Ok so whats the deal....

Chaosmaker

I read about this on the PCZone site. I heartily agree with you on this one, Slaiv, EA are in danger of holding a monopoly akin to Big Bill's.

On topic, however ( :D ), i don't know the release date of Starcraft. If EA really do take over Ubi, there might be further delays in order to change it to an EA-approved format; ie: so that a dozen "expansion packs" can be released for it :angry2: .

Just for clarification: that was just a side note. Blizzard does not belong to Ubisoft. It was merely a reference to EAs greed, and it seemed a fitting place for it.

At least the NBA's intelligent.

On topic, here are the estimated release dates I could find:

Game Rankings: March, 2005

IGN: June 15th, 2005

Gamespot: 2005

Gamespy: June 15th, 2005

TeamXBOX: Q2 2005

Those are the major [American] gaming websites. So yeah, those are American release dates. Although I doubt there'll be much difference elsewhere.

Other than it being far away, it looks like a great game.

While you wait, check out some of the articles listed on GameRankings.

P.S. Just a little comment I found a while back on Blizzard's site.... make of it what you will.

Although we have not made any announcements and do not have a development or release timeline, we do fully intend to revisit the world of StarCraft on PC at some point in the future.

• 3 weeks later...

The best way to lose the attention of gamers is to delay a release so many times that you can't count on one hand.

Games I lost total interest in after delays:

Doom 3 (wasn't great anyway)

Half life 2 (See what I said above)

Halo 2 (Yuch)

StarCraft Ghost

The only game I look forward to is Diablo 3 which is probably never coming. :P

• 2 months later...
I'd like to see a Diablo III or a starcraft two come out soon but I dought either are comin out soon. They have something up there sleeves though.

Yeah... I've been dreaming of a Diablo III for years now, but honestly, if they were going to do it I think we would have heard something by now. I don't reckon it's gunna happen, unfortunately...

I think we may here something at the upcoming E3 if there making any new stuff for Warcraft, Diablo, Starcraft, or maybe even a new series ???

Archived