Mod lists

Tilarium

Both of those are Arthmoor's mods, and he is pretty good about keeping them updated, and fixing bugs. If he hasn't touched them for a while, that simply means he hasn't had to, as they still work perfectly fine. Same goes for a LOT of the 'older' mods. Still work, no new bugs, so, no need to update.

As for collections though, no clue on that score. :)

Heyas Tilarium.

Ummmm. Yeah, I dunno what's up with Dread today. He/She is usually pretty helpful.

One mod that you are Going to Have to have, is the patch checker. https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/42497 It will let you play older mods on a newer game, and newer mods on an older game. You can thank Bethesda for that wonderful violation of backwards compatibility.

As for collections, those can actually be a sore spot. Especially here.

I myself don't agree with them, for a lot of reasons, but some of the authors have lists roaming about (NOT saying that they're HERE!) that are NOT checked for compatibility or stability, and could actually break your game, if you don't do you own due diligence.

Another Life and Start Me Up do both still work. Again, you may need that patch checker tho. And depending on what other mods you play, you may need compatibility patches for those two mods.

Again, due diligence by checking the required files, and the posts in the comments. Once you get home that is.

Thanks guys for letting me know. I'll use the collections as a guideline instead then and build off of those. Looks like Immersive Gameplay also hasn't been updated in a while, I'll ask around on it's forum if it's still running good with or without the patch checker. I've been a fan of Horizon for a long time but I remember it adds and changes so much that it's hard to build a mod list because it has conflicts with so much. Might not go with it and just try and tweak the game to my liking from smaller mods.

Hey again.

A way to check to see if you will need the patch checker is to look at the release date of the file to download. If it is on or before Nov 19, 2019 then it is an older version mod. If it was release closely TO that day, it's "probly" an older mod. If it was released after that day it's "likely" a newer version mod. Some modders are kind enough to list which version the game is compatible with, in their descriptions, or in the text at the download file screen.

November 20, 2019 being the day they released the patch that borked over a lot of people's games, until the patch checker came out.

Another thing to keep in mind is the hard limit for mods. We still have the 255 limit. But, we also now have .esl files, and esl flagged esp files. Those count in a different hard limit. One which is kinda hard to figure up, because it counts up different information INSIDE the mod, rather than the mod itself. Also, vortex doesn't like to run .esl or esl flagged mods correctly in the load order, from the last time I had heard (which could be fixed now, it's been a while since I'd heard Somebody PLEASE correct me if that no longer appiies!!).

I haven't played the two mods you mentioned just now. But if you have any others that you're curious about, surely somebody has played them and can give input ;)

Slowly building, right now I'm making a list of mods marking them as either Yes or Maybe. Gives me a project for the weekend. Started with out of the collections, removed about half of the mods from it because they don't appeal to me. Modern weapons, skimpy armor and clothes, that sort of thing. Now I'm going through my previous mods history from the last attempt of playing at the start of 2020. Keeping my eye on the dates of the mods like you said and noticing a lot that haven't been touched since well before 20 Nov, 2019. I'm guessing texture ones would be perfectly fine but some of my old favorite companions haven't been touched in a long time. Sad to see them maybe go.

Slowly building, right now I'm making a list of mods marking them as either Yes or Maybe. Gives me a project for the weekend. Started with out of the collections, removed about half of the mods from it because they don't appeal to me. Modern weapons, skimpy armor and clothes, that sort of thing. Now I'm going through my previous mods history from the last attempt of playing at the start of 2020. Keeping my eye on the dates of the mods like you said and noticing a lot that haven't been touched since well before 20 Nov, 2019. I'm guessing texture ones would be perfectly fine but some of my old favorite companions haven't been touched in a long time. Sad to see them maybe go.

Use the mods that forces the game to skip version checking, and "old" mods become a non-issue.