, well, once you play a game that would normally take about 60 seconds to load and have it load in 3, well, you don't want to go back. I get accused for speed hacking on BF2142 online for the fact I load way before anyone else and can move ahead to the CP and start to capture it.

I was never into Xbox, I nearly always bought nintendo stuff when I was little. When I decided I needed some good FPS and action games I instantly thought PS3, to me it looks so much more worth it. I'm pretty sure I was right, i'm really happy with my ps3.