Never modded before, can't find basic help

kellyhusky

I've been working on my mod, Geneva's House for about a year now. it is useable and apparently liked, but I want to improve the decoration and functionality, and I am running into trouble doing so.

I want to add some of the available modder's resources (static objects, scripts) and include them into my mod so that there is only one file that needs to be downloaded. I have no idea how to do that. I have searched this forum and the internet, but apparently this is so basic, everyone takes it for granted that I would know how. If this has been covered in a thread here, i would be very grateful for a link.

Thank you.

Only one file to download? That's not how any of us experienced modders go about it. We usually just have one .ESP, and if we use any assets that aren't native to Skyim, we also include a .BSA.

A .BSA file is basically a folder where you store any assets that aren't already a part of the vanilla game. It's where we store new meshes, textures, and scripts among other things. To learn how to create a .BSA, you can watch this tutorial.