Random CTD almost everywhere after update to 1.10.163.0

JonathanNighthawk

> romalight : i know, i only had planned to install in future one mod that adds lots of textures and an ESP file for activate it (a "cosmetic" mod that adds posters and paints and so on, that i want to test in future), and it have its own "uninstall holotape" , all the others just have their own directories with textures that goes in the "data/etc..." folder, and all of them are marked as "safe to remove just deleting files" from the modders page, anyway thanks for the tip, i know that lots of users does not know that particular risk ( i also was not knowing it in the past, and made a mess the first time ;) )

> StormWolf01 : will try also this CT, thanks, in fact is a good idea, this of "forks", til now i just made saves before add any new mod, but your suggestion seem more practical.

I already ended the game 2 times in the past, in 2 different ways, now i'm mainly playing for the fun to test new things and options and mods (if also you have the game from so much time, i think you know what i mean :) )

I use the expansion boundaries only for zones where the original ones are really too small, for this i choosed the individual ones instead the all-in-one pack, til now they have not made any differences, trying to use or not use them, but you are right, an incompatibility with new version may cause problems, trying to limit them just for really bad designed original boundaries ... the same for the "breakthewallsdown" ones, i already noticed that the version present on nexus have problems with the updated game, half of the zones where they was working with no problem in old game, now don't work, anyway i was never using it for build outside boundaries also in old game, just for avoid to become kicked off the workshop when i am doing actions near the boundaries (probably you too noticed that in most settlements locations, green boundaries and "workshop zone" boundaries are not completely aligned, and you receive the message "out from workshop ... etc" also if the character is still inside green line, in some places).

Anyway that big problem of the lots of CTDs seem totally solved now, i still had a pair of CTDs / freezes in specific zones (corvega assembly and south boston), but i had them also with old game version, and have read in other places that these are related to other problems, and they just happened once per day, where instead before i had CTDs randomly also every 2 / 3 minutes, now that problem is finally solved :)

Heyas Jonathan :) Definitely good news that we have you back to what is normal for you. :)

You might try the Boston FPS Fix https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/26286 to see if that helps you out in that area. That one is really hard on computers. Even really high end machines can get hit hard in that zone. ;)

Corvega, its just a lot. TBH, I just turn my graphics down, when I'm in there. :dry: :laugh:

Aye, that exiting the green zone is a pain in the rump. I really hate that one right around the fencing, at the Drive-in. Tho... YES, some of those zones are pitiful!! Like, clearing an entire town worth of ghouls, some of them sleepers, and only get 1.5 buildings out of it!! :mad: :mad:

Glad to pass the tip along :) It's taken me a LOT Of breaking bad habits, with this game, and a lot of learning from experience! So yeah, anytime I can give advice on how NOT to replicate my mistakes, I'm very happy to do so :)

I think it's been said that this game is a really good FPS, but not a great story game. And I agree, cuz I don't like the endings. Thats just me. I may get around to some mods that give alternate endings. But right now, I just keep coming back for new weapons, armors, companions, etc etc etc.

Heyas Jonathan :smile: Definitely good news that we have you back to what is normal for you. :smile:

You might try the Boston FPS Fix https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/26286 to see if that helps you out in that area. That one is really hard on computers. Even really high end machines can get hit hard in that zone. :wink:

Corvega, its just a lot. TBH, I just turn my graphics down, when I'm in there. :dry: :laugh:

Aye, that exiting the green zone is a pain in the rump. I really hate that one right around the fencing, at the Drive-in. Tho... YES, some of those zones are pitiful!! Like, clearing an entire town worth of ghouls, some of them sleepers, and only get 1.5 buildings out of it!! :mad: :mad:

Glad to pass the tip along :smile: It's taken me a LOT Of breaking bad habits, with this game, and a lot of learning from experience! So yeah, anytime I can give advice on how NOT to replicate my mistakes, I'm very happy to do so :smile:

I think it's been said that this game is a really good FPS, but not a great story game. And I agree, cuz I don't like the endings. Thats just me. I may get around to some mods that give alternate endings. But right now, I just keep coming back for new weapons, armors, companions, etc etc etc.

I hate companions. I only use them when absolutely forced to do so by the game. I don't even take Dogmeat with me to Concord.... They have a nasty habit of getting in my way, or alerting enemies to my presence, LONG before I want them to know I am there. I play a stealth-based character, and tend to take out most enemies at a significant distance..... so it is generally pretty easy for ME to shoot, move, hide, lather, rinse, repeat, and clear areas, and the occupants don't even get a decent shot at me. Companions, even dogmeat, change all that... as as soon as I fire the first shot, they are running off to engage...... and giving away our position. I am frequently tempted to shoot them MYSELF. :D

Heyas Jonathan :smile: Definitely good news that we have you back to what is normal for you. :smile:

You might try the Boston FPS Fix https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/26286 to see if that helps you out in that area. That one is really hard on computers. Even really high end machines can get hit hard in that zone. :wink:

Glad to pass the tip along :smile: It's taken me a LOT Of breaking bad habits, with this game, and a lot of learning from experience! So yeah, anytime I can give advice on how NOT to replicate my mistakes, I'm very happy to do so :smile:

I hate companions. I only use them when absolutely forced to do so by the game. I don't even take Dogmeat with me to Concord.... They have a nasty habit of getting in my way, or alerting enemies to my presence, LONG before I want them to know I am there. I play a stealth-based character, and tend to take out most enemies at a significant distance..... so it is generally pretty easy for ME to shoot, move, hide, lather, rinse, repeat, and clear areas, and the occupants don't even get a decent shot at me. Companions, even dogmeat, change all that... as as soon as I fire the first shot, they are running off to engage...... and giving away our position. I am frequently tempted to shoot them MYSELF. :D

I have, on numerous occasions taken a shotgun to Dogmeat or Cait. :D

Strong, he gets told "Stay here" while I walk to the other side of the screen, whip out the automatic rocket launcher, and mag dump. in his general direction.

On the RARE occassions that I rescue the concord cu**s from the museum, I have made Preston Non-Essential (I never play minutemen.... I'm SO over that drek) and figure out new and exciting ways to Expedite his arse into the next dimension.

Custom .esp/esl file for the vanilla companions. Copy as override. add "does not affect stealth meter". Set them for whichever AI it is, that they only fight when you or they are attacked. Save file, after any other chosen alterations you would like to add. Save file. Add AFT, activate both mods. Enter game. Activate AFT and turn no follower collisions on.

Enjoy game ;)

Most of my companions are either eye candy, storage space/pack mules, background noise, or extra guns. Not necessarily in that order.

Tho, I'm still working on figuring out how to change "Check that out" to "Go fetch" for all of them. :laugh: :laugh:

• 1 month later...

I'm having similar CTD issues as op but haven't been able to play more than 2min without a crash, i've never played fallout 4 before, i've tried turning weapon debris off, god rays off you name it and still can't stop it from crashing, i've tried everything and still no luck, tried with and without mods, really just want to play the vanilla game smoothly without a crash if i can help it