Saved Game Bloat?

2 replies to this topic

edgeburner

edgeburner

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Just out of curiosity, is there a threshold that should raise a red flag on the size (megabytes) of your saved games? I understand that there are many factors that contribute to saved game size, but, I run AWKCR, VIS-G, and  AE....And, I have characters that have leveled into the 90's and have never passed the 18mb mark? That does not seem excessive too me. Considering the fact that I have seen post on various forums where characters are well above that size. 

Also, I have disabled all save options in the menu except "exit saves", funny thing is, these exit saves are often a couple MB's lager that the the FOS saves? 

I  run a  moderate load, about 115 ESP's, plus about 10 FOSE mods. 

Edited by edgeburner, 05 October 2022 - 08:51 PM.

HeyYou

HeyYou

Resident poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,649 posts

Yeah, save game size will increase over play time, as the game tracks EVERYTHING you do..... and building settlements will increase the size dramatically. I am somewhere in the 20's range, and my saves are around 16mb. Exit saves are actually a few mb SMALLER than standard saves. No clue what that's all about. :D

edgeburner

edgeburner

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Yeah, save game size will increase over play time, as the game tracks EVERYTHING you do..... and building settlements will increase the size dramatically. I am somewhere in the 20's range, and my saves are around 16mb. Exit saves are actually a few mb SMALLER than standard saves. No clue what that's all about. :D

I use MO2 and switch saves from different characters in and out of the same profile load order. Some of my exit saves are as much a 4 mb larger than the hard save I make before exiting. Strange, eh? I label my back-up saves by profile and character name so as not to confuse load profiles. No issues and, exit saves self-delete. Fose actually makes a save on exit also. ReSaver doesn't show anything. No issues, everything loads fine ..... just seems odd too me. 

Reply to this topic

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.037 seconds