feedback on using mods

xrayy

i just want to say thanks to all mod authors offering their mods and nexusmods for providing a solid mod platform. i'm one of the strange people who like modding, reading mod threads and descriptions and my moddable games - oblivion, skyrim and fallout.

i chose my mods one by one, test them, and if they work they are part of my gaming experience.

sounds strange ?

in the meantime each of my games count more than 300 mods each game all manually tested and added. all manually chosen.

impossible ?

no, it takes some time but if it works it is a more than satisfying gaming experience for me.

stable ?

absolutely, since years, sometimes with the support and help of the mod authors. i learned my lessons. using a capable mod manager and having always a backup of the whole game - just in case.

is this sufficient ?

yes, all my games run stable, even my steam independent oblivion port from win 7 and there is no other special secret behind - maybe a little luck and some technical background knowledge.

sounds simple ?

sometimes time consuming and maybe old school but all in all a pleasureful experience still playing oblivion with a seven year old setup and with mod gems sadly not not offered anymore.

i wish you all the same satisfying gaming and modding experience!

maybe a few people can confirm this experience ?

i just want to say thanks to all mod authors offering their mods and nexusmods for providing a solid mod platform. i'm one of the strange people who like modding, reading mod threads and descriptions and my moddable games - oblivion, skyrim and fallout.

i chose my mods one by one, test them, and if they work they are part of my gaming experience.

sounds strange ?

in the meantime each of my games count more than 300 mods each game all manually tested and added. all manually chosen.

impossible ?

no, it takes some time but if it works it is a more than satisfying gaming experience for me.

stable ?

absolutely, since years, sometimes with the support and help of the mod authors. i learned my lessons. using a capable mod manager and having always a backup of the whole game - just in case.

is this sufficient ?

yes, all my games run stable, even my steam independent oblivion port from win 7 and there is no other special secret behind - maybe a little luck and some technical background knowledge.

sounds simple ?

sometimes time consuming and maybe old school but all in all a pleasureful experience still playing oblivion with a seven year old setup and with mod gems sadly not not offered anymore.

i wish you all the same satisfying gaming and modding experience!

maybe a few people can confirm this experience ?

That used to be the ONLY way to install a large number of mods. :) Required a fair bit more knowledge then though. :)

Count me in ... I'm a hand pick, roll up my sleeves manual installing dinosaur.

My current guy's setup took the better part of three weeks installing, testing and tweaking INIs back in 2014. I have a bunch of additions downloaded and waiting for the 'next guy' to happen. Maybe sometime in the next decade.