The Rise and Fall of Videogames

Slaiv

Taste........ That brings up a new idea - getting hammered underage in VR!!!! We're going on a bender!!!!!!!!! :P

I was just talking about how they would do it - without plugging directly into the center of our senses [aka our brain], they would physically have to do everything - have a revolving treadmill that changes vertical stance to represent hills, etc.... Have a plastic gun that you hold, etc.....

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't remember where i saw it... underwater would work! We could be suspended underwater, (or through antigravity for the SF buffs...) and that would stop our realistic movement, outside the game, while the sensors (think EKG) would pick up brainwaves (see note!) to interpret into the game.

This is a VERY primitive sounding example, since mind-controlled video games have been around since PONG. If you don't believe me, give me a chance to dig out my Game Informer with that article in it. There was a thing that gave you control over your atari through your own brainwaves. (The atari 2800 to boot... now, is there a USB converter?)

• 1 month later...
I honestly believe videogames will evolve... Into virtual games. Thers is always some unexplored corner in this buisness. I believe in about 5 years the first virtual reality game may come out not 20. Holograms have already been invented. (Yes they have... expect them soon in time square new york you can thank the advertising industry for that) So plainly this buisness will never end. Just imagine Minority Report. :D

Archived