F4 mods remain when uninstall & outfit studio issues

Grizfarb

Hello;

First thing is thanks for any help, second is I am old (62) and have no pc training, picking things up as I go.

I have successfully modded Skyrim se and have a working game with normal Bethesda bugs.

Fallout 4 is a different creature!

My issues...........

I have Vortex loaded with Skyrim se mods, this is also where F4 mods are managed, was playing and one mod (AAF) started to not work right, so I uninstalled all mods, purged vortex, uninstalled game thru Steam, deleted my vortex mod folder, and reinstalled game, reworked (removed mods I did not use) my mod list and installed them, and where I had a stable game before, now CTD's.

Also, I had "lots more settlers and enemies" which I did not reload, left alteration choices in looks menu.

Also, when using body slide, I open outfit studio and where before it showed F4 clothing now all Skyrim stuff.

Is there a ghost in my pc? What have I missed that I need to deep six? how do I really clean my pc to get back to where I was?

My mod list only got shorter; I did not add any.

I know a lot of folks will say I am stupid and have no business doing what I do not understand, but with this Covid thing and being bored to tears I switched from Xbox to pc and have not looked back.

I started Gaming with the first ever game, Pong. Boy we had some fun with that. Been playing Skyrim since it first came out, Xbox with no mods.

I bought my PC in 2-20-2020 Alienware Aurora Ryzen Edition

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor 3.59 GHz

16.0 GB RAM

Windows 10

500 Gb SSD.........C drive

1 Tb disk drive.... D Drive

Added 2 - 2 Tb WD Blue Sata SSD"s..... E & F Drives

Hello;

First thing is thanks for any help, second is I am old (62) and have no pc training, picking things up as I go.

I have successfully modded Skyrim se and have a working game with normal Bethesda bugs.

Fallout 4 is a different creature!

My issues...........

I have Vortex loaded with Skyrim se mods, this is also where F4 mods are managed, was playing and one mod (AAF) started to not work right, so I uninstalled all mods, purged vortex, uninstalled game thru Steam, deleted my vortex mod folder, and reinstalled game, reworked (removed mods I did not use) my mod list and installed them, and where I had a stable game before, now CTD's.

Also, I had "lots more settlers and enemies" which I did not reload, left alteration choices in looks menu.

Also, when using body slide, I open outfit studio and where before it showed F4 clothing now all Skyrim stuff.

Is there a ghost in my pc? What have I missed that I need to deep six? how do I really clean my pc to get back to where I was?

My mod list only got shorter; I did not add any.

I know a lot of folks will say I am stupid and have no business doing what I do not understand, but with this Covid thing and being bored to tears I switched from Xbox to pc and have not looked back.

I started Gaming with the first ever game, Pong. Boy we had some fun with that. Been playing Skyrim since it first came out, Xbox with no mods.

I bought my PC in 2-20-2020 Alienware Aurora Ryzen Edition

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor 3.59 GHz

16.0 GB RAM

Windows 10

500 Gb SSD.........C drive

1 Tb disk drive.... D Drive

Added 2 - 2 Tb WD Blue Sata SSD"s..... E & F Drives

Although I'm 12 years younger, PONG was my first game too ;) (@ age 3)

Went from that to Atari 2600, Commodore 64, PC 286, 386, 486 etc. and now an I9 10th-gen.

Never bothered PS or XB, as PC is 100x better. (but, yeah, they ask more from the user and windows can be buggy (by lack of a standard set of hardware))

Those who say you're stupid, should look at a mirror :P

I can't really help you with your issues though.

Except that I see you have multiple games supported by most of the tools. (pretty much anything FO4 also supports Skyrim. (They share a lot of engine & game mechanics)

So, you might have to re-configure outfit studio (amongst others) to look for Fallout 4, instead of Skyrim.

What is strange, Body slide shows fallout 4 items and when I click on outfit studio (lower right corner) I get outfits from Skyrim.

Can someone please tell me how to clean all game files (F4) from my PC properly as I feel I missed something, and it kept files to mess my new install.

Do I need a separate mod manager for each game??

Thanks, Griz

Vortex should work just fine, no matter how many different games it is managing.

Theoretically, "Purge all mods" *should* remove them all from your game, and check the data folder in the install directory should only show base game files, and whatever DLC you may have. That might be a question for the Vortex support forums.