Saved Game Bloat?

edgeburner

Just out of curiosity, is there a threshold that should raise a red flag on the size (megabytes) of your saved games? I understand that there are many factors that contribute to saved game size, but, I run AWKCR, VIS-G, and AE....And, I have characters that have leveled into the 90's and have never passed the 18mb mark? That does not seem excessive too me. Considering the fact that I have seen post on various forums where characters are well above that size.

Also, I have disabled all save options in the menu except "exit saves", funny thing is, these exit saves are often a couple MB's lager that the the FOS saves?

I run a moderate load, about 115 ESP's, plus about 10 FOSE mods.

Edited by edgeburner

Yeah, save game size will increase over play time, as the game tracks EVERYTHING you do..... and building settlements will increase the size dramatically. I am somewhere in the 20's range, and my saves are around 16mb. Exit saves are actually a few mb SMALLER than standard saves. No clue what that's all about. :D

Yeah, save game size will increase over play time, as the game tracks EVERYTHING you do..... and building settlements will increase the size dramatically. I am somewhere in the 20's range, and my saves are around 16mb. Exit saves are actually a few mb SMALLER than standard saves. No clue what that's all about. :D

I use MO2 and switch saves from different characters in and out of the same profile load order. Some of my exit saves are as much a 4 mb larger than the hard save I make before exiting. Strange, eh? I label my back-up saves by profile and character name so as not to confuse load profiles. No issues and, exit saves self-delete. Fose actually makes a save on exit also. ReSaver doesn't show anything. No issues, everything loads fine ..... just seems odd too me.