Skyrim SE Script extender

PunkinSpiice

At first it said the script extender wasn't even installed even though it was, so I unsinstalled everything and reinstalled. Then it said my script extender was outdated even though I just installed the newest version there is. So I assumed skyrim had updated, however if skyrim hasn't updated then I am completely lost as to what is going on lol

Vortex doesn't come with the script extender. Vortex has an extension that allows it to properly install the script extender.

If your skyrim is up to date, then go to the SKSE page https://skse.silverlock.org/ download the 2.1.5 version and drag and drop the file from your downloads folder to the box at the bottom of the mods tab in Vortex. It will automatically install it.

Update: I installed the 2.1.5 version by dragging and dropping into vortex which fixed the "vortex cannot find the script extender" error, however when I launch the game, I get a popup saying something like "SkyUI cannot run because you do not have the script extender". So Vortex acknowledges I have it, but the game doesn't.

Now I'm having an entirely different issue today lol. Trying to launch it now brings a new error, even though it worked perfectly fine yesterday. Trying to run the game now causes an error to pop up saying "DLL plugins you have installed require a new version of the Address Library. Either this is a new install, or Skyrim was just updated. Visit the Address Library webpage for updates?"

So I installed the address library thinking it would fix it, but nope. Still just says "Address Library needs to be updated"

So I am back to not being able to run the game, gg.